Dancing With The Stars, Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
people.com

Heather Mills, Billy Ray Cyrus and former 'N Sync star Joey Fatone are among the celebrities who will compete on the fourth season of Dancing with the Stars, season-three contestant Jerry Springer announced on Wednesday's Good Morning America.

And PEOPLE got the behind-the-scenes scoop from executive producer Conrad Greene on the contestants vying for Dancing glory when the show kicks off with a two-hour season premiere on March 19:

• Heather Mills: "We thought it would be interesting to have someone with a disability on because we wanted to prove that dancing is something anyone can do," Greene tells PEOPLE about Paul McCartney's estranged wife, 39, who was one of the most buzzed-about rumored cast members. "She really wants to prove to people that a disability doesn't hamper you in any way."

• Billy Ray Cyrus: The 45-year-old country singer, who stars with his daughter Miley Cyrus on the Disney Channel's hit show Hanna Montana, was "terrified" about joining Dancing. "He said, 'You don't understand. I can hardly do the achy-breaky dance, let alone a whole routine.' (But) I think he's going to really apply himself," says Greene.

• Leeza Gibbons: "I think for her turning 50, she wants to be opening new chapters – not closing them," Greene says of the 49-year-old former Entertainment Tonight and Extra anchorwoman, who now hosts her own syndicated radio show. "I think there will be a lot of women around the country who will really associate with her and what she's doing."

• Joey Fatone: The former 'N Sync member is no stranger to fancy footwork from his boy-band days. But ballroom dancing is something new for Fatone, 30. "He says he hasn't got a clue how good he's going to be," says Greene. "He's never done anything like this."

• Laila Ali: A personal trainer and daughter of boxing legend Muhammad Ali, Laila, 29, has also entered the ring herself. "The challenge for her will be being light enough on your feet," says Greene. "She's had to bulk up, get muscular in order to box. So it's going to be getting the grace."

• Vincent Pastore: No stranger to reality shows, the former Sopranos star appeared on VH1's Celebrity Fit Club last season. "He just turned 60 and he had a heart condition last year," says Greene. "If Vincent can do it, anybody can do it. This is a show about real people taking it on. He embodies it more than anyone on the show."

• Apolo Anton Ohno: At 24, the Olympic speed-skating champion is the youngest competitor to strap on his Dancing shoes. "It's great to get someone in the middle of their career," says Greene. "(And) it doesn't hurt that he's a great-looking guy."

• Paulina Porizkova: Already a fan of the show, the 41-year-old Czech-born supermodel (named one of PEOPLE's 50 Most Beautiful in 1990 and 1992) "just wanted to get out there and dance," says Greene.

• Clyde Drexler: The basketball Hall of Famer follows in the footsteps of fellow Dancing athletes Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice. "He's a legend," says Greene of Drexler, 44. "Along with people like Emmitt and Jerry, he's one of those people who's the very best at their sport."

• Ian Ziering: "I got the sense with Ian he's really going to throw himself into it," says Greene about Ziering, 42, who's best known for playing Steve Sanders on the hit show Beverly Hills 90210.

• Shandi Finnessey: The 28-year-old beauty queen, who was crowned Miss USA in 2004, brings "poise" and a "vivacious personality" to Dancing, says Greene.

Eh... the stars seem kinda boring to me this season :slant: But I will watch anyway for the dancing.
I dont even know who half of them are :lol:

What is Heather Mills' disability?

Thanks for posting MrsSpringsteen! I forgot they were announcing today! Seems like an OK group of folks..... I might be pulling for Ian, just because I was a huge 90210 fan :lol:
Really looking forward to the season.

Sicy, I don't know what Heather Mill's disability is either. :shrug:

I didn't want to answer as I initially thought you two were being sarcastic:wink:

But yeah cruzila is right, she has an artificial leg.

Heather Mills, wow.

Dancing With Paul McCartney's Money
or
Dancing With a Stump.

She's horrible.:|

Maybe it's brave to take on a dancing competition with one good leg, but I still predict that Heather Mills will be voted off right away. I think there was a lot of hatred towards her when she married Paul McCartney and it's only intensified now that they're in the middle of this nasty divorce.

It was Jonathon Ross the British tv presenter who made the joke at the Q awards! :ohmy:

Thanks for starting this thread, Mrs. S.

Sicy, I agree....not a very exciting cast this season to draw me in to watch but I'm a faithful follower and will watch.

:down: Heather Mills. I vote her off before the season even begins, stumpy leg and all.

I'm going to be watching Apolo Anton Ohno. He's kinda cute, athletic and just might could pull this off!

LemonMacPhisto said:
Heather Mills, wow.

Dancing With Paul McCartney's Money
or
Dancing With a Stump.

She's horrible.:|

hey there

simma down

let's wish her luck

or as they say in show biz

break a leg :up:

I was talking to a co worker today about Dancing with the Stars and how we are feeling it is going to be a real bomb of a "season" This go-round. I have a feeling I may watch one or 2 episodes and lose interest. :sad:

He already dropped out. Wasn't he on that Celebrity Fit Club too?

Vincent Pastore will not appear on ABC's Dancing With the Stars when the hit show begins its fourth season on March 19, the network announced Wednesday. After one week of training, the 60-year-old actor said the strenuous nature of the competition was just too much.

"When I initially committed to joining Dancing with the Stars I didn't realize just how physically demanding it would be for me," Pastore said in a statement. "Unable to put forth my best effort, I felt it appropriate to step aside and give someone else the opportunity."

He added, "I wish my partner, Edyta [Sliwinska] and the other dancers the best of luck."

Producers of the show harbor no ill will against the actor, who is best known for his work on The Sopranos. "Dancing With the Stars is physically demanding and it pays to know your limits," the show's executive producer, Conrad Green, said in a statement. "We respect his decision."

There was a picture on the internet of Heather Mills going into a dance studio and sticking out of her bag was a foot prosthetic. I'm going to have to backtrack to find the picture, it had a hysterical caption too.

MrsSpringsteen said:
He already dropped out. Wasn't he on that Celebrity Fit Club too?

Vincent Pastore will not appear on ABC's Dancing With the Stars when the hit show begins its fourth season on March 19, the network announced Wednesday. After one week of training, the 60-year-old actor said the strenuous nature of the competition was just too much.

"When I initially committed to joining Dancing with the Stars I didn't realize just how physically demanding it would be for me," Pastore said in a statement. "Unable to put forth my best effort, I felt it appropriate to step aside and give someone else the opportunity."

He added, "I wish my partner, Edyta [Sliwinska] and the other dancers the best of luck."

Producers of the show harbor no ill will against the actor, who is best known for his work on The Sopranos. "Dancing With the Stars is physically demanding and it pays to know your limits," the show's executive producer, Conrad Green, said in a statement. "We respect his decision."

I really wanted to see Big Pussy dance :sad:

Whatever people think of Heather Mills making fun of her disability is really inappropriate. I'll ask that this thread be closed if people keep doing that.

The Clyde the Glide and Steve Sanders bids crack me up.

Yes, even more than Golddigger Mills.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom