Dashboard Confessional

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My little brother (19 yrs old) loves them, and many bands from the so-called "Emo" scene.

I find DC fairly whiney and the lyrics are a tad adolescent.. but, I know they're pretty popular within their "scene." The lead singer, though, Chris Carrabba (or maybe it's a one-man band, I dunno) seems like a really nice, stand-up kind of guy who is very loyal and sweet to his fans.

I'm not sure if you caught DC's Unplugged taping on MTV2, but it was basically a sing-a-long the entire time, much like a U2 concert. All teenagers though. Pretty neat to watch the passion the fans have of the music.

Places You Have Come To Fear The Most is a fantastic album. I saw these guys open for Weezer. Not the best live show I've ever seen, actually I was pretty disappointed in their set, but I really love their album. I recommend it.

Dashboard Confessional is the worst thing in music today. This is not mere hyperbole: at least boy bands have manufactured pop songs that don't offend the ear. Dashboard Confessional, on the other hand, features vague, lovelorn-themed 8th-grade-angst lyrics over extremely bland and poorly strummed acoustic guitar. It is absolutely without equal in terms of lack of musicality and musical ambition. Some sample lyrics for you to peruse:

"you expect me to apologize
for things that you've done wrong
While you're inciting others
you're owning up to nothing
and I wish that I was gone
cause you're not going anywhere"

"As for now, I'm gonna hear the saddest songs
and sit alone and wonder, how you're making out
but as for me, I wish that I was anywhere
with anyone, making out"

Now if the band were intentionally comedic, it might be a different story ;)

mug222 said:
Dashboard Confessional is the worst thing in music today. This is not mere hyperbole: at least boy bands have manufactured pop songs that don't offend the ear. Dashboard Confessional, on the other hand, features vague, lovelorn-themed 8th-grade-angst lyrics over extremely bland and poorly strummed acoustic guitar. It is absolutely without equal in terms of lack of musicality and musical ambition. Some sample lyrics for you to peruse:

"you expect me to apologize
for things that you've done wrong
While you're inciting others
you're owning up to nothing
and I wish that I was gone
cause you're not going anywhere"

"As for now, I'm gonna hear the saddest songs
and sit alone and wonder, how you're making out
but as for me, I wish that I was anywhere
with anyone, making out"

Now if the band were intentionally comedic, it might be a different story ;)

That pretty much sums up my feelings...I HATE this band, with a passion...horrible songs, worse lyrics...sorry for being so blunt, but these guys are unbearable to listen to.

Back
Top Bottom