Dancing with the Stars - Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think there was one a few pages back, could bring that one up again if you want :).

My sister and I quote that Liz Taylor bit all the time. That and Bruno's bit from one of the recent specials-"You were like an ice cream fax machine!"-whenever we've watched the "Dancing" show :D.

Angela

Yeah, the thread should be revived! My hubby and i quote Liz Taylor all the time too! My favorite is still the Ann Curry "Good morning good morning in the news this morning good morning!"

For a finale, the freestyles were weak, except for Helio & Julianne. Liked Mel & Max's first dance; their second was... odd. Kind of a letdown with all the "freestyle hype". Liked both of Helio & Julianne's dances :up: Marie's dances tonight :der:

Helio for the win. Or Mel. I like them both equally. As I do Max & Julianne :hmm:

I was quite disappointed by the freestyles, I expected mroe from both Helio and Mel, Marie doesnt count :wink:

I really like Mels cha-cha, helio made alot of mistakes on his jive, Maire doesnt count:wink:

for the win, eitehr Helio or mel, but I still like Mel for her technique and her intensity when she dances, Helio has done wonders for someone who has never danced, but he still looks like a cardboard cutout sometimes, and his smile looks like sometimes somebody through a wrench into his mouth and forgot to take it out :drool: sometimes it loks very contrived and a little disturbing.

I swear if marie is still standing after the start of the show tonight,:mad: I think Mel and Helio should hold a mirror up beside the mirrorball trophy and when she looks into it and see the reflection of 100000 osmond teeth she runs away...:drool: :drool: :drool:

I thought they were all pretty weak for a finale and that Helio and Julianne were the best, they are my pick for who should win. I haven't voted at all.

That doll "dance" was the lamest one ever, I think Marie proved that she doesn't belong in the finals.

And now an interesting part in all this ... :up:
There were news articles out about a month ago stating that Marie Osmond and Wayne Newton will be returning next season. :hmm:

So, I don't believe Marie will win tonight ... otherwise, what would be the point of her returning ?? :huh:

LOL, my family did the same thing. We were just like, "What...the...?" I do think she could've just let the judges give their critique and move on...it tends to bug me sometimes when people start talking over the judges and dismiss their criticism. Even if I happen to agree with the contestant and think the judges' critiques don't quite make sense, at the same time, just be quiet and listen to what they have to say. There very well could be some valid advice in there.

MsMofoGone said:
And now an interesting part in all this ... :up:
There were news articles out about a month ago stating that Marie Osmond and Wayne Newton will be returning next season. :hmm:

So, I don't believe Marie will win tonight ... otherwise, what would be the point of her returning ?? :huh:

Good question. Hmmm...that's odd. Can they allow people to come back and try again, I wonder? Is that a good idea? Even if she doesn't come back, I don't see her winning-I think she really killed her chances with that doll dance.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mel wins tonight. I still personally want Helio to win, but I can see Mel taking the trophy. That'd be fine, too, as she is good, there's no question about that.

Two hours, this finale...and Celine Dion'll be there, too. Bah.

Angela

Marie and Wayne will probably be back as like special correspondents or something. There's no way they would let either of them dance again. I'm sure they have no problem finding celebrities in need of a career boost to do the show.

I would imagine it will be Mel and Max...I think they will "fix" it so a woman wins this year....I would not even be surprised if Helio goes and Mel and Marie are in the final 2 :huh: :huh: ....but I am hoping it is Helio, because he TRULY was an amateur and learned all those dance moves without ANY dance or perfoming experience...GO HELIO!

Agreed ^.

ultravioletluvv said:
Marie and Wayne will probably be back as like special correspondents or something. There's no way they would let either of them dance again. I'm sure they have no problem finding celebrities in need of a career boost to do the show.

LOL, true. That makes sense, I could see that (I would hope they wouldn't let Wayne come back and dance again. It'd make sense if Marie came back as a dancer, but Wayne...yeah, uh, no).

(By the way, just saw your location-hello to a fellow Colorado resident :wave:!)

Angela

So far it's been pretty entertaining-I'm loving the little retrospective clips and comments from family/friends, some good stuff (Helio's sister is really pretty). Even though the eliminations were controversial and even though there were couples that were clearly better than others, ya know what? It's still been a good season simply because everyone involved seem like genuinely nice people overall, they look like they had fun with everything they did and they did their best. So all in all, it's been fun.

Now if we just didn't have to hear "My Heart Will Go On"... Celine looked lovely, though.

Angela

a quick question (I am not sure if this has been mentioned or not):

Now that Helio has won, will any of you tune into one of the Indy Car races next season?

I live in Indy, and there was a HUGE push to vote for Helio with yard signs and billboards. I did not have to watch the show to follow the drama. :D

zonelistener said:

Now that Helio has won, will any of you tune into one of the Indy Car races next season?

I live in Indy, and there was a HUGE push to vote for Helio with yard signs and billboards. I did not have to watch the show to follow the drama. :D

I have pit credentials for I.M.S. It'll be interesting to see if all this attention and publicity translates into fan interest at the track come May.
My guess is he heads to NASCAR, like everybody else, in a year or two.

zonelistener said:

spoken like a true plumber:| :drool:

me myself and I follow F1 circuit - Indy is for the birds :ohmy:

Didn't a woman win the first season? (Kelly Monaco)

and no zoney, I still won't be watching Indy or NASCAR for that matter :happy:

I believe a woman did win, yeah. Hopefully more will get the chance down the line-I'm sure they will.

ultravioletluvv said:
:wave: It's a bit chilly here today!

LOL, same here :p. Hopefully that'll translate into more snow-the ski resorts around here sure could use it.

Anywho, eh, given that I have absolutely no idea when racing season starts or what channel(s) it gets broadcast on or how to tell one type of racing thing from another and all that, and given that I'm just not one for sports...probably won't be watching the racing, no, much as I love Helio. But hey, I wish the guy the best of luck with any of his future racing endeavors.

Hehe, he was being so adorable last night...:D :hug:. There's a little blurb about him in the People magazine with Matt Damon on the cover-part of that whole "Sexiest Man" list thing, if anyone's interested :shifty:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom