Damien Rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
btw

would you guys believe me if I told you, when it comes to Damien's song 'The Blowers Daughter'.....

...that before I learnt it was about a jazz player, I thought that he was really a glass blower!

:D:D:D:wink:

had to share! LOL!

I think the 'O' album is beautiful, he has a soft voice but energetic enough to grab the hold of your heart and get it pumping.

I saw Damo for the third time last weekend. He's better to watch indoors.

By he's better to watch indoors, I meant to say the two times I've seen him indoors were a lot better. This being at a festival, I didn't enjoy it as much. His sound doesn't translate well to a field of 65,000 people.

What song was it? She did a cover of Yoshimi Pt. 1 when I saw Damien in May. It's available (with a few other songs) on her EP entitled Birdtalk.

redkat said:
he did the unplugged acoustic and it was incredible

He did that in May when I saw him at the Bass Performance Hall. Cannonball, as it were.

Did he close your show with his Cheers Darlin antics? It's a pretty interested concept.

inmyplace13 said:

He did that in May when I saw him at the Bass Performance Hall. Cannonball, as it were.

Did he close your show with his Cheers Darlin antics? It's a pretty interested concept.

It was Cannonball.

He did close with Cheers Darlin. I thought it was better/longer than the versions on youtube. The guy can really act. People seemed certain he was wasted. He ended it by leaning against a lampost on stage and taking a piss. Only he can do that and still seem charming. ;)

He told lots of long stories the second half of the show. He seems sincerely pleased as if he's recalling these things for the first time. I could listen to him all day.:drool:

Back
Top Bottom