Dancing with the Stars 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doozer61

Blue Crack Addict
According to Entertainment Weekly -

ABC announced the celebrity lineup for next month's sixth cycle of Dancing With the Stars. The contestants will include: actress-model Shannon Elizabeth (American Pie, Love Actually); Steve Guttenberg; Priscilla Presley; radio jock-comedian Adam Carolloa; actress Marlee Matlin (Children of a Lesser God); tennis champ Monica Seles; illusionist Penn Jillette; R&B singer Mario; this year's NFL defensive player of the year, the Miami Dolphins' Jason Taylor; Tony Award-winner Marissa Jaret Winokur (Hairspray); Olympic gold medalist figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi; and Chilean actor Cristian de la Fuente (CSI: Miami). Dancing returns on March 17 at 9 p.m. for the first of a two-night premiere. Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris will host and Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli, and Carrie Ann Inaba will judge.

:hyper:

They seem kinda boring :slant:

Didn't that girl have to dance in Hairspray? I assume Kristi Yamaguchi will be a good dancer since she is such an elegant skater. I think it might be either Adam Carolla or Penn Jillette off first. Who is Mario? Never heard of him.

:up: thanks for starting the thread Doozer, I was too lazy to do it last night while the announcements were being made during Dance Wars last night. Season doesn't look too exciting star-wise, does it? I mean Priscilla Presley?!!!! Adam Carolla? Penn Jilette? Meh. The only one I am interesting in seeing is Kristi Yamaguchi. She danced and skated so she's got the dance and choreography background, as well as the drive and athleticism.

Now we wait to see which professional dancers the stars are matched with :hyper:

Here are the pairings:

actress-model Shannon Elizabeth (American Pie, Love Actually), who has been paired with partner Derek Hough;
Steve Guttenberg, dancing with Anna Trebunskaya;
Priscilla Presley, with Louis van Amstel;
radio jock-comedian Adam Carolla, with Julianne Hough;
actress Marlee Matlin (Children of a Lesser God), with newcomer Fabian Sanchez;
tennis champ Monica Seles, with Jonathan Roberts;
illusionist Penn Jillette, with Kym Johnson;
R&B singer Mario, with Karina Smirnoff;
this year's NFL defensive player of the year, the Miami Dolphins' Jason Taylor, with Edyta Sliwinska;
Tony Award-winner Marissa Jaret Winokur (Hairspray), with Tony Dovolani;
Olympic gold medalist figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi, with Mark Ballas;
Chilean actor Cristián de la Fuente (CSI: Miami), with Cheryl Burke.

Dancing returns on March 17 at 8 p.m. for the first of a two-night premiere.

:dance:

Daddysgonnapay said:
:ohmy:
Priscilla Presley?
:ohmy:

Seriously, i hope she hasn't had any more plastic surgery done for the show. :|

I think Kristi Yamaguchi will do well. And Steve Guttenberg is still alive? Talk about blast from the past. Loved the first Police Academy! :wink:

Doozer61 said:
Here are the pairings:

actress-model Shannon Elizabeth (American Pie, Love Actually), who has been paired with partner Derek Hough;
Steve Guttenberg, dancing with Anna Trebunskaya;
Priscilla Presley, with Louis van Amstel;
radio jock-comedian Adam Carolla, with Julianne Hough;
actress Marlee Matlin (Children of a Lesser God), with newcomer Fabian Sanchez;
tennis champ Monica Seles, with Jonathan Roberts;
illusionist Penn Jillette, with Kym Johnson;
R&B singer Mario, with Karina Smirnoff;
this year's NFL defensive player of the year, the Miami Dolphins' Jason Taylor, with Edyta Sliwinska;
Tony Award-winner Marissa Jaret Winokur (Hairspray), with Tony Dovolani;
Olympic gold medalist figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi, with Mark Ballas;
Chilean actor Cristián de la Fuente (CSI: Miami), with Cheryl Burke.

Dancing returns on March 17 at 8 p.m. for the first of a two-night premiere.

:dance:

This is awesome, where di you find this? I hope Kristi does well and I wonder how well Adam and Julianne will do? If they have that chemistry between them, if they truly have fun and if ole Adam's fit enough it could be fun to watch the pairing.

Last edited:
ultravioletluvv said:

Seriously, i hope she hasn't had any more plastic surgery done for the show. :|

I saw Priscilla on ET last night...her plastic surgery has definately not done her any justice...her mouth looks like Jack Nicholson's Joker:huh: she was so pretty when she was on Dallas:wink:

I've never had any desire to watch this, but I'm on call tonight with someone who loves it, so it's on. :sigh: :wink:

Anyway, they didn't show who it was who was singing that opening song ("Let Me Entertain You" was the chorus). Was it Adam Pascal (Roger from 'Rent')? There were parts that sounded like him....

I think Corolla will be out early.
Penn is entertaining at least.
Mario can move.
Jason was good.
Steve - I don't care for.
Cristian - Cha cha cha :hmm:

From TMA this afternoon:

The headline isn't huge, but it's kinda interesting. Shannon Elizabeth could turn into Shannon Elizabitch. The makeup department is on rouge alert. They think she's got incredible diva potential and she's already shunned the makeup artist assigned to her.

On the other side of the rhinestone onesie, Marlee Matlin is the crew fav. She even brings her own hair stuff so the makeup people are loving her.

Penn Jillette is all business. He was sitting on stairs on the CBS lot, near the "Idol" stage, holding one phone to his ear, texting with another and there was a third phone next to him that may or may not be his.

And then there's Bruno, more like Brutus -- shirtless, tanning and smoking outside. Our spy says he's "got quite a physique." Hairless -- unclear if he shaves.

I like Shannon Elizabeth and I was amazed at Marlee's performance. So many people cant dance and they can hear the music. I have a feeling she will go far.

Rubber face really needs to lay off the cheek implants. I cant even concentrate on her dancing because her face reminds me of that catlady chick that's had like a bazillion plastic surgeries.

The little hyper girl needs a valium or something :crack:

I agree with your comments on Matlin, Rubber face (though Lisa looked fine in the audience) and hyper girl. Kristy was pretty good!

Cheryl Burke's rep is denying that her client was involved in an affair with her then "Dancing With the Stars" co-star Drew Lachey. In a statement to TMZ, she claims, "The story that Cheryl is involved with Drew Lachey started 2 years ago when they were partners on Dancing with the Stars, it wasn't true then and it isn't true now."

Rumors of an alleged affair began when married dad Drew Lachey was partnered with Burke during the second season of "DWTS." Star is reporting some salacious details about how the alleged affair was found out by Cheryl's then-boyfriend Matthew Lawrence, kid brother of Joey Lawrence. The two were pretty much caught red-handed - or rather red-mouthed. Whoa!

According to Star, "sources say Matthew found his girlfriend cheating when he went to retrieve something from her dressing room." Lawrence ran out screaming after catching the two engaged in oral sex. Holy fox trot!

Once they were found out, says the mag, Drew threatened the Lawrence brothers to keep them from going public with the affair.

And we thought all the drama went down on the dance floor.

UPDATE: Star mag tells us "We have spent eight weeks investigating the Drew & Cheryl story, and we would never have run it if there was any doubt about its veracity. We had planned to run it last month, but after strong denials from Drew's and Cheryl's reps we went back and revisited all our sources and in the process found new ones who confirmed the story. We are satisfied that Drew and Cherly did indeed have an affair."

http://www.starmagazine.com/dancing_stars_drew_lachey_cheating/news/14004

Kristy was amazing, she is my favorite altho Marlee was really very good. I am so much more awe-inspired by her dancing with her disability compared to the pathetic wooden legged heather Mills. :rolleyes: I have to say I was surprised by Priscilla's performance despite her face :lol: Nice to see LM in the audience supporting her mother :up: Agree the hyper girl needs some good tranquilizers and to have her mouth duct taped :lol:

Aside from the recent Cheryl Burke - Drew Lachey rumors (she strikes me as such a bitch type) I think it will be a fun season.

Maybe this is why hyper girl is so hyper:

Dancing contestant Marissa Jaret Winokur expectingMarch 19, 2008 at 12:19 pm · Filed under And more, Actor/Actress

Former Hairspray star and current Dancing with the Stars contestant Marissa Jaret Winokur is expecting her first child, reports People.com.

