Dallas, Moray, Scotland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, how can a wet rosehip/hibiscus (ie, very red) teabag stain a piece of paper towel blue/black?! What is this, iodine on a potato?

World's gone mad, I tell you.

auckland or wellington?

i'm back from nashville/memphis on the 16th. just putting it out there, if it's doable.

Ah cool, I was wondering if you'd be around - we're just hitting up Auckland this time. I want to do Wellington/South Island but I think that'll have to wait until later in the year.

If they don't, go buy a cheap, shitty DVD player from K Mart. It'll be regionless. Ours cost us $30 I think, and for such a huge setback, we don't have to worry about regions, and it's going strong after a fair bit of usage.

You guys have K MART of all places? That's so weird. I'm not sure why I feel that way. Maybe because of how many of them close down here all the time.

Man, there's heaps of K Marts here. And Big Ws. I'm not sure if that's an alternate name for Wal-Mart or a separate business altogether.

I love shopping for clothes at K Mart, they sometimes have ridiculously stupid clearance sales. I bought a pair of jeans there for $1.50 once.

Heh, I'd heard K Mart was pretty unhealthy business-wise in the US, but the Australian version is going strong. As far as the cheaper end of the market goes, here the big department store war is K Mart vs Target (I have always perceived Target as SLIGHTLY more classy); the upper end of the market is Myer vs David Jones. Then below K Mart/Target you have the really shit places like The Reject Shop or Crazy Clark's, the places where somebody who drinks port like me fears to tread.

Man, there's heaps of K Marts here. And Big Ws. I'm not sure if that's an alternate name for Wal-Mart or a separate business altogether.

I had, for whatever reason, been under the impression that Big W was the department store arm of Woolworths.

I'm probably completely wrong.

Incidentally, I'm not even really sure where Big W fits in to the K Mart/Target sort of battle because there really haven't been many around where I live. There's only one that's convenient to me in Melbourne, compared to a good few Targets and K Marts, and I can only think of the location of one Big W on the Gold Coast and it wasn't half convenient.

"Chelsea, some stupid Italian radio show took it upon themselves to just play it way early! One person heard it from here, and that is it, too late to do anything about it, hope they get sued! "

"Chelsea, some stupid Italian radio show took it upon themselves to just play it way early! One person heard it from here, and that is it, too late to do anything about it, hope they get sued! "

"Oh, they'll be getting a major fine, that we know. I bet the band doesn't give a damn, but EMI will have their butts for any amount of money they can get "

Axver, sacrifice your masculinity with us and listen to Chris Martin not only cry a river, but a waterfall that attracts tourists the world over.

OH FUCK. They're playing an acoustic version of "In My Place" and the guitarist just hit the wrongest of wrong notes.

Do Myer/David Jones stock shit other than clothes? I wouldn't know I've never been :lol:

And yeah, those Reject Shop/Crazy Bargains stores are horrific.

does anyone here have Cosmogramma on CD? it's on sale for $13 at JB, and i wanna buy it, but only if it's got a booklet. if it's just a piece of cardboard and a cd, then i'm not paying for it. anyone tell me? to afraid to ask in b&c.

Listen
I've been drinking.
As our house
Lies in ruins.
I don't know what I'm doing.
Alone.
In the dark.
At the park or at the pier
Watching ships disappear
In the rain

God am I glad I had some booze to soften the blow of that second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom