Danger Mouse is producing Beck's next album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/49154-danger-mouse-producing-new-beck-album

Danger Mouse Producing New Beck Album

You'd think a resume that includes collaborations with Cee-Lo, the Rapture, MF Doom, the Black Keys, Sparklehorse, the Good, the Bad & the Queen, and the late Ike Turner would be enough for Danger Mouse. But nooooo! He has to go and blow all of those projects out of the water with his highest profile partner* yet: Beck.

That's right, according to a HARP report (via URB.com) confirmed by Danger Mouse's management, the two weirdos are working together on Beck's follow-up to 2006's The Information.

This is in addition to all that recent Gnarls Barkley video craziness, not to mention their new album. You know, Mr. Mouse, it's okay to take a break once in a while. You're making everyone this side of Madlib look bad.

*not counting Jay-Z and the Beatles

It's due out by the end of the year. :drool: This could only end up being awesome. :hyper:

I got pretty excited, when I first read this, and even after remembering how unrelentingly terrible The Information was, ten minutes later, I was and am still able to remain cautiously optimistic about it all. At the very least, I'm interested to see what comes of it. They seem like a good, natural fit, these two.

As long as it's better than Guero/The Information I'll be over the moon for this one. :up:

Back
Top Bottom