dave matthews, awesome!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

all_i_want

Refugee
one of my roommates got hooked me up with 200 DMB tracks, and now i cant get enough of them!

who else loves dave matthews? :wink:

my fave 6 right now:

'stay or leave'
'so damn lucky'
'where are you going'
'grave digger'
'grey street'
'crash'

all other songs deserve honorable mentions

show me the love!:wink:

I am supposed to see DMB this summer; I can't believe they're coming so close to where I live! I saw them 5 years ago (can't believe it was 5 years ago) and had a great time.

I wasn't as crazy about Dave's solo album as I thought I would be, but it was still pretty good. My favorite album with the band is still Before These Crowded Streets; it's always the one I recommend to people who think they don't like DMB. It's changed a few minds.

That said, The Lillywhite Sessions, DMB's Salome so to speak, is a really stunning piece of work. Most of the songs do turn up on Busted Stuff, but I like the more spare and dark versions from Lillywhite overall. Although they did do up "Grace Is Gone" for Busted Stuff in a manner that reminds me of "Running to Stand Still."

We're going to get haters in this thread, I know, but DMB is still all right in my book. :up:

DMB really does tour just about every summer, I think. I'm super-excited to be seeing them again; I'm going with the same college pal who's accompanying me to the second U2 Philly date.

I am so pumped for the new album and tour. The new songs I have heard are fantastic!!!!

School is really going to get in the way of me going to as many DMB shows as I would like to this summer.

The Space between is the only song I actually enjoy from them. The rest of their songs are lost on me. :shrug:

------------------------------------

Bring back jick and freedom of speech...

Yes, the singer is Dave Mathews.

Their sound is kind of ecclectic ... I am sure you have heard their most commercially successful song "Crash into Me."

i liked them for a little while, but the only album i'll still listen to now is under the table and dreaming. they got really boring after before these crowded streets.

dn9909 said:
I can't stand Dave Matthews and his understudy John Mayer. It's all fookin rubbish to me.

now THIS, i can agree with.

is there any music that you DO like, dn9909?

I don't consider Dave Mathews and John Mayer really in the same "category" per se. They're both singer songwriters, but John Mayer has more of a pop sound than Dave Mathews.

JessicaAnn said:
I don't consider Dave Mathews and John Mayer really in the same "category" per se. They're both singer songwriters, but John Mayer has more of a pop sound than Dave Mathews.

there's other things (musically) going on in dmb that there isn't with john mayer. with dmb, you've got...a bunch of people i whose names i can't remember - dave matthews, and the BAND. boyd tinsley, he's uh...the violin/fiddle dude, right? :der: that's all i remember. with john mayer, it's just john mayer and his musical inferiority.

IWasBored said:

there's other things (musically) going on in dmb that there isn't with john mayer. with dmb, you've got...a bunch of people i whose names i can't remember - dave matthews, and the BAND. boyd tinsley, he's uh...the violin/fiddle dude, right? :der: that's all i remember. with john mayer, it's just john mayer and his musical inferiority.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom