Damn You Major League Baseball!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooman91

The Fly
Why? Why? You can't end a baseball game at the end of the 11th tied at 7 just because the game is running so long! The game had been a cliff hanger since the 6th inning! I gotta know, and now I have to wait for the World Series for another showdown even close to this! What do all of you think?

:mad: :shocked: :sad:

I heard they ran out of pitchers... so, why didn't they just cycle the pitchers and keep going?

(Oh yeah, I know dick-all about MLB.)

J-Tree said:
I heard they ran out of pitchers... so, why didn't they just cycle the pitchers and keep going?

(Oh yeah, I know dick-all about MLB.)

I live in Milwaukee and have been surrounded with the All Star Madness for the last few days.

Yup ... they ran out of pitchers ... I guess there is some rule in the game that once someone rotates off the field, they cannot go back in the game.

JessicaAnn said:

I guess there is some rule in the game that once someone rotates off the field, they cannot go back in the game.

You would be correct. That's the nature of the beast, once you leave the game, there's no returning. The managers ran themselves out of players, forcing Selig to make the decision he made.

Zooman91 said:
and now I have to wait for the World Series for another showdown even close to this! :mad: :shocked: :sad:

i don't think you'll have to worry about how exciting the world series will be.

steeeeerike!

Clark W. Griswold said:

You would be correct. That's the nature of the beast, once you leave the game, there's no returning. The managers ran themselves out of players, forcing Selig to make the decision he made.

Thus begging the obvious question, "why not scrap the usual rules for subbing?"

Bring back the pitchers?

I think most were done for the game, and change the rules would only make the game more a travesty.

The problem imo is that the managers objective was to make sure everyone plays, thus leaving them without players for the extra innings, expanding the rosters will not help, if managers keep using every player in the 9 innings, the only solution is to have 9 - 10 pitchers and use only 4 or 5, maybe some will not play, but then we will never have to witness this shame.

it may not be within the rules to bring a pitcher back into the game, but it's not in the rulebooks to call a game a tie either, Bud (Light) Selig is an idiot, so are the rest of the owners, so is the Player's Union, and so are the fans (myself included) for tolerating their appaling behavior over the last decade

Well, if you don't want ties, you don't want to let players back in the game, you don't want the last pitcher pitching indefinitely, and you don't want position players pitching, there's only one thing to do:

Penalty kicks.

People are making too big a deal over this. Let's look at the bigger picture. Baseball fans were treated to a terrific game with plenty of offense, big plays in the field, PLUS two extra innings. Sad to say, but if the score was 9-1 it would have been a dull game but people wouldn't be doing nearly as much bitching.

I don't so much care about the all-star game, I don't bother watching them anymore because they're almost always a waste of time, actually I was referring to the state of the game in general, and the looming strike/lockout

Back
Top Bottom