Dancing with the Stars - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2006, 01:08 PM   #166
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:48 AM
I'm sure they'll be another one doozer *passes doozer a Kleenex*

I was thinking this morning they should do a DWTS tour like they do the American Idol tour.

Old 02-27-2006, 02:42 PM   #167
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:48 AM
thanks, Mrs S.

Old 02-27-2006, 03:05 PM   #168
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

I know they will have other shows. To me they won't be the same as this one. I wanted Drew to win from the beginning and I guess depending on the celebrity, I don't know I just really enjoyed this season. Great show!
Old 02-28-2006, 08:32 AM   #169
Blue Crack Addict

A day after appearing on the "Dancing With the Stars" finale, Master P headed to court Monday where a judge ordered the hip-hop mogul and his younger brother to stand trial on weapons charges.

Master P, 38, whose real name is Percy Miller, and his brother Vyshonn Miller, 30, also a rapper who uses the stage name Silkk The Shocker, were arrested last month for carrying unregistered guns.

University of California at Los Angeles police spotted the weapons during a traffic stop. Prosecutors said the officers found a semiautomatic handgun under the seat of Master P, who was the passenger, and a revolver under the seat of his brother, who was driving.

Each was charged with one felony count of carrying an unregistered, loaded firearm. They face up to three years in state prison if convicted, prosecutors said.

Both are free on bail and are scheduled to return to court March 13 for arraignment.

Master P, founder and CEO of No Limit Records, paired with professional dancer Ashly DelGrosso for "Dancing With the Stars" after his teen rapper son, Lil' Romeo, dropped out of the ABC reality competition because of a basketball injury. He was rejected after the fourth show, but returned for a last dance Sunday.

In recent years, Master P has tried out for different NBA teams, including the Sacramento Kings and the Denver Nuggets. He also starred with his son on the Nickelodeon TV show "Romeo!"
Old 02-28-2006, 03:50 PM   #170
Blue Crack Addict

i didn't know that guy was 38! or the whole story about how he got on the show.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:52 PM   #171
Blue Crack Overdose

I heard that on the news last night about Master P. Heh.....Drew was on Jay Leno last night also. He was very funny, it was a great interview. Boy that Dancing with the Stars trophy is crappy though!
Old 02-28-2006, 07:16 PM   #172
Blue Crack Addict

and that is the only prize they work their asses off for!
Old 02-28-2006, 07:46 PM   #173
Blue Crack Overdose

Yup, can you believe it? I am sure it is great PR for them, but they really put a lot of blood sweat and tears into the whole thing. They've GOT to get some kind of kick back or something! Maybe a nice gift basket? Or they get to keep their costumes?
Old 03-01-2006, 08:05 AM   #174
Blue Crack Addict

Someone told me that Drew said on The View that they also get paid, each time they advance they get paid more. Not much I guess, but something. So maybe they get a big bonus for winning.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #175
War Child

Local Time: 06:48 AM
Anyone catch Stacy on Jimmy Kimmel last night-she basically made it so Drew was a total loser who voted for himself all the time. She said soemthing to the extent of "I didn't care if I won I was just doing it for the experience but Drew totally cared all about winning." She was really snide. She also agrreed with Jimmy that she lost because "fat housewives" were jealous of her and didn't vote.

Gee I didn't vote for her 'cause that freestyle sucked!! What a sore loser!!
Old 03-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #176
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I am a dancer and I have to say that dancewise, Jerry pretty much sucks. People voted for him because he's Jerry Rice. His fan base is huge. If the votes were solely on dancing ability and not likability he would have been eliminated right after Master P.

btw there was a glimpse of my mom last week on the show at the beginning where they showed Jerry at the Starlite with the crowd of people
Old 03-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #177
Blue Crack Overdose

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

btw there was a glimpse of my mom last week on the show at the beginning where they showed Jerry at the Starlite with the crowd of people

That's awesome, Sicy. I wondered about that as I was watching when I realized they were showing bits that had been filmed at the various studios where the dancers had been practicing. My Mom wishes she meandered down there that Sunday afternoon. Oh well, snooze ya lose is what I told her, she could have gotten a hug, autograph and picture too!
Old 03-01-2006, 04:52 PM   #178
War Child

Local Time: 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

I don't even know you but totally thought of you when they showed that on TV!!!

Good for your Mom...

I am a dancer as well (16 years ballet and tap!!!) and thought Jerry's attitude rocked!! Nope he couldn't dance but I liked it that he came that far...most improved hands down. I however do not think it was fair for Stacy or even Drew to be on it. Stacy was a prof. cheerleader and Drew in a boy band. Either have no dance experience for all or not. Kinda an unfair advantage you know?
Old 03-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #179
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I agree with your last statement. It was the same scenario as Skating with Celebrities. One of them already had skating experience. Totally not fair to the others!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:06 AM   #180
Blue Crack Overdose

Quote:
Originally posted by ljclary
Anyone catch Stacy on Jimmy Kimmel last night-she basically made it so Drew was a total loser who voted for himself all the time. She said soemthing to the extent of "I didn't care if I won I was just doing it for the experience but Drew totally cared all about winning." She was really snide. She also agrreed with Jimmy that she lost because "fat housewives" were jealous of her and didn't vote.

Gee I didn't vote for her 'cause that freestyle sucked!! What a sore loser!!

This is pretty sad to hear. Immature, unprofessional and wrong. I felt Stacy lacked "class" which this convinces me is completely true.

Drew's interview on Leno this week was very humorous. He's down to earth and he did not berate anyone related to the show. He did make fun of the trophy but I thought it was kind of chintzy looking.

I agree these shows need to showcase celebrities who don't have the backgrounds, experience, training etc. that would give them unfair advantage over other contestants.