Daniel Powter anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheQuiet1

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I tried, really tried, not to be seduced by the charms of 'Bad Day'. But I failed... was I the only one here?

Aardvark747 said:
He certainly hasnt won me over!:madspit: Yet another piano man, droning down the mic...:tsk:

I know! I know! I know! But I've been listening to Bad day on repeat on his website today. It's only going to be a matter of time before I buy the album. :help:

TheQuiet1 said:
I tried, really tried, not to be seduced by the charms of 'Bad Day'. But I failed... was I the only one here?

I want that video to happen to me! :)

As for his song/music. It's nice, but not instantly 'must buy'-able. Like this year's Walking In Memphis (or Jesse, etc.).

Re: Re: Re: Daniel Powter anyone?

Lara Mullen said:

I really don't see the big fuss with him either :der:

No, but I can see why people like him and James Blunt are so successful in the charts. It's "nice" music, it just doesn't do anything for me. I'm not trying to diss TheQuiet1, she must have a good taste in music to be on a U2 board ;), but it just seems to me like music for people with no taste or real interest in proper music. :shrug:

Sorry TheQuiet1, I'm sure someone who likes him will come along soon!

I think James Blunt sounds like someone being tortured when he sings. :der:

There's also another bloke in the charts who sits behind a piano and likes to belt out his tunes, I don't know his name though (I think one of his songs is "Ordinary people"). They all seem to rant on about him though.

I haven't been overly impresed by many new bands/singers lately

Re: Re: Re: Re: Daniel Powter anyone?

{paintedroses} said:

No, but I can see why people like him and James Blunt are so successful in the charts. It's "nice" music, it just doesn't do anything for me. I'm not trying to diss TheQuiet1, she must have a good taste in music to be on a U2 board ;), but it just seems to me like music for people with no taste or real interest in proper music. :shrug:

Sorry TheQuiet1, I'm sure someone who likes him will come along soon!

But that's what I mean! I know it's nice, 'safe' music with no real 'depth' to it, that's why I don't wanna buy the album but Bad Day is just so cutesy pie that I wanna buy it!! :scratch: umm...if that makes any sense at all!

It's like when I read a trashy novel instead of quality literature, I enjoy it but feel slightly guilty 'cos I think I should be reading something better than this.

But I guess everyone needs a break from the serious and 'intellectual' sometimes and I suppose that's what the trashy novels and 'safe' musicians of this world provide.

That said, if anyone could make me feel better about this by saying they don't mind Bad Day, I would be happier. :D

Lara Mullen said:
I think James Blunt sounds like someone being tortured when he sings. :der:

There's also another bloke in the charts who sits behind a piano and likes to belt out his tunes, I don't know his name though (I think one of his songs is "Ordinary people"). They all seem to rant on about him though.

I think you mean John Legend.

It seems that when someone half decent comes along on any genre, then 1000 others imitating them also appear. I liked some of Damien Rice's stuff but I think James Blunt is a poorer cousin, although I must admit I am basing this on hearing "You're Beautiful" alone and one other song (I can't remember the name). I am not keen on the rhymes in that song as they make me cringe a bit. I assume this Daniel Powter fellow is along the same lines from reading other people's posts.

I will check out Daniel Powter as I try not to dismiss stuff before I have heard it! So at the moment TheQuiet1 I can technically say I don't mind Bad Day as I have yet to hear it!

Lara Mullen said:

I haven't been overly impresed by many new bands/singers lately

That bloke is John Legend. I quite like his track Ordinary People. :)
Haven't checked out his album though.

Tilli said:

I will check out Daniel Powter as I try not to dismiss stuff before I have heard it! So at the moment TheQuiet1 I can technically say I don't mind Bad Day as I have yet to hear it!

That's good enough for me! (Well, it seems like the nearest I'm gonna get anyway!) ;)

Back
Top Bottom