dave gahan's paper monsters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooperson

Refugee
oh man. it's a great album! i love it. i'm gonna go see him on the 26th and i'm so excited.

it's a change from depeche mode but it's real good.

dave gahan-paper monsters. check it out:wink:

zooperson,

I haven't heard the album, but am very interested. How are Dave's lyrics and vocals? What are the musical arrangements like?

Thanks! :wave:

zooperson said:
oh man. it's a great album! i love it. i'm gonna go see him on the 26th and i'm so excited.

it's a change from depeche mode but it's real good.

dave gahan-paper monsters. check it out:wink:

Yeah, yeah, yeah! Nice one zooperson. I caught DG live in the UK and it was fantastic. Dirty Sticky Floors is my favourite song of this year so far. I'm sure you'll have a great time at the gig.:up: :up: :up: :up:

BTW I Need You is the next single, and it's a new version.

Really strong album. Not easy to find unfortunately. Glad it was brought up here, it deserves attention.

I saw the video for I need you recently, and along with Dirty sticky fingers my impression is similar to Depeche mode sound.

HelloAngel said:
zooperson,

I haven't heard the album, but am very interested. How are Dave's lyrics and vocals? What are the musical arrangements like?

Thanks! :wave:

it's his first time really writting. in depeche Martin usually wrote all the songs. but the lyrics are great. the vocale style is different than depeche but it's great. there are brilliant melodies. this guy Knox played the guitar, bass, and some cello too.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:hmm: i should buy this one.

if you can find the limited addition one it comes with a bonus dvd. it has acoustic versions of "hold on" and " black and blue again" both great songs. it also has the "dirty sticky floors" video and some other cool stuff. it's only 3 bucks more.

don't you think he kinda pulls off the "with or with out you"-bono look just a little in the "DSF" video?

zooperson said:

if you can find the limited addition one it comes with a bonus dvd. it has acoustic versions of "hold on" and " black and blue again" both great songs. it also has the "dirty sticky floors" video and some other cool stuff. it's only 3 bucks more.

don't you think he kinda pulls off the "with or with out you"-bono look just a little in the "DSF" video?

correction: the other acoustic song is " a little piece" not "black and blue again"

the music is sweet

it was produced by the same guy who produces sigur ros

his lyrics arent as good as Martin Gore's

album highlights are:

I Need You
Dirty Sticky Floors
Goodbye

Back
Top Bottom