Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen live!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

Yesterday I again witnessed an amazing concert. Bruce Springsteen played the Netherlands (again), in the Feyenoord stadium (where also U2 played some memorable concerts). Before I go on praising it, here's the setlist:

Darkness on the edge of town (acoustic)
The Rising
Lonesome day
The ties that bind
Candy's room
Darlington County
Empty sky
You're missing
Waitin' on a sunny day
Two hearts
The promised land
Worlds apart
Badlands
She's the one
Mary's Place
Racing in the street (full band) - by request
Into the fire
---
Cadillac ranch - by request
Ramrod
Born to run
Detroit medley
---
My city of ruins
Land of hope and dreams
Dancing in the dark

Reading about it now on the Internet I realise it wasn't that long a concert for Bruce (2 hours 40 minutes), but I was still exhausted. I had a great 'seat' as I was less than 3 meters from the first row at the side of Roy Bittan (the piano player for those not too well known with the E Street Band).
It was amazing how he could open the show with a solo acoustic version of Darkness On The Edge Of Town and capture the audience with it. I understood that on Tuesday (when he also played in that stadium) he opened with Born In The USA, but I think yesterday's choice was better (not that I don't like Born In The USA, on the contrary! But I think that song has to be played loud as hell!) Compared to the concert last October (when he played the Ahoy arena only once, but I was there too!) there were many changes, including songs I had never expected to hear in person (Candy's Room! Racing In The Street! Detroit Medley!:hyper:!). Also, in October Ramrod clocked in at 9 minutes, but I think that yesterday it went on even longer, it even included a piano solo by Roy Bittan. And then, after 2 1/2 hours, with your feet tired and your body broken, he made us jump up and down again by playing Dancing In The Dark. What a way to end the show!
He put a great effort to win the audience, but, paraphrasing Jerry Maguire here, he got me at "Hallo Nederland!"

C ya!

Marty (still :hyper: )

Sounds like a great show- I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!

She's The One - :heart: and Racing In The Street :heart:

I hope he doesn't wear himself out before he gets back to the States :sexywink:

:bow: Bruce :bow:

DiGi said:
i really want to go to NYC in August to see him - I have never seen one of his shows, but the Live in NYC DVD I have is amazing.

You really should! Together with Bono he's one of the few persons who can engage the whole audience during a stadium show. Especially his lighter side is great in a stadium (the funny faces, the interaction with Little Steven of Clarence Clemmons, etc.) and he makes you want to have the show go on forever, even though you're tired and your feet hurt. He's that good!

C ya!

Marty

he is actually in my city today .. but I got no ticket :(

what a bummer eh?

well I'll make sure to see him live one day
untill that day I'll keep listening to this really cool "Stand by me" live version he does with Bono :wink:

Hello,

For those interested, I've posted a lengthy review of the show in my journal. The link is somewhere on the left of the screen (and in the top you can go to the journals). I have to warn you though, it's LENGTHY. Basically, I wanted to write down many small details I saw so I won't forget those. It's the small details that count, that can make a concert perfect (although I didn't write about the beauty standing next to me). So read it if you want to. Did I already say it was lengthy? :tongue:

C ya!

Marty ( :doesn'tmindmarthaisjealous: :p)

Back
Top Bottom