Winokur, 35, survived cervical cancer seven years and reports that a surrogate mother is 5 months along with her baby. “[The year] 2008 is beginning to be the best year of my life,” she says.

This will be the first child for Winokur and her husband, King of the Hill writer Judah Miller.

“I don’t care if I win or lose Dancing with the Stars because I know when the show is over I will have the best prize – a baby. After cancer I never thought I’d have a baby. This is truly the best time of my life,” she says.

Congratulations to the couple!

I just found this on TMZ about Priscilla's face:

Priscilla Presley Victim of Phony Cosmetic Doc
Posted Mar 24th 2008 2:15PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned Priscilla Presley is the victim of a botched cosmetic procedure. What's worse -- it was at the hands of a gigolo who was sent to prison for perpetrating an injectable scam on Hollywood's elite.

Priscilla, whose face looks ... strange on "Dancing with the Stars," went to Dr. Daniel Serrano around 2003. Serrano was a good-looking doc from Argentina who hooked into Hollywood's social A-list and started giving them what he claimed were miracle injections that worked better than Botox.

In fact, Serrano was injecting industrial, low-grade silicone similar to what's used to lubricate auto parts in Argentina into the faces of these women. Several women, including Shawn King, Larry's wife, and Diane Richie, Lionel's wife at the time, held injection parties in their homes, with Serrano needling them with the non-FDA approved drug that he had smuggled in to the U.S. Shawn King has said the injections created a lump in her lip that made it difficult to speak and drink liquids. Serrano charged between $300 and $500 a pop.

But wait, it gets worse. Serrano wasn't even a licensed doc in the U.S. The injections caused lumps, paralysis and holes in the faces of some of the women (and some men) he injected.

Serrano, who was nicknamed Dr. Jiffy Lube, was indicted by the Feds for smuggling drugs, and the conspiracy and use of unapproved drugs. He was convicted, and last week he was released and is currently being investigated by federal immigration officials and could be deported.

BTW, Diane Richie was also indicted as an accomplice. She pled out and was placed on probation.

As for Priscilla -- who had no idea she was being injected with silicone -- we're told she's undergoing corrective work.

I am truly amazed at Marlee Matlin. Actually, I am in awe. Last night while we watched her dance, I put the TV on mute because I wanted to know what it was like for her. Amazing! :up:

I just hope she has the fan base to continue in this competition. I was also happy to see her L Word lover, Jennifer Beals, in the audience cheering her on. :drool:

Carek1230 said:
I just found this on TMZ about Priscilla's face:

Priscilla Presley Victim of Phony Cosmetic Doc
Posted Mar 24th 2008 2:15PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned Priscilla Presley is the victim of a botched cosmetic procedure. What's worse -- it was at the hands of a gigolo who was sent to prison for perpetrating an injectable scam on Hollywood's elite.

Priscilla, whose face looks ... strange on "Dancing with the Stars," went to Dr. Daniel Serrano around 2003. Serrano was a good-looking doc from Argentina who hooked into Hollywood's social A-list and started giving them what he claimed were miracle injections that worked better than Botox.

In fact, Serrano was injecting industrial, low-grade silicone similar to what's used to lubricate auto parts in Argentina into the faces of these women. Several women, including Shawn King, Larry's wife, and Diane Richie, Lionel's wife at the time, held injection parties in their homes, with Serrano needling them with the non-FDA approved drug that he had smuggled in to the U.S. Shawn King has said the injections created a lump in her lip that made it difficult to speak and drink liquids. Serrano charged between $300 and $500 a pop.

But wait, it gets worse. Serrano wasn't even a licensed doc in the U.S. The injections caused lumps, paralysis and holes in the faces of some of the women (and some men) he injected.

Serrano, who was nicknamed Dr. Jiffy Lube, was indicted by the Feds for smuggling drugs, and the conspiracy and use of unapproved drugs. He was convicted, and last week he was released and is currently being investigated by federal immigration officials and could be deported.

BTW, Diane Richie was also indicted as an accomplice. She pled out and was placed on probation.

As for Priscilla -- who had no idea she was being injected with silicone -- we're told she's undergoing corrective work.

:barf:

I don't get why these women and men even want that shit injected in the first place. Ok, I do, but ugh, that skeeves me out just thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom