Daniel Lanois Albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NebraskaU2

The Fly
So I got to meet Dan Lanois while in Toronto last week for the U2 shows. I have always been a huge fan of Lanois solo albums but I haven't seen them get much attention here (maybe I am wrong on this one though). He is an amazing musician and a poetic lyricist who is very underrated when it comes to his own work.

If anyone is interested in hearing some very beautiful music I suggest picking up all of them:

Acadie, For The Beauty of Winona, Shine, Rockets, and Belladonna

There are some other soundtracks and whatnot that he has released but these are the only ones I have heard.

RB

I only have acadie and it flirts with being an all out awful album

It's just so pretentious and the production so tacky..I dunno. I think Lanois has some good stuff...I've heard some of belldonna, and it's decent. But he is an example of a good producer who is not really good at writing original music.

I have to disagree with your comment on Acadie. With songs like The Maker, Still Water, Under a Stormy Sky, etc. this is one of my favorite albums.

But again, it is all subjective.

RB

Acadie is in my top 5 albums of all time. Don't know how you can call it's production tacky. :rolleyes:

Wynona is another of my favorites. In and out of the top 5.

typhoon said:

Do you even own any U2 albums?

yes

point is...Lanois apparently has no great ear for his own original songs

I mean, it's great you all love it, but for me it reeks of being over-wrought.
like he over-thinks things and gets paranoid. "damn, I'm a producer for u2, I better bring the noise"

and he misses

Back
Top Bottom