Dancing with the Stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What the hell is everyone's problem with Stacey? She's had previous dance training; So WHAT? She's CLEARLY, FAR AND AWAY, THE BEST OF THE THREE FINALISTS. You can't tell who's the professional and who's the 'celebrity' when she's dancing.

And it doesn't hurt that she's :combust:

She should win. Drew should come in second. Jerry should come in a distant third.

Stacey should win. She is the best dancer on the show this year. She was in the first episode and she is now.

I just found out that Stacy had previous dance experience, don't know why I didn't hear that before now. Coulda fooled me. She looks like a ballerina with the long legs and arms but I think she is too thin and in my opinion she lacks in her performing, not in style. She seems stiff and doesn't show she is truly enjoying the music and her dancing like others.

I've been rooting for Drew and Cheryl all along. I think they will win, and deservedly so. I give Jerry Rice soooooo much credit and respect for having done this and shown so much improvement. I enjoy watching him and his partner a lot.

Carek1230 said:
She looks like a ballerina with the long legs and arms but I think she is too thin and in my opinion she lacks in her performing, not in style. She seems stiff and doesn't show she is truly enjoying the music and her dancing like others.

Are we watching the same person?

She seems COMPLETELY relaxed to me, completely the opposite of stiff. And I think she is enjoying the music and the dancing very much - she has said as much. I really, really don't get what you're seeing.

And her body is incredible. As a guy, I am like this :drool: when how well-defined she is. I don't think she's too skinny at all. She is :combust:

I just don't think it's fair to have someone w/ that much dance training on that show. It should be as level a playing field as possible. Yes Stacy is beautiful and has a great body, but that's not the competition. And I thought her Saturday Night Fever (I think that was the music, can't remember) dance sucked :wink:

I think Stacy is a very good dancer but I prefer Drew and his partner.

Oh I am sick of Stacy-yup she's pretty-yup she'd blond-yup she can dance-however!! I am so sick of hearing about her legs!! Call it jealousy whatever!! I just think Drew is more fun to watch.

Also in iterviews Stacy does not seem like the most appreciative person. I believe one of her comments was "if you don't vote for me I am going to kick your ass" joke or not it was lame.

I am hoping it goes Drew and Cheryl 1st followed by Jerry and his partner then Stacy and her partner. I am sick of Stacy. She does nothing for me and I don't enjoy watching she and her partner dance.

Anyone with two functioning eyes and even an elementary knowledge of dancing can see that Jerry is and was far, FAR below the level that Stacy and Drew were dancing at.

Even though I wanted Stacy to win, I don't really mind Drew winning that much, but I mind Stacy being eliminated before Jerry BIG TIME. It's bullshit. It's an insult to dancing. The public shouldn't have a say in who wins these things.

Stacy was far and away the best dancer in the competition, Drew was very good, and Jerry was just bad. I respect the effort he put into it, but sometimes either you got it or you don't, and he doesn't.

I really don't see how one couldn't enjoy Stacy's dancing. She was damn near perfect in most of her dances, and she did with grace and style. She got robbed. I wouldn't have minded her getting 2nd place THAT much, but 3rd place for her is ridiculous, especially when Jerry Rice is ahead of her.

Just say no to public participation in Season 3(If there is one).

Congrats to Drew and Cheryl.

It's not just a dance contest, if it was ABC would eliminate the public voting. John O'Hurley was better last time than Kelly Monaco, but Kelly won because of the General Hospital fans and because of horny guy voters :wink:

So likability, etc are factors. Lisa Rinna was a good dancer (I thought) but she was voted off before Jerry Rice. Also Jerry had the "underdog" dancer factor in his favor, and I thought he was definitely most improved. I think people want to root for someone who doesn't have the training/talent but busts his butt and is such a gentleman and good sport while doing it.

It's only a silly TV show :shrug:

It is only a silly show. And now it's over. :(

But I agree, I know Jerry was only there because his fans voted like hell to keep him. He was most improved. Stacy irritated me and it was not fair for someone to have that much prior dance training to come in there like an amatuer. If Stacy was not there, Lisa might have made it to the final.

And the same thing can be said of Master P and Giselle. He should have been the second one voted off, yet they went with Tatum and then Giselle. :no:

Anyway, it is only a silly show. And now it's over. :(

I know they will have other shows. To me they won't be the same as this one. I wanted Drew to win from the beginning and I guess depending on the celebrity, I don't know I just really enjoyed this season. Great show!

A day after appearing on the "Dancing With the Stars" finale, Master P headed to court Monday where a judge ordered the hip-hop mogul and his younger brother to stand trial on weapons charges.

Master P, 38, whose real name is Percy Miller, and his brother Vyshonn Miller, 30, also a rapper who uses the stage name Silkk The Shocker, were arrested last month for carrying unregistered guns.

University of California at Los Angeles police spotted the weapons during a traffic stop. Prosecutors said the officers found a semiautomatic handgun under the seat of Master P, who was the passenger, and a revolver under the seat of his brother, who was driving.

Each was charged with one felony count of carrying an unregistered, loaded firearm. They face up to three years in state prison if convicted, prosecutors said.

Both are free on bail and are scheduled to return to court March 13 for arraignment.

Master P, founder and CEO of No Limit Records, paired with professional dancer Ashly DelGrosso for "Dancing With the Stars" after his teen rapper son, Lil' Romeo, dropped out of the ABC reality competition because of a basketball injury. He was rejected after the fourth show, but returned for a last dance Sunday.

In recent years, Master P has tried out for different NBA teams, including the Sacramento Kings and the Denver Nuggets. He also starred with his son on the Nickelodeon TV show "Romeo!"

I heard that on the news last night about Master P. Heh.....Drew was on Jay Leno last night also. He was very funny, it was a great interview. Boy that Dancing with the Stars trophy is crappy though!

Yup, can you believe it? I am sure it is great PR for them, but they really put a lot of blood sweat and tears into the whole thing. They've GOT to get some kind of kick back or something! Maybe a nice gift basket? :wink: Or they get to keep their costumes?:ohmy:

Someone told me that Drew said on The View that they also get paid, each time they advance they get paid more. Not much I guess, but something. So maybe they get a big bonus for winning.

Anyone catch Stacy on Jimmy Kimmel last night-she basically made it so Drew was a total loser who voted for himself all the time. She said soemthing to the extent of "I didn't care if I won I was just doing it for the experience but Drew totally cared all about winning." She was really snide. She also agrreed with Jimmy that she lost because "fat housewives" were jealous of her and didn't vote.

Gee I didn't vote for her 'cause that freestyle sucked!! What a sore loser!!

I am a dancer and I have to say that dancewise, Jerry pretty much sucks. People voted for him because he's Jerry Rice. His fan base is huge. If the votes were solely on dancing ability and not likability he would have been eliminated right after Master P.

btw there was a glimpse of my mom last week on the show at the beginning where they showed Jerry at the Starlite with the crowd of people :wink:

Sicy said:

btw there was a glimpse of my mom last week on the show at the beginning where they showed Jerry at the Starlite with the crowd of people :wink:

:applaud: That's awesome, Sicy. I wondered about that as I was watching when I realized they were showing bits that had been filmed at the various studios where the dancers had been practicing. My Mom wishes she meandered down there that Sunday afternoon. Oh well, snooze ya lose is what I told her, she could have gotten a hug, autograph and picture too! :wink:

Sicy said:

I don't even know you but totally thought of you when they showed that on TV!!!:wink: :wink:

Good for your Mom...

I am a dancer as well (16 years ballet and tap!!!) and thought Jerry's attitude rocked!! Nope he couldn't dance but I liked it that he came that far...most improved hands down. I however do not think it was fair for Stacy or even Drew to be on it. Stacy was a prof. cheerleader and Drew in a boy band. Either have no dance experience for all or not. Kinda an unfair advantage you know?

I agree with your last statement. It was the same scenario as Skating with Celebrities. One of them already had skating experience. Totally not fair to the others!

ljclary said:
Anyone catch Stacy on Jimmy Kimmel last night-she basically made it so Drew was a total loser who voted for himself all the time. She said soemthing to the extent of "I didn't care if I won I was just doing it for the experience but Drew totally cared all about winning." She was really snide. She also agrreed with Jimmy that she lost because "fat housewives" were jealous of her and didn't vote.

Gee I didn't vote for her 'cause that freestyle sucked!! What a sore loser!!

This is pretty sad to hear. Immature, unprofessional and wrong. I felt Stacy lacked "class" which this convinces me is completely true.

Drew's interview on Leno this week was very humorous. He's down to earth and he did not berate anyone related to the show. He did make fun of the trophy but I thought it was kind of chintzy looking.

I agree these shows need to showcase celebrities who don't have the backgrounds, experience, training etc. that would give them unfair advantage over other contestants.

Back
Top Bottom