Darkness on the Edge of Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DOTEOT is amazing. The last time he came to L.A. he opened with The Promised Land.:applaud:

:yes:

You should check out a new book called Days Of Hope And Dreams, by the same photographer who took that shot. It's chock full of previously unpublished yummy photos :wink:

I can't decide if Darkness or Born to Run is my favorite Springsteen album.

The cover of Darkness is OK, but if you want to talk about hotness, what about the cover of The Wild, The Innocent and the E-Street Shuffle? Those lips... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Bruce will forever be cool.

"Darkness on the Edge of Town" is a great album, but you can't exclude any of his work (exception might be Luckytown) and do him justice.

Don't have the album (yet). :reject:
I do have some others though (Live 1975-85, LT, Plugged, GH, GOTJ, Tracks, LINYC, Rising).

:reject:

Marty

darkness_xl.jpg

:up:

Great album and great song. 80% of the time it's my favourite live Bruce track.

martha said:

Fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor

That's the one song I skip over on that record.

I haven't heard the studio version yet (again, fill the next few lines with :reject: ). It was also one of my lesser favourite Bruce tracks (all the countless live versions I do have of it)...
until I saw him perform it in May (the Bruce concert the day before I got my university degree :hyper: ). Then it clicked with me, especially the musical outtro. Now, it's not my favourite Bruce song (yet?), but I do appreciate it a whole lot more.

You're born into this life paying for the sins of somebody else's past

Marty

When Born to Run was released, I knew it was love.

When Darkness was released, I knew it was forever.

:heart:

Back
Top Bottom