Daughter by Pearl Jam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Layton

War Child
An old song revisited!! Guitar solo in the middle is mediocre. Song smokes otherwise. Drums are done just right. Like the ending, reminds me of U2's Zooropa. Vedder does well on the song. Overall, I'd say it falls just short of classic. What do u guys think of this old tune nowadays?

Yeah, "Daughter" with the "It's OK" tag from Jones Beach on Touring Band 2000 is incredible. I forgot some of the other tags; time to dig out a Pearl Jam boot or two, I think.

I love the lyrics, hits way too close to home for me. I guess it's supposed to be about sexual abuse but I've always thought of it as being about trouble in that relationship, whatever form that could take. I guess I always interpreted it as father/daughter

MrsSpringsteen said:
I love the lyrics, hits way too close to home for me. I guess it's supposed to be about sexual abuse but I've always thought of it as being about trouble in that relationship, whatever form that could take. I guess I always interpreted it as father/daughter

Amen to that. :(

typhoon said:
Yeah, "Daughter" with the "It's OK" tag from Jones Beach on Touring Band 2000 is incredible. I forgot some of the other tags; time to dig out a Pearl Jam boot or two, I think.

Exactly. Fantastic. A song which I think is solid on the record, but live it is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom