Damien Rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for purchasing tickets on Ticketmaster.

You purchased 2 tickets to:
Saturday July 08, 2006 8:00 pm

:drool:

Damn, those lower levels were pricey at 59 a piece. I feel like I got a steal though. Front row, dead center mezzanine for 35 a piece + service charges. Not too bad, I don't think, and nearly half as expensive as lower levels.

Did I mention the :drool: -worthiness of this? I've been waiting to see Damien for years. Not only that, but when I saw Fiona open for Coldplay earlier this year, she was incredible.

inmyplace13 said:
Not only that, but when I saw Fiona open for Coldplay earlier this year, she was incredible.

you're going to like her like this even more, trust me.

i don't know anything about damien rice.

but it looks like i'll be seeing him a few times next month when he opens for fiona.

I don't know when tickets go on sale for Fiona. They have dates listed on her myspace page but when I go to the Bank of America Pavilion's webpage it doesn't show that she's coming. :huh:

bonosgirl84 said:

you're going to like her like this even more, trust me.

I suppose we'll know that tomorrow night.

Tomorrow :drool:

ah, yes.

the fiona show in dallas..

that's a fairly larger venue than most she's played so far.

how are your seats?

nextstagegrandprairie4oc.gif

No GA here, unfortunately. But I'm in section 101 row O, so I'm not complaining too much. I was originally in 407 row A, but I decided to go for the upgrade and bought these when the oppurtunity came up.

The venue is too big for them. I wouldn't be surprised if the theatre is about half full tonight, if the type of tickets still available on ticketmaster is any indication. I pulled up four tickets in the fourth row of 203 at about 11 pm last night. :huh:

But whatever, that's just more Fiona and Damien enjoyment for me.

Oh, and BG, I was going over Damien's touring band and the omission of Lisa Hannigan from the list has me worried. Did Damo have an attractive young girl with an equally attractive young voice playing with him, even doing lead vocals on some songs? I would be really disappointed if she wasn't around after all.

[edit] Nevermind, I just found out for sure she wasn't via the Damien board, at least not for any dates not on the east coast. That's a real shame. [/edit]

Last edited:
you have good seats, then. i'm glad.

i was very pleasantly surprised that she had sold out the greek. of course, it meant not being as close to her as i have been at past shows, but i was still proud that she could do it. it seemed to be a very trendy ticket to have for that area or something. and lots of celebrities.

i envy you more than i can say today. i was looking at tickets on ebay yesterday. she's all over the midwest and the east coast for the next few months but, alas, i don't fly.

enjoy your show tonight.

i'm expecting a full review tomorrow. :wink:

Let me start this by saying I had high expectations for my first Damien show. Let me continue by saying those expectations were not only met, but completely destroyed. He approached territory only a Sigur Ros live show has approached with me before. He was one of my favorite artists before tonight, but he's up there with Radiohead/Coldplay/U2/Beatles/Wilco now. Definitely worth the two and a half year wait since I got into him.

And BG was right, I definitely enjoyed Fioner even more this time around. Hers was an excellent performance. She brings as much raw energy to the stage as any musician I've ever seen perform live. I was a mild fan before tonight, but she made a strong case to be one of my favorite artists.

Damo played a lot of new stuff that was really great, so I'm exciting about the new record. The old favorites were awesome too, Volcano, Cannonball, The Professor, and Older Chests among them. I wish I knew them names of a few of the newer songs other than 'Accidental Babies', which was a solid new tune. Some Fiona highlights for me included Get Gone, Tymps, and Sleep To Dream.

Edit: I found some names of the new Damien songs I liked. One of them was 'Rootless Tree', but the one I'm completely head over heels for is 'Me, My Yoke And I'. Simply put, it kicked ass.

Last edited:
For you Damo fans, here are some live boots of the two songs I was so wild about:

Rootless Tree - http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=5B37C72D4171B600

Me, My Yoke, And I - http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=9398D0285FBF9AB6

Alright, BG, here's what I remember.

Opened with Get Him Back, from there I'm going to pretty much garble up the set, but off the top of my head, this is what she played:

To Your Love
Shadowboxer
Paper Bag
Tymps
The Way Things Are
Slow Like Honey
Better Version of Me
Not About Love
Sleep to Dream
On The Bound
Oh Well
Get Gone :drool: :drool: :drool:

She closed the main set with Fast As You Can, and the encore was Extraordinary Machine, which she brought David Garza on stage for, into Criminal. I bet I'm missing a song or two here and there, and that's definitely not the correct order, but she played every song I listed.

Last edited:
i really appreciate everything you've told me so far, and i'm so glad that you enjoyed the show so much, but i'm afraid i'm going to pester you just a bit more.

this show in particular was important to me.

do you know if she sang a song called i know?

it sounds like it might have been the same set list from the greek.

and here's a girly question, if you don't mind: how did she look?

Yesss, she did do I Know. I knew I was forgetting at least one.

She looked fantastic, as usual. I think she's an extremely beautiful woman. She was wearing sandals with large heels, but not like stiletto heels, and a long flowing dress (of course) that was sort of brownish green. She was wearing her hair down too.Very earthy looking, very natural. She was beautiful, but that's to be expected. I would have taken pictures but they told me to put my camera back in the car.

Also, if you look at the map of the venue on the previous page, I sneaked my way over to the furthest center end of 104, so I was a lot more to the center than my actual seats were, which was a drastic side view.

ah, thank you.

you've made me very happy.

i'm glad you enjoyed the show.

it sounds like it was just perfect.

It was. I couldn't have asked for a much better night.

Between Coldplay for the fourth time, Sigur Ros, Fioner (times two), Franz, Death Cab, and Damien, I've had a pretty damn good concert year so far.

He's an odd fellow with very wordy songs, but he's not a bad guitar player. He only played about three songs last night and was on stage for about 15 minutes, so he goes by quickly. He's from Austin, so I had heard of him beforehand, but I still didn't know what to expect. I didn't like his performance, but I didn't dislike it either. Just kind of 'meh'.

unfortunately, in the case of dahveed garza, "wordy songs" really means "terrible lyrics." he also doesn't go by quickly at all when he's the only opening act.

he sings forever. and ever. and ever.

and then he sings some more.

skip him if you can, '78. i mean, if your show isn't GA.

i've never heard anyone say that they actually liked him. in fact, imp's review is probably the nicest one i've heard so far.

zoney! said:

I am seeing Fiona and Damien this week!

I guaran-sheed that you will enjoy yourself.

I wish I got to go down to Houston for round two tonight, but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom