Dance music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joyfulgirl

Blue Crack Addict
I have just been asked by my coworkers to go shopping for dance music that will be played at upcoming work events using our new hi tech entertainment system. A fun assignment for me, but I'm not exactly up on current dance music, so I need your help. I work with people from ages 30-65, so while I'm looking for current dance/club music I'm also trying to appeal to a large age group--i.e., nothing too industrial. It's gotta say, "hey, let's dance!" and not "this is giving me a headache, could you turn it down?"

May I have your suggestions, please? Thanks!

Stardust - The Music Sounds Better With You
Daft Punk - One More Time
Fatboy Slim - Rockafella Skank

and when you're done dancing
Aphex Twin - Flaphead

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

errrr...I have no clue. Moby??
biggrin.gif

Mint Royale - they are the peppiest, happiest, retroist, bestest dance band out there... lots of horns and happy beats, anything by them is good though the song Don't Falter might be a good place to start.

My coworkers would be shocked--nay, concerned!--if I put together a dance mix without U2.

lol...we just had a staff meeting where everyone talked about what they were working on and when my turn came around I said, "um, well, I'm working on dance music..." -- big laughs. I have the best job.
smile.gif

more, more!

Several suggestions here include things I've been wanting to check out, so now's my opportunity.

Hmmm....

Most anything by Paul Van Dyk is great. Seven Ways, Out There and Back, Politics of Dancing. Great stuff. I also highly recommend anything from DJ Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, and Ferry Corsten.

That's all good Trance, so there's nothing there that's mind-numbing house music.

Ministry of Sound compilations are great (as has been said above
smile.gif
).

-Mike

I have also found that the billion U2 remixes I have make for excellent dance music.

Worth repeating, SkeeK, because when I got home last night I was making up my shopping list from memory and Mint Royale was the only one I couldn't remember!

Thanks everybody. Keep coming back with more ideas. Because I get to go shopping with somebody else's money.
smile.gif

The band Mint Royale would be really appropriate I think!

Oh wait. Did I already say that? Oh well, repetition for emphasis
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom