Daniel Lanois' first album "Acadie" now available on CD at his web site (finally!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckle

Acrobat
Daniel Lanois' first album "Acadie" now available on CD at his web site (finally!)

For anyone interested, I thought I'd let you know that I got an e-mail from daniellanois.com that said he has been able to "get his album back" and has now re-released it (available on his web site daniellanois.com).

I love this album. I had it on cassette after it came out in 1989. I wore that out, and found that I couldn't buy it on CD anymore (had been out-of-print) for years. I would see used copies of it on eBay. I would always bid on it, but I was always out-bid at the last minute. (The CDs were going in the $20 range, and I've been bidding on them whenever they'd come up over the last year or so.) Perhaps Mr. Lanois himself got wind of the fact that there was a definite interest on eBay for this CD.

I just ordered it, and I can't wait to have it again. For anyone who likes his stuff, this is definitely worth having. As you know, this guy is partly responsible for so many of the great sounds we've heard from U2 over the years.

This is a truly fantastic album, and I highly recommend it. Adam and Larry (and Eno) even play a little on it.

His other two albums are great too. And a lot of the albums he's produced (e.g., Emmylou Harris' Wrecking Ball) are also worth seeking. Basically, Lanois owns your ass.

Other than the folk festival in Winnepeg (above), does anyone know anything about any touring plans in the coming year? I missed him last time around.

wolfeden said:

Ditto! :up:

He's also going to sign each copy sold on his website. He is also selling his latest CD Rockets on his website. Its some alternate takes of some older songs and a couple of new ones. I love Stormy Sky with Emmylou Harris & Willie Nelson + Daniel singing in French, which is always a bonus :drool:

I can't wait until he tours again...he is amazing live. He's also extremely nice to his fans and seems truly humbled by their reactions to him. We met in person after a show last year and I think he was as nervous as I was :laugh:

Last edited:
I had no idea you couldn't get Acadie on CD (until now). I got it on CD when it first came out and although I haven't listened to it in awhile, it's still one of my favorite CDs. The fact that it ever went out of print is just wrong.

Bono's American Wife said:
He's also going to sign each copy sold on his website.
Yeah, he's signing copies of Shine too. That's awesome for $15. Everyone here needs to check this shit out.

I bought Rocket-really good stuff.
You should also seek out Sessions at West 54th Street DVD.
He does a great instrumental track.
He'd be a great opener!

Back
Top Bottom