Dave Letterman to be a Father

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Add "Dad" to the list of David Letterman's credits.

The "Late Show with David Letterman" host and his longtime girlfriend, Regina Lasko, are expecting a baby in November.

Letterman made the announcement during a taping of a show scheduled to air Friday night, a spokeswoman for the show told CNN.

"I have an announcement to make and I'll be honest with you," Letterman said during his monologue, "I'm a little bit nervous. I have some trepidations about this. I feel a little silly because it's one of those things where I thought never in my life this would happen. And here I am, 56, and by all rights it shouldn't be happening. But, there's nothing we can do about it now. And I'm terribly excited about this. I'm scared silly about this. I'm going to be a father."

The crowd in the old Ed Sullivan Theater in New York bursts into applause.

Letterman and Lasko are"both thrilled," Letterman spokesman Steven Rubenstein told CNN.

bushletterman10192000.jpg

note: picture courtesy of diamond's personal collection. thank you db9 once again.

nbcrusader said:

No I won't. I have never insulted anyone in here, and I won't start now. I don't care how much name calling I'll get, because I respect everyone in here. But that doesn't mean I will stop to express myself on certain topics either frivilous (like this one) or serious ones.

Bunbury said:

No I won't. I have never insulted anyone in here, and I won't start now. I don't care how much name calling I'll get, because I respect everyone in here. But that doesn't mean I will stop to express myself on certain topics either frivilous (like this one) or serious ones.

Calm down :|

Bassy your comment made me laugh - If I could I would give you 5 stars for being witty too.

NB is cool im sure he wasnt flaming you

Waste of anger = :down:

Now what were we talking about again??

Bunbury said:

It's a joke, but I guess nobody can understand that in here. Everyone is too serious.

Perhaps this will sink in for you later, but making a joke about wishing someone else (who has done you no harm by being a beloved talk show host) a sad death is preposterous. We are about kindness here at Interference, and in that kindness, we do not make jokes about death. Pick another topic to jest about.

this isn't a case of lack of sense of humour. sometimes people don't get certain jokes, but people get this. they just have taste, and find it bad.

I guess, well I try to stay away from the Lemonade Stand because I can't express myself without getting flamed.
I'll stick with talking about U2 only, in the rest of the threads, where I only talk good things because I obviously love U2.
I'll leave it at that.

dave letterman looks like an old(er) anthony michael hall in that picture. congrats to the parents-to-be. i may not like him or his show, but i am still happy for them. :)

oh, and i agree with helloangel. if you don't like dave come right out and just say that, or make some joke about him being really old to be a dad for the first time. but don't say he should've died instead of john ritter. it's just tasteless and mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom