Dallas, Moray, Scotland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver, sacrifice your masculinity with us and listen to Chris Martin not only cry a river, but a waterfall that attracts tourists the world over.

Can I sigquote this till it stops being funny?

Can I sigquote this till it stops being funny?

Of course! But let's try to keep the crowds down. People make Chris Martin's tear waterfall grow even larger.

So, it's the weekend. Weekend means the footy. Shame this round kind of blows for the most part and I have to wait until Sunday morning for the Carlton/Port match, which is still a Port match no matter what.

I've been told my plan to get rid of Dufus is childish and complicated. Childish and complicated is my thing. :| FINE. I guess I'll be an adult and honest with the Dufus. WHo just asked me, when he knows I'm working, if I want to go on a hike.

I was surprised to see a 7 year old playing on the opposing tennis team this morning. Seriously, he is/was bloody good and can match it with 16 year olds. Holy shit. Even lobbing the ball over him isn't effective in practice as it is in theory from what I had seen on the adjacent court.

If they don't, go buy a cheap, shitty DVD player from K Mart. It'll be regionless. Ours cost us $30 I think, and for such a huge setback, we don't have to worry about regions, and it's going strong after a fair bit of usage.

Not to worry, the DVDs worked a treat. :up:

Incidentally, I'm not even really sure where Big W fits in to the K Mart/Target sort of battle because there really haven't been many around where I live. There's only one that's convenient to me in Melbourne, compared to a good few Targets and K Marts, and I can only think of the location of one Big W on the Gold Coast and it wasn't half convenient.

I think Big Ws used to be more prevalent... or there was one near where we lived when I was young and went there all the time. There's one near where I live now, in fact, but I keep forgetting it's there. I think it's slightly shittier than K-Mart.

Then you've got Harris Scarfe, which confuses me. They seem to have delusions of being more on the Myer end of the scale, except they're constantly having huge sales, and I have no idea where any of their stores are. I think there are more of them in NSW.

Do Myer/David Jones stock shit other than clothes? I wouldn't know I've never been :lol:

And yeah, those Reject Shop/Crazy Bargains stores are horrific.

Yeah, Myer and DJs have other stuff, like electronics and furniture and homewares and cooking gear and food and accessories, and the most horriffic department of all, the make-up and perfumery. :yikes:

I've been told my plan to get rid of Dufus is childish and complicated. Childish and complicated is my thing. :| FINE. I guess I'll be an adult and honest with the Dufus. WHo just asked me, when he knows I'm working, if I want to go on a hike.

Three words... "Go away, Dave". You could probably think of alternatives for two of those, but I'm trying to be polite. :wink:

Three words... "Go away, Dave". You could probably think of alternatives for two of those, but I'm trying to be polite. :wink:
And one of them is "off." The other starts with "f" and ends with "uck".

I saw a payphone at my local K-Mart. I'm tempted to tweet a pic of it.

And one of them is "off." The other starts with "f" and ends with "uck".

I saw a payphone at my local K-Mart. I'm tempted to tweet a pic of it.

That's more or less what I had in mind... *L*

I caught up on all the EdgeTweets the other day... and I'm highly amused in retrospect that I had the urge to take a photo of a public phone in Liechtenstein. Bet Edge doesn't have that one! :giggle:

That's more or less what I had in mind... *L*

I caught up on all the EdgeTweets the other day... and I'm highly amused in retrospect that I had the urge to take a photo of a public phone in Liechtenstein. Bet Edge doesn't have that one! :giggle:

Well, if they'd show some respect to Pop once in a while, they might get to see awesomeness, like payphones at K-Mart.

P7180345sml.jpg

Also, how can a wet rosehip/hibiscus (ie, very red) teabag stain a piece of paper towel blue/black?! What is this, iodine on a potato?

World's gone mad, I tell you.

I have proof!

03062011sml.jpg

03062011001sml.jpg

Freaky. Maybe rosehip or hibiscus is also an indicator of starch, like iodine...?

Then you've got Harris Scarfe, which confuses me. They seem to have delusions of being more on the Myer end of the scale, except they're constantly having huge sales, and I have no idea where any of their stores are. I think there are more of them in NSW.

A shop I know only by name. Never been in one and I'm not sure I can recall ever seeing one either.

There used to be some truly horrible bargain sort of shops in Queensland in the late nineties ... I remember one rejoicing in the very Aussie name of Fair Dinkum Bargains. Its book section amounted to crossword books and action novels with names like Soldier Of Fortune: So-and-so's Revenge. Luckily most of these places seem to have disappeared in the last decade.

In a similar vein, you know what chain shop name I hate? Best & Less. Best AND less, you say? So some of it's the best, but some of it's not? Wow, great selling point. I love how they didn't call it "Best AT Less", which is what I think they really mean.

I can't decide if it's intentional or not, but it cracks me up. The background music the national news outlets are using for the Casey Anthony trial coverage is remarkably similar to the main musical theme of The Exorcist.

Oh shit, guys, my dad's belting AC/DC out from his car now. :uhoh:

WHY CAN'T I HAVE HEADPHONES?

Runaway Train? Eh? MORE LIKE RUNAWAY BRAIN AND MY BRAIN IS THE ONE THAT'S RUNNING AWAY.

I just heard something that slightly deviated away from a BASIC ROCK BEAT FOR HALF A SECOND! Are you telling me their drummer has skills up his sleeve??!?!?!

Oh, it's off. Thanks mystery god that I don't believe in.

For the record, AC/DC is pretty ok in my book. Not great, not loved, but I can stand them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom