Dating advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Well, I'm 17 and before last week I'd never had a girlfriend ever... yeah what can I say, I'm a bit of a loser. But I asked out this girl and she said yes.. seems we've both liked eachother for a long time, so that's great!

But anyway, I'm completely new at this whole relationship, so while I have a little idea of what's going on, I'm fairly clueless.

So this is your chance to impart upon me any and all advice you have for healthy fun relationships, and hopefully we can all learn from eachother!

And I also need ideas for happy, fun, exciting things to do on dates. Movie, dinner, what else?

Originally posted by SkeeK:
And I also need ideas for happy, fun, exciting things to do on dates. Movie, dinner, what else?

flowers never ever hurt. well i get hurt if i go too long without presenting them?
yes
but when you do show up with them, even if there a little on the cheap side, the girls love 'em.

as for places to go, we like to go out regularly to small eateries around ottawa, i enjoy walks and so does she(you're in london, right? great place for walks!).

before you get too serious i will tell you about a test i have run on every single girl i have ever taken out(i once borrowed my friends car cause mine was in the shop and my parents are too nice for this, after she proved herself then we took my dads, hehehe):
it must be done when you are driving, it really only works on an older model car(non power doors) but it's not a neccesity.
unlock the car door for her, open it and let her sit down and firmly, but at the same time gently, close it.
as you walk around the car to the drivers side it is a safe assumption that the individual sitting in the passenger side will either
a. reach across and unlock your side(this is for non-power lock cars), doing this would show a very high level of caring on her part.

b. unlock the car via a power lock, while this does not show the same level of caring, keep in mind that it is not her fault and maybe an indication of intelligence that she found that before waisting energy leaning across.

c. if she does nothing then it is safe to assume that you may want to think about this girl again.

obviously for cars with key fobs this is in no way effective, unless you pretended it didn't work but then you might be someone she might want to think about spending time with...ok i am going to shut up now cause i have a mid term tommorow morning.

------------------
against smileys

Yay!! I'm so happy for you SkeeK!

Hmm.. well.. I would say dont get all serious too quick. Just enjoy each others company as friends and if more happens, go with it!

smlove2.gif

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Photo Albums

thanks for the advice koby. hehe. i don't even have a driver's liscence so it's she who drives me everywhere.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
before you get too serious i will tell you about a test i have run on every single girl i have ever taken out

All my guy friends use the same test
smile.gif
I remember on my first date with my boyfriend, I was so nervous and preocupied, that I completely forgot about the whole unlocking thing. Good thing he gave me a second chance!

SKEEKER!!!
DAMON! DUDE!

How CoME YoU DiDNt TeLl ME!!???

WOO!

Hahaha. Man, if you need any help with anything man, just ICQ me aiight? But heres a hint, dont invite me and Phil to go to a movie with you and your chick, that didnt go over well LMAO... Oh well. But yeah. Dont be afraid to ask man. I dont mind talkin about it, and youre less than a loser than I am so pshhhh. Dont worry about it though. But Ill say this now, good communication and trust are probably the singlemost important things in a relationship. Be honest, but not stupid. I know you well enough that youre not gonna go cheating on her so theres nothing to worry about there, but even still. Make sure you know what she wants, likes, and doesnt like. Maybe Im just to willing to do anything for people, so maybe you dont wanna get totally whipped, but hey, being totally whipped is better than being single.

Well anyways. Ill talk to you later now for sure LOL... Why am I always the last to know these things?!??

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Well, I'm 17 and before last week I'd never had a girlfriend ever... yeah what can I say, I'm a bit of a loser.

Hey now!!!! *lol* I didn't find my first guy until I was 19...but it turned out great!
wink.gif

As for somewhere to NOT go...don't go to a movie...unless you don't want to have to worry about talking. But it is hard to get to know each other and such in a movie...

