Dancing with the Stars - Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I missed it and I didn't record it, but don't they show them all again tonight?

Michael Flatley is going to be on tonight, I can't wait to see if he's still the Lord Of The Dance.

Jennie finally gave it all and looked great but I don't think she has the fan base that Marie has (not to mention the PR job her family and especially brother Donnie are doing for Marie right now). It'll be an interesting and exciting finale, I Say Mel B might just take the trophy, but it would be fun to see Julianna win again!

Carek1230 said:
Jennie finally gave it all and looked great but I don't think she has the fan base that Marie has (not to mention the PR job her family and especially brother Donnie are doing for Marie right now). It'll be an interesting and exciting finale, I Say Mel B might just take the trophy, but it would be fun to see Julianna win again!

I fully agree, especially with the very last part of your post :D. Yeah, next week should be quite good. Can't wait.

Now to just slug through the endless suspense of the results show tonight...

Angela

Flatley was so fantastic! It was a great show, poor Jennie, it was hard to see her go especially after this last perfect score she got. Marie is in it because her family alone can keep her in votes. It'll be interesting to see who wins this thing!

clogging:drool:

why the heck Marie won over Jennie is just silly, sure she is entertaining, but this is a dancing show isnt it?

must pay having 100 in your immediate family :wink:

I thought Jennie was the nicest person, genuine and real, not that they aren't genuine and real - oh you know whay I mean :drool:

its been a good season that is for sure, fuill of surprises, I wasn even expecting on of the top 2 to have the least phone in votes.

Cant wait to see who wins!

Does anyone think that Marie could really win this? I wonder what the percentage of fan votes to judge's scores is? Is it 50/50?

I think Marie could win it all. Her fan base is very strong and loyal. I think there are a lot of older women at home rooting for her because of the age factor, the personal family problems, etc. For reasons of such, I think people are able to relate to her struggles and want her to win. I also think that she has a great personality that resonates through the television and I think that is convincing enough to win votes.

ya I get all that, and while I certainly get where you're coming from. I still dont think its right that she is standing long past others who are better dancers and it just goes to show it isnt really about dancing but rather popularity etc.

can you imagine if all the osmonds smiled and looked into that mirrorball - oh my gawwwwd, the horror

:wink:

Did anyone else catch Larry King last night? Mario (from prior season) hosted for Larry and they had the 3 judges, the 3 remaining couples, Apolo and Samantha Harris on. It was cute and funny and entertaining. I am excited about the final show but then it will be so sad when it's over again! :(

Carek1230 said:
I am excited about the final show but then it will be so sad when it's over again! :(

I know! Monday and Tuesday nights are gonna be kinda boring again after this :p. Didn't catch "Larry King", no-based on your post, I'm sorry I missed it.

As for the finale-eh, Marie's definitely popular, no question, and she's had many a great night, but honestly, based on actual talent and whatnot, the final should come down to Mel and Maksim vs. Julianne and Helio, imho. I was sorry to see Jennie go this week, though, she was fun to watch and she had a good run. Ah, well.

Angela

I'm just wondering WHO will be eliminated next ?? :hmm:

Although, it's rather hard to say, here's a prediction, as that's all we can do, is predict ...

Maksim definitely has the skills under her feet for DANCE. :up:

Helio definitely makes his performances FUN to watch !! :D

And ... Marie definitely (without a doubt) has the support of her fan base. :bow:

So ... with these findings ... Which one REALLY will be eliminated ??

If the votes are fairly judged ... than it will be the one WHO deserves to go. :yes:
(meaning the one who doesn't give a great overall dance performance)

That said, it should be Marie ... but something tells me it might NOT happen that way.

Call it a gut-feeling ... but, I don't think she'll go just yet. I guess tomorrow night will tell for sure.

Til then ... :waiting:

I'm hanging right in there with ya, MSMofo! I think it's Marie's fanbase that's keeping her in there. She's OK and a true performer, but she is not as good as Helio or Mel B. I also have a feeling tonite could be a real shocker. So, we will all just have to agonizingly watch the clock until the show tonite! Ugh! It's going to be a loooong afternoon!!!

people.com

As the clock ticks down to the last dance-off on the Dancing with the Stars finale, Maksim Chmerkovskiy is stepping on the toes of competitor Marie Osmond, saying she may not be on par with the other remaining competitors in tonight’s high-stepping finale.

“Frankly, I think there were a lot of other people better than Marie,” Chmerkovskiy tells Extra, suggesting that the 48-year-old singer was carried into the finale due to public sympathy over the loss of her father and her 16-year-old son’s recent entry into rehab.

“I know firsthand there are a lot of celebrities on the show that went through similar situations [family issues] this season and decided not to make it public,” Chmerkovskiy said.

Meanwhile, Osmond tells Extra her son Michael, who entered a rehabilitation facility in early November for an undisclosed treatment, will be in the audience for the finale, along with his six siblings. “All my children will be there,” she confirmed.

With the competition in a possible three-way dead heat between Helio Castroneves and partner Julianne Hough and Osmond and her partner Jonathan Roberts, Chmerkovskiy says his partner Mel B’s sex appeal will also play a role in tonight’s two-part finale. “She’s going to be showing a lot of skin,” he revealed. “The most skin the show has ever seen.”

Doozer61 said:
Mel and Helio :up:

:yes:. Again, it should come down to these two. I definitely like Marie, and have enjoyed watching her over the season, as she's had many a good night. But I agree, she's probably the weakest of the remaining three (and while I wouldn't say sympathy was a MAJOR factor in the votes for her, I think it certainly had a part. But I mainly think she's stayed just 'cause of her strong fanbase).

Whatever happens, I know I'm looking very forward to tonight's show.

Angela

Last edited:
I was a bit disappointed with the dances tonight....have to say Helio was the best IMO...the free-style dances were all a bit odd I thought...not a whole lot of dancing in any of them....I have no clue who will pull off the win:|

There's really no telling how big Marie's fan base really is. She's never been in the bottom 2, so she could have been #1 in votes the entire season for all we know. I wouldn't be surprised if she pulled off the win, but i think the judges are doing everything they can to make sure that doesn't happen.

I think Mel B is good and the judges definitely want her to win, but i 'm not sure she has the fan base. I think alot of the people voting for Helio are voting because they like Julianne.

Helio and Julianne for the win.

Whatever happens, i'll just be glad that i won't have to see Donny and Marie on every FREAKIN' channel every night anymore. Seriously, they should just rename Entertainment Tonight, "The Donnie and Marie show!"

ultravioletluvv said:
Whatever happens, i'll just be glad that i won't have to see Donny and Marie on every FREAKIN' channel every night anymore. Seriously, they should just rename Entertainment Tonight, "The Donnie and Marie show!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

that is SO true!!! I haven't thought of Donny or Marie in 25-30 years..now they are being shoved down my throat in every media form available to mankind:huh:

...why do I see Marie's second dance showing up on "The Soup" later this week :p. That was...weird. I get the point behind it, but it was...weird.

I definitely agree, Helio and Julianne were the best of the night (I thought their first one was adorable! Granted, I didn't really notice the footwork much, but I dunno, I liked it anyway :shrug:. And their freestyle-those lifts, wow). I want them to win :yes:. Mel and Maksim were good-I liked their first dance in particular. But I'm pulling for Helio and Julianne.

Angela

Daddysgonnapay said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

that is SO true!!! I haven't thought of Donny or Marie in 25-30 years..now they are being shoved down my throat in every media form available to mankind:huh:

They had a segment on The Soup this week about this. It is SO true!

The Soup :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom