Dalton and NSW's Beijing Olympics Thread - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JIMMY FUCKIN' PAGE!!!

I loved it all... of course they couldn't do anything as big as China.. but they went and say "fuck it, we're London". That second of silence between the girl singing and Jimmy's riff was glorious, because that's what is all about... we're as classy as we're rock and roll

if that's the attitude for 2012, cheers :up:

The girl was Leona Lewis and you could barely hear the pair of them from the live feed. The " modern " dance was terrible and that 10 year old girl that gave the ball to Beckham needed a good kicking.

My last Olympic comments:

Michael Phelps is 23 years old.

He has won 16 Olympic medals in his life, 14 of which are Gold.

That's simply amazing.

Here's hoping that come 2010, I'll be unable to be in a thread similar to this one, as I'll be at the games themselves. :)

Thank you, CBC, for giving me hours and hours of wrap-up and the closing ceremonies. :heart:

I'm such a sucker for pomp and circumstance - I think I've teared up at least 5 times watching this thing.

On the one hand, I have to admit I've heard enough Chinese pop and opera music for one night.

On the other hand, how BLISSFUL to watch it without constant chatter from commentators, and very short commercial breaks.

O, Canada, indeed! :love:

Londons 8 minute set was fucking shit.

Sorry for the language but it was truely dire. It was like saying " hey we cant do amazing choreography but at least we have the culture of celebrity." The whole scroll thing and the red bus was corny and left me cringing.

Half right, half wrong.

China has lasers and fireworks, but they don't got the Zep.

I liked the Jimmy Page/Leona Lewis thing - that show seriously needed a little rock and roll. But yeah, the choreography was seriously lame. The bus opening up into the stage was pretty cool.

Bo-Jackson-The-Ball.jpg

Also I see Sky (a pay channel, for the uninformed) have broadcasting rights to the 2012 (also the 2010 winter Olympics, but who gives a shit?) games in New Zealand.

They'll do an amazing job. I know it. My concern is that I might not live in New Zealand in 2012.

Also I see Sky (a pay channel, for the uninformed) have broadcasting rights to the 2012 (also the 2010 winter Olympics, but who gives a shit?) games in New Zealand.

They'll do an amazing job. I know it. My concern is that I might not live in New Zealand in 2012.

3 things:

1) Cut a hole in a box

2) I give a shit about the Winter Olympics

3) You might not be living, at all, come 2012

Have a good day! :wave:

My last Olympic comments:

Michael Phelps is 23 years old.

He has won 16 Olympic medals in his life, 14 of which are Gold.

That's simply amazing.

Here's hoping that come 2010, I'll be unable to be in a thread similar to this one, as I'll be at the games themselves. :)

3 things:

1) Cut a hole in a box

2) I give a shit about the Winter Olympics

3) You might not be living, at all, come 2012

Have a good day! :wave:

You lying sack of shit.

Back
Top Bottom