Unless you're one of those assholes who talks the entire time during the movie...
biggrin.gif

Dinner is always nice...lots of time for conversation...going somewhere REALLY fancy right away though can be intimidating...but the drive-thru at McDonald's is just tacky.
biggrin.gif
Do something in between!
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by rejoicing fan:
All my guy friends use the same test
smile.gif
I remember on my first date with my boyfriend, I was so nervous and preocupied, that I completely forgot about the whole unlocking thing. Good thing he gave me a second chance!

Not all women pass this test.....in fact, even after the nervousness, some still don't do it!

That's hilarious! Men are such simple creatures. Yep, that would tell you everything you need to know about a girl!

Dang, I wouldn't even know where the power lock is placed. I'm dooooooomed!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by kobayashi:
before you get too serious i will tell you about a test i have run on every single girl i have ever taken out(i once borrowed my friends car cause mine was in the shop and my parents are too nice for this, after she proved herself then we took my dads, hehehe):
it must be done when you are driving, it really only works on an older model car(non power doors) but it's not a neccesity.
unlock the car door for her, open it and let her sit down and firmly, but at the same time gently, close it.
as you walk around the car to the drivers side it is a safe assumption that the individual sitting in the passenger side will either
a. reach across and unlock your side(this is for non-power lock cars), doing this would show a very high level of caring on her part.

b. unlock the car via a power lock, while this does not show the same level of caring, keep in mind that it is not her fault and maybe an indication of intelligence that she found that before waisting energy leaning across.

c. if she does nothing then it is safe to assume that you may want to think about this girl again.

obviously for cars with key fobs this is in no way effective, unless you pretended it didn't work but then you might be someone she might want to think about spending time with...ok i am going to shut up now cause i have a mid term tommorow morning.

The Bronx Tale Test......

There is another test you can do. When you're driving and she is in the front seat, take your hand and put it behind her head. Then drive her head to your crotch and if she "goes to town", kick her out of the car because she's a slut who has no welf worth. If she objects, tell her it was only a test
of her character.

Also stolen from the Bronx Tale.

Not CK

tickle her tummie

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 12-12-2001).]

Best Advice, dude,
Take it slowly. Everybody says it and if you do it, you'll be cool! Go Bowling.( you can check out her ass!) Maybe shoot some pool.( you can check out her rack!) Take her some place nice to eat. Just be yourself and be a gentleman. Try to make her laugh, but don't be Chris Rock and crack one-liners constantly. Good Luck, dude! You'll need it! Never try to figure out women or else you'll be shopping for a noose to hang yourself with.

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

just be yourself,if a girl dosent like you for what you are then she isnt worth it!!!!
dont try to impress as a woman will see right through it,confidence is a great turn on.i can only speak for myself but the best guys i have dated are the ones who are confident and fun to be with

------------------
a vampire or a victim it depends on whos around

Dont let the Bastards grind you down

The phrase that any guy needs to remember if you have a girlfriend is "I don't know?"

Q: Where are you going?
A: I don't know?

Q: Who's that girl?

Q: Whose number is this?

You get the idea.

This phrase will work in any situations.

Good luck.

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Skeek!!! How exciting!
biggrin.gif

Just be sure to get lots of talking in. I know you can be very quiet, and much more loquacious online. Talk about your passions in life and find out about hers. Go out to eat or for coffee a lot. Make her an awesome U2 tape!

I can almost guarantee that if you want to make a huge impression on her, take a trip into Toronto and take her to the ballet. Romeo & Juliet is on in February, and it's one of the best there is. This will give you enough time to get to know her, so it won't seem strange to take her too soon in the relationship.

Good luck and tell us how it goes!
smile.gif

I have to admit I?m older than Skeek and have no experience as well
frown.gif

------------------
we shine like stars in the summernight
we shine like stars in the winternight
one heart
one hope
with or without you

Places to go:

Out for coffee or tea is always fun for me! Go to a bookstore or small cafe and just hang out with each other.
For a walk (if it's not too cold)
A picnic near a lake! (okay, I know this MAY NOT be possible, but still, it's a nice thought, huh?)

For some reason I'm blanking right now. But I would suggest going anyway, doing anything that involves getting to know each other and just simply spending time together.

Good luck!

hippy

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

Back
Top Bottom