dare you to post your phobias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Public restrooms.

Only beause I have dreams about them and I'm always scared in my dreams. Cuz the restrooms are always eerie and disgusting.

------------------
Holy Dunc Spacejunk Coming In For The Splash

Sicy's Website

Interesting!! I really was affected by that during a while... Glad it's gone, cause I feel lighter!! I don't feel like having the whole human race future on my shoulder!! Did you feel like that??

Originally posted by soul service:
I don't feel like having the whole human race future on my shoulder!
No, my "problem" was kind of the opposite. Solipsism was incredibly, excruciatingly lonely for me. I can never possibly disprove it (despite whatever conclusions that article reaches), but I have to push any thoughts of it to the furthest recesses of my mind so it doesn't haunt me.

[This message has been edited by mug222 (edited 11-08-2001).]

Being that I am completely anal-retentive, I have many rational and irrational phobias.

My phobias, in no particular order, are:

Cockroaches, death, rape, the dark, bad health, failure, car accident, plane accident, depression, escalators, being alone, driving at night, ghosts, elevators, rooms that are too big (I am the opposite of claustrophobic), flying, war, pet becomes ill, loved one becomes ill, weight gain...

Oh Lord! Now that's WAYYY too much information to post here! LOL!!
smile.gif

I'm really a fun-loving girl... who probably needs counceling!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Do you have to understand, but I mean COMPLETELY understand everything???

Hello Angel, are you the kind of person who think too much???

You know that initial approach to meet a woman....just to break the ice(?)...that's my biggest phobia. After said ice is broken, ya can't shut me up.

other big phobias: inheriting my dad's M.Dystrophy, being alone, & finally......CHRONIC vaginemia <---you figure it out! LOL

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
rooms that are too big

omg. Me too.

Me personally for instance, I could never live in a big house because I feel a subconsious feeling of the place is so big therefore someone or something could be hiding anywhere and I would not know about it.

Ok who needs help now.. lol!

------------------
Holy Dunc Spacejunk Coming In For The Splash

Sicy's Website

I used to be terrified of spidiers, but one day this past summer, I woke up and lost my fear. I don't know why, but the first thing that came to my mind was "I'm not afraid of spiders any more". Very strange, but ever since then I have been fine with them.

That I won't have any honey?

------------------
Stealing honey from a swarm of bees,
swinging through the trees.

~Bugs, especially spiders

~Wind

~Being lost

~Ones I love dying

~Being alone

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

The wind?

Yes, I'm afraid of wind, okay?? I've been afraid of it ever since I was a little kid...one of my biggest fears.

------------------
"I don't know you,

What scares you about the wind? The effect on your skin? Where it comes from? That it will blow you away???? I'm wondering... so, PLEASE, no offense! These are true questions!

What scares you about the wind? The effect on your skin? Where it comes from? That it will blow you away???? I'm wondering... so, PLEASE, no offense! These are true questions!

I don't know...it's just...when it blows everything around...it is just fuckin' mad chaos...

I remember when I was little, and Mom would hang out laundry. On the horribly windy days, the laundry would be blowin' like crazy...I'd want her to take it down because I couldn't stand to watch it blowing around...I couldn't look at it. I don't know why.

Even now...there's this delicate owl windchime that I used to have hanging in my bedroom when I was little. Mom has it hanging outside now, and I hate that...the wind blows it around, and it's delicate strings get all tangled, and I get panicky when I see it like that. Mom won't take it in the house though. Bah.

Wind freaks me out.

------------------
"I don't know you,

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 11-08-2001).]

Strange. Cause I really love wind. Do lightings and thunder do it to, without wind?

I don't mind lightning and thunder too much, usually. Sometimes it does but not always.

I like gentle breezes and stuff like that...and when drgnwolf1969 and I took a ferry ride, I made him ride on top with me so we could feel the wind...I love that...

But I don't like wind in just everyday, normal situations...I don't know...it's messed up. I can't really explain it, I guess.

------------------
"I don't know you,

Wow, that's crazy BC!
I have tons of phobias I guess, some have already been mentioned:
cockroaches, heights, germs (just in pub. bathrooms), dolls (ok, yeah. ever since the Child's Play movies...*shudder*), rape, speaking in front of crowds...probably more.

I have a bad fear of thunder and lightning. I've had it for a long time but it seems to be getting worse. Last year I was camping and at night there was a thunderstorm. THere were only about four or five rolls of thunder over half an hour, but they were BIG. I mean, they were right overhead. I was so scared I was crying. I think the other major one is bad turbulence on airplanes. I get nervous on airplanes very easily. I'm ok if the plane is just cruising along nicely but bumpiness or even changes in the sound of the motor freak me out. Last year I was flying back from Mexico and there was a lot of minor bumpiness, then for about ten minutes it was fairly major, and for two minutes it was hell, in my opinion. The plane was plunging and rattling from side to side. Again, I was so scared I cried.
frown.gif
I don't like it when I lose control like that.

------------------
So wind blow through to my heart
So wind blow through my soul

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
omg. Me too.

Me personally for instance, I could never live in a big house because I feel a subconsious feeling of the place is so big therefore someone or something could be hiding anywhere and I would not know about it.

Ok who needs help now.. lol!

LOL!!

Seriously, one time I went into a huge Gap store, and the ceilings were too high, and the walls too far apart, and the carpet pattern was too pattern-y and I fucking fainted! My brain couldn't take it!

In Vegas, I got vertigo really bad at the Luxor after 5 minutes, and being scared of escalators, I take a few seconds just to step onto them - with vertigo, it's horrible!! Same thing at the MGM Grand. arghargh.

being rejected
needles- White coat syndrome
SNAKES
spiders- a huntsman was sitting on the floor outside my bedroom this morning and i just physically couldnt go back in because i had to walk past it.It made me late for work because i had to wake up my brother to come and get my bag and shoes out of my room before getting rid of it!!

did i mention needles?

Fears...
Not really a phobia but i have a fear of never fulfilling my potential and not being happy in my life. That REALLY scares me.
Losing more of the people I love.

Back
Top Bottom