Dancing with the Stars 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DANCING WITH THE STARS - Drama on the dance floor

Week Seven has been brutal.

Each couple had to perform two numbers - a ballroom dance and a Latin dance. Scores were low for just about everyone. The judges were yelling at each other. Len was in a mood, and the crowd revolted against him. Thankfully nobody in the audience thought to bring rotten tomatoes to the show or things would have gotten ugly. Kristi and Mark were knocked out of first place after receiving their lowest score yet - I knew that prop umbrella was a bad idea! And to top it all off, disaster struck Cristian and Cheryl's samba in the most dramatic mishap yet.

Here's what happened: After a graceful Viennese waltz that netted them 25 points, Cristian de la Fuente and Cheryl Burke danced a Samba for their second dance of the night. Things started off great, lots of hip motion, very high energy... and then Cristian pulled a muscle in his arm. At first it looked like he just messed up and missed a connection with Cheryl, but it quickly became obvious that something was wrong. They ended up on the floor at the end of the routine.

They cut to a commercial and put some ice on his arm and then took him to the hospital to get checked out. The judges said they'd only judge their routine up until the point of the injury, but Cristian and Cheryl still ended up with a low 21 score. I can't really blame the judges - it's not like they can give them nines and still remain fair to the other contestants.

Jason Taylor pulled past The Guchi for the first time this week with a fantastic quick step and an unusual paso doble set to the Monday Night Football theme music. It sounds corny, but they actually pulled it off. Kristi Yamaguchi and Mark Ballas were shoved down to second place - unjustly I thought. Their cha-cha-cha was incredible, but Len docked them points because he didn't like the hip hop moves they did. Oh, Len. Don't ever change.

Here are this week's standings:

1. Jason Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska - 55 points
2. Kristi Yamaguchi and Mark Ballas - 54 points
3. Marissa Jaret Winokur and Tony Dovoloni - 52 points
4. Mario and Karina Smirnoff - 51 points
5. Shannon Elizabeth and Derek Hough - 51 points
6. Cristian de la Fuente and Cheryl Burke - 46 points

Tomorrow at 9PM we'll see who gets kicked off the show during the Results Show. And dude - Def Leppard is playing! Come on over and keep me company at the Dancing with the Stars Live Blog, where I blog in real time with no bathroom breaks or anything! The blogging begins at 9 PM Eastern Time.

-Dave Campbell

Last edited:
Ok, that was an awful lip synching job by Def Leppard! They could have at least used a different version of the song. What was the point?

ultravioletluvv said:
Ok, that was an awful lip synching job by Def Leppard! They could have at least used a different version of the song. What was the point?

We noticed that immediately as well. Maddy said it sounded too close to the album version from 20+ years ago. :der:
I wonder if the second song was lip-synched as well.

And yes Sicy, someone went home.

First they spoke to Cristian and Cheryl to find out his prognosis. He has a tear in his tendon I believe, and it requires surgery to repair. However, he chose to stay in the competition & delay surgery if he had enough votes to stay in.

So.... going home: Shannon & Derek :wave:

Thanks Lila.

See, now that they slept together, it totally ruined their dancing.

A couple of observations from tonite's show.

I'm still laffing from the skit with Jerry Rice--thought the glitte reye shadow was hilarious! :lol:

I'm glad it wasn't just me noticing the horrid Def Leppard performance. WHY does this show have those old rock bands semi-perform?!!! I'd rather see the cute kid ballroom dancers for entertainment!

Haha Shannon Elizabeth got voted off. Wonder how much longer her relationship with Derek will continue? :lol:

I Feel bad for Christian, I knew it had to have been an injury more than a muscle. Poor guy. I give him a LOT of credit for deciding to stick it out, although how is this going to really affect their choreography now? HOW on earth can they work around this? It'll be interesting.....

Yes I do get the impression she's a diva and bitchy too. She refused to wear at least one dress and they had to start from scratch, and I read that she constantly complained about hair and makeup too. I didn't think she was a good dancer either :shrug:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid285859616/bclid294430730/bctid1532920941

tmz.com

Shannon Elizabeth doesn't think it was her fans or the judges that got her booted off -- but instead blamed her ousting on a "bigger force." And we know what it might be.

We're told the support staff at "DWTS" (think makeup and wardrobe) couldn't stand her diva ways. We're told everyone got worried when Cristian de la Fuente got injured because they figured that meant one more week of Shannon's bitchy attitude.

They were upset to see Derek finally go, but anything to get rid of Shannon.

I read very early on about Shannon's diva ways. I think it was the 2nd week she 3was complaining about hair and makeup and insisted on bringing her own posse. She's got a huge ego and chip on her shoulder and thinks she's all that but she's not. She wasn't a very good dancer either, with her figure and height she has such potential but she didn't have the graceful flow of a good dancer. That's what it is....The truth hurts, don't it, Ms Elizabeth? She was probly the one who got into Derek's pants first too. Ugh I am so glad those two are off the show, I wasn't enjoying them at all.

Glad I Tivo'd both shows tonight. I don't think Mario & Karina's tango should have been the #1 dance of the 5 seasons (based on dances with a score of 30). There were a few others they could have shown to be up there. Nice to see Mel & Max's in the top 3. Very Nice to see Maxim & Mel back tonight, along with Julianne & Apollo. I miss Maxim on the show... :(

so long Mario :wave:

I agree with you Lila. I sat through the 2 hours watching. Didn't have much else to do really. I was kinda pissed they chose Mario and Karina's tange as #1. And I was surprised at how high Cheryl & Christian have scored and are saved for another week. Hmm.... :hmm: Makes me wonder about the show and how much power the viewer's votes really have.

It was great fun seeing both Julianne and Apolo and Max & Mel back tonite. I could watch them dance over and over. Those couples really brought so much fun, entertainment and competition to the dance floor.

Next week it'll get interesting. Sad to see Mario go this week. He was so eloquent in his last speech tho. Nice young man. Len was much too harsh with his criticism of him.

I think it's Marissa's time to go. One of her dances last night was very :yawn:

Rootin' for Cristian to make it to the final. Don't really care who wins (Jason, Cristian or Kristy)

The kids were very cute, did you guys vote for any of them? I voted for the older couple, the Under13. I loved their routine although the smaller ones really did have more of the "cute" factor.

I'm glad to see that hugely smiley overly hyper Marissa gone.

Back
Top Bottom