Damien Rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently we're supposed to get an email confirming it today, but the presale code definitely 9CRIMES.

God, I'm stupid.

I got on there at 10 sharp and pulled up front row tickets that I deemed were too far to the left. So I sent them back and pressed best available instead of "orchestra," thinking it'd put me towards the middle, and apparently the entire front row sold out in that time.

I'm in the second row, so I guess it's not that big of a deal. I'm just dumb.

redkat said:
thanks impy!

Anyone know what the difference is btwn. the shows listed as Damien Rice and the ones listed as An Evening with Damien Rice?

I'm pretty sure it's the same thing.

I'm a dumbass it took me 10 tries to get in :der:

I ended up with center orchestra row G. I'm not even sure I can go, but lord I don't wanna miss it

I have to say I haven't really got into Damien Rice, but has anyone heard his version of "To love somebody" with Ray LaMontagne?

It's on youtube. Think it's quite pretty. :up:

Lara Mullen said:
I have to say I haven't really got into Damien Rice, but has anyone heard his version of "To love somebody" with Ray LaMontagne?

It's on youtube. Think it's quite pretty. :up:

Absolutely gorgeous. :drool:

It's also on Eskimofriends.com, if you scroll down a bit.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I was just coming over here to post about that performance. That was gorgeous. The blog where I just watched it is here: http://fuelfriends.blogspot.com/

I read that blog too. :up:

Oh, and after saying I was not really being fussed on Damien, I have to say he sings really beautifully in that clip. :drool:

For the San Diego show if you don't exchange your tickets for the new venue, you lose your ticket.

Latest News
San Diego show in Spreckles moved to SDSU OAT
2nd Vancouver show confirmed
Portland show in Roseland Theatre moved to Theatre of the Clouds
US show announced for Columbus, OH
Damien to play session at London Scala
European Tour March 2007 on sale
UK shows in March 2007 are SOLD OUT
US Tour April & May 2007 on sale
Marlay Park gig in Dublin on sale
Festivals 2007
UK Shows for October 2007 on sale

It's offish:

Band update - 25 Mar 2007
After much thought and discussion Damien has decided that his professional relationship with Lisa Hannigan has run its creative course. As a result Lisa will not be appearing at any of the upcoming live shows. Lisa is embarking on her own artistic endeavours and there are no plans for them to work together in the foreseeable future. The current band on tour at the moment are - Damien Rice, Joel Shearer, Shane Fitzsimons, Tom Osander & Vyvienne Long.
damienrice.com

:sad:

I'm leaving in 30 minutes to go see Damo in the second row at the Bass Hall.
smielephantiy2.gif

Full report when I get back. I'll even take down the setlist for your reading pleasure.

Austin, TX May 9, 2007

9 Crimes
Me, My Yoke, & I
Volcano
Older Chests
The Animals Were Gone
Coconut Skins
Woman Like A Man
Rootless Tree (piano version)
Lonely Soldier
The Professor/La Fille Danse
The Blower's Daughter
Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Pt. 1 (Vyvienne solo on piano)
I Remember
Cannonball (No PA. Completely unplugged)

Encore:
Accidental Babies
Cheers Darlin'

If you're seeing him on this tour, I'm not going to ruin the Cheers Darlin' premise. Suffice to say it's fucking cool. Also, there's no opening act. Get there when your ticket says to because he'll start 15-20 minutes after.

Not Damo, really. It was literally only Vyvienne on the stage. She did a great job though. The people in the crowd who were obvious Flips aficionados (like myself) really enjoyed it. It provided a nice lighthearted moment in between all of Damien's somberness. Don't get me wrong, I'm in love with each and every one of those songs, but "Walkin' On Sunshine" they ain't.

Damien was in fine form tonight and his banter was hilarious and insightful. During a brief moment of silence, someone yelled "where's Lisa?" You could tell Damien was reluctant to delve into that question, but it was obvious that he harbored no resentment and genuinely cares about her and her career path. He said that she was "doing things much more beautiful than anything she could do with this group."

It was a really incredible show though. He never disappoints. And now I'm excited again since a couple hours after I got home from the show, the ACL lineup was released and, sure enough, Damien will be appearing.

US & Canadian Tour Announced for September 2007

A tour for the US and Canada have been confirmed for September 2007.

Presale tickets for this tour go on sale Monday 9 July 2007 from the following links. The exclusive password for the presale is 9crimes

Sept 4 Minneapolis, MN State Theatre
Sept 5 Boston, MA Bank of America Pavilion
Sept 7 New York, NY Wamu Theatre at Madison

Sept 10 Toronto, ONT Hummingbird
Sept 11 Cleveland, OH Playhouse Sq
Sept 12 Murray, KY Lovett Auditorium
Sept 13 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium

Sept 17 Denver, CO Fillmore
Sept 18 Salt Lake City, UT McKay
Sept 20 Los Angeles, CA Greek Theatre

yesterday I got tickets to the LA date. Even with the presale they aren't very good though, must have sold fast or they're keeping the good seats away from me :grumpy:

I need some help. Does ANYONE have an mp3 of the cover version of "Que sera, sera" that Damien Rice performed with David Gray at Live Earth at Wembley??? It sounded fantastic and I can't stop listening to it on youtube.

So if anyone has this and can help me out, would be greatly appreciated.

In case you're interested....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2glv8xjQc2g

just give me a mail and I'll send it

by the way I love their version I'm looking for a guitar tab!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom