Dane Cook on HBO tonite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carek1230

Blue Crack Overdose Get me off the internetz!
Hey Dane Cook fans (and I know there are a lot of you out there!) Tourgasm has ended on HBO, but tonite airs a new Dane Cook Comedy Special Vicious Circle at 9pm!

Check it out!

NOW!

it seems like everybody loves this guy and i dont get it. am i the only one that doesnt think he is funny at all?

Chizip said:
it seems like everybody loves this guy and i dont get it. am i the only one that doesnt think he is funny at all?

You're not the only one. I think he's a little annoying, actually, and overrated. I don't understand why everyone thought his SNL episode was hilarious - it was completely unfunny and barely watchable. Then again, that's how SNL has been for years. *shrug*

SpaceOddity said:
You're not the only one. I think he's a little annoying, actually, and overrated. I don't understand why everyone thought his SNL episode was hilarious - it was completely unfunny and barely watchable. Then again, that's how SNL has been for years. *shrug*

:up:

That was one of the worst SNL episodes I've ever seen.

I enjoy Dane Cook, but I have to be in the mood.

I watched his HBO show last night in it's entirety and at times I was laughing uncontrollably and other times I felt that I waited way too long for a punch line.

He was better before he blew up in everyone's face. :| Now he's just making crap movies to broaden his teenage boy fanbase. No thanks. I'll keep Harmful if Swallowed and treasure it, but I'll be weary around new projects.

He's not funny.

Constant screaming doesn't make you funny.

I SO have my head in the sand. I just heard of this guy for the first time last Friday, when my friend played some of his stuff for me.

I don't know what album it was, but it had the one about being in line at Wal-Mart (which I thought was hilarious, observant, and had a great use of the English vocabulary) and the one about "who s*@t on the coats" at the party (which was vulgar, but funny).

Most of it was pretty good and I laughed a lot, but that is the extent of my Dane Cook knowledge. I didn't know he was huge and famous.

redkat said:
I don't know who he is :eek:

:shocked:

He's been around a while. You either love him or hate him. He's really into physical humor. He throws himself around the stage like he's hopped up on too many pixie sticks. You have heard of pixie sticks right?:wink:

I used to find him funny, but now he's way to into himself for his own good and just not funny.

He also throws like a girl...he shorthopped the ceremonial pitch at fenway at a game back in june.

Well I don't care what anyone says negative about him, I think he is funny. I don't think he screams and yells all the time. He is doing the typical celebrity thing trying to make as much money as he can in the industry, can't fault him for that. The Dane train will at some point derail and it will be some other hot star comedian to replace him.

Meh, and those Jackass guys are at it again with movie #2 so go figure.

Back
Top Bottom