Dating Rant - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2002, 10:52 AM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 08:47 AM
Dating Rant

(Let me preface this by saying that I may be reacting a little quickly. I generally give a person one week after final contact before they are considered a bastard.... but I digress.)

Since when did common decency fly out the window in the dating world? I am so sick of all the games, and lies and shit that we put ourselves through in the name of finding the "right person."

Don't tell someone they're fantastic if you don't really think so, because when you disappear, the harsher reality is that you didn't mean it, and you don't even care enough to explain why you're not going to call again. Is it truly that hard to just be honest with someone, "You're really nice, but I just don't feel a romantic connection..." THAT"S NOT HARD. It's called letting someone down easy.

How hard is it to NOT kiss someone if you don't mean it? Kisses are special, why would you waste that on someone you never wanted to see again. Why would you make an incredibly romantic gesture if you're never going to call someone again? Damnit! Don't say you're going to call if you're not going to because after being swept off ones feet, the other person will most likely sit by the phone and wait. And when you don't, they'll spend the next days listing what they did wrong, or what's so terribly unattractive about them that it made you want to go away.

I know it's okay to be single, and I'm happy on my own. But it's also okay to want to find the happy ending. I fell in love once, and it was great. I'd like for that to happen again. It's OKAY to want to be romanced. It's not a CRIME to want to be held. I know I'm not ready to get married yet, but boy would I like to stop dating.

Old 07-16-2002, 10:53 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:47 AM
Normal

men suck.

Old 07-16-2002, 10:55 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:47 AM
Maybe the person really likes you and is nervous about phoning back maybe?
Old 07-16-2002, 11:03 AM   #4
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:47 AM
girls can do the same.

I went out with the girl for 4 months and at that point she told me the same crap. Then all of a sudden not a word from her in a few weeks.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:05 AM   #5
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen
Maybe the person really likes you and is nervous about phoning back maybe?
I wish, but after two broken dates ( one of them a really big deal) and no contact in a week, I'm guessing not. He broke the big date (my first vocal performance in a year) for an "emergency at work." I hope that's the case... and that he really just hasn't had time to call, but that's being unrealistic.

Here's a scenario/question for the guys...

Suppose you take someone on a first date (blind date): Conversation is great, and the first time you look up from the table, the entire restaurant is closed and you are the last people there and didn't even notice! So, you move on to a pub nearby and close that down... 5 1/2 hours of great conversation... Even talking about religion and politics and agreeing about almost everything...

Fast forward to second date, great dinner, great conversation, but an early morning, so not much else. You walk her to the front door and kiss her quickly. Five minutes later, you show up again to say that you didn't think that first kiss was good enough to "woo" her, and plant one to remember on her.

Is this the kind of situation where you'd just break the other dates that you had planned and never call again? It seemed wonderful to me... I feel like I lost my mind...

Oh, and by the way- I took a poll of friends with experience and I am NOT a bad kisser.

I'll stop rambling now, but at least y'all have the whole situation to analize....
Old 07-16-2002, 11:15 AM   #6
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Peaseblossom

Is this the kind of situation where you'd just break the other dates that you had planned and never call again? It seemed wonderful to me... I feel like I lost my mind...

Not me. I am pretty honest though and I would let people know up front what my deal is. And I would not do something like that if I did not mean it.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:41 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sula - Men dont suck..Some men suck..Ditto women..

Lara - You might be right

Blossom - Everyone is selfish. So no big deal..Dont be upset .relax and enjoy better things in your life..than date.

AcrobatMan
Old 07-16-2002, 11:43 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

yeah, I know. but some days it sure feels like they all do.

Old 07-16-2002, 11:45 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AcrobatMan
Sula - Men dont suck..Some men suck..Ditto women..

Lara - You might be right

Blossom - Everyone is selfish. So no big deal..Dont be upset .relax and enjoy better things in your life..than date.

AcrobatMan
well said well said- ive never been on a proper date before- id love to be spoilt for an evening *sigh*

P/Blossom as the cliche goes there are plenty more fish in the sea and well hes just a jerk if he doesnt call you back- go out and look for another nice man to date
Old 07-16-2002, 12:15 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

dating is not my expertise....but to me this looks like he's either in a coma or really inconsiderate.....

find yourself a real man, who can tell the truth and face up to women...
Old 07-16-2002, 12:30 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:47 AM

well...at least he didn't dump you and call you fat with a visual aid to help things out.

this person you saw is a boy. you need a man. big difference that doesn't come in years.
Old 07-16-2002, 12:49 PM   #12
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly
well...at least he didn't dump you and call you fat with a visual aid to help things out.
No, that was my last boyfriend.
Old 07-16-2002, 12:50 PM   #13
Elvis' Naughty Angel

oh honey... been there... had that done to me... and it does make you feel like you have lost your mind, but in all reality, they are ones that have lost their mind. You just can't treat people like that. Anyway, maybe he is genuinely busy. Maybe not. You also have to remember that men don't think the same way girls do. Where a girl will find the time to say 'hey, I am just super busy right now', a guy won't. Give it a bit more time, but have you considered calling him up and asking him straight out? I'd like to have the nerve to do that one day. It would certainly make the 'mourning' process easier. All this time we waste on the what if's and wondering what happened?
Old 07-16-2002, 12:57 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4
yeah, I know. but some days it sure feels like they all do.
You know DAMN well that sucking is not gender specific! Don't even start that - especially when the majority of the young women out there are atracted to JERKS. Look for a nice guy who is also nice looking, not just nice looking.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:05 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Big Grin

lol. geez, zoney. you know me...I'm such a player and I'm out there looking all the time. Actually, I'm through with the whole thing for the next couple of years. Got better things to do. btw, which library you at today?