Daniel Lanois

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I recently got some awesome Daniel Lanois songs.

My favorites are "I Love You," "As Tears Roll By," "Fire," "The Maker," and "Sometimes." He definitely has U2 infulences and I want as much people as possible to experience how great his music is.

Listen to his song "I Like That" on his site: http://www.daniellanois.com/music.htm

Last edited:
His lyrics are like Bono's but they are very unique.

"Fire"
My angel I promised her we'd be dressed in a cloud
Standing on pillars on fire singing out loud
Shot from truth and love, not darkness
With the moon under your feet
Where birth goes on and rides terror
My shine will be complete

With your fire your fire
My tremolo
You're my fire

Every so softly it grows when you don't wear your armor
Crushing the burden and confusion sour
Trembling high on every leaf
Raining light down on your belief
Oh my angel unburdened by the race
I'll go down burning in your embrace

On fire, on fire
My tremolo
You're my fire

Don't take away my shine
My shine is all I have
My heat, my love, my beauty and my glad
It worries me sometimes that I want love
And live a life of sad

My tremolo
Sweet baby, my fire
My desire, fire

"I Love You"
A man carried metal, carried gold
More than he could handle, more than he could hold
It weighed him down to a sand shallow grave
Where his bones were eaten by a heat wave
While here it rains all night and it blows a sweet breeze
I think I'll call you up
And say please, baby please

I love you, I love you, yeah, I love you, yeah, I love you

Ah the dream machine
Makes it hard to see
If I could stand outside myself and watch it come to me
I'd make the dream
Filter down to my fingers and rip at the fools head and follow your scent that lingers

'Cause I love you, yeah I love you, I love you, yeah I love you

'Til the crash and the booming of the white bomb
Come sure, come soon, come leave just one song
One song, one beat, one dust, one end, one for all
One stone for the marking for the dream when it falls

When I love you, and I love you, yeah I love you, oh yeah I love you
I love you

:up:

He's a great artist. Also a very pleasant and charming performer live.
I only have his albums Acadie and Shine though, but those are excellent! Still need to pick up For The Beauty Of Wynona (sp?). I'm not really interested in his instrumental album Belladonna.

But yeah, check him out. You can't go wrong with the 2 albums I have. Very atmospheric and intense.

:up:

I saw him live last year, what a performer! But I don't get the "sounds like U2" thing, he's definitely got his own more bluesy, rootsy sound.

And a really nice, genuine guy :up:

Thanks. This is kind of off topic but have anyone heard any new news about U2's recording sessions with Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno?

blueeyedgirl said:
And a really nice, genuine guy :up:

A good friend of mine saw him in NY awhile back. He went to Lanois' site and wrote an email to the 'contact me' or whatever email address that was on there, just saying that the show was great, you're a great performer, and i loved how when such-and-such instrument broke down, you tinkered with it to fix it and then got back into the song. In a couple of days, he got a response from Lanois saying something like 'thanks for the support and the compliments....yeah, i really like to get down in the trenches,' or some other Lanois-like comment. Really great guy. :yes:

Cute Irish Bono said:
Thanks. This is kind of off topic but have anyone heard any new news about U2's recording sessions with Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno?

U2.com has been posting articles about the sessions every couple of weeks. The articles are being posted and discussed in this thread here: http://forum.interference.com/t177307.html Great stuff!

Utoo said:

A good friend of mine saw him in NY awhile back. He went to Lanois' site and wrote an email to the 'contact me' or whatever email address that was on there, just saying that the show was great, you're a great performer, and i loved how when such-and-such instrument broke down, you tinkered with it to fix it and then got back into the song. In a couple of days, he got a response from Lanois saying something like 'thanks for the support and the compliments....yeah, i really like to get down in the trenches,' or some other Lanois-like comment. Really great guy. :yes:

Cool. :up: I just recently sent my first e-mail to him a couple days ago and told about how much I love his music. I hope I get a message from him soon.

Back
Top Bottom