Dallas, Moray, Scotland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
imagejpeg_2.jpg

Oh my God....she's so pretty.

Pretty much all I want in life right now is to be able to have a cat.

It's not so much that we aren't allowed one (officially we aren't; I'm sure I could persuade the landlord), and more that where we live is just totally unsuitable for a cat. There's no "outside" beyond the balconies, and even if it were an indoor cat, well, we leave the doors open a lot, and the last thing I'd want is it getting out onto the balcony and off down to the busy street below.

So it's animals that live in tanks and cages for the foreseeable future.

Oh, I see.

I'm always too nervous to let my cats outside. But, yeah, we have a screen on the door, so no biggie there.

Perhaps the biggest thing that bothers me about this place is the lack of screens on the doors! Come November/December when flies are out in force, I'd give anything for a flyscreen, since it's way too hot to leave the door closed. But instead I just leave a liberal helping of flyspray around the doorway and that deters all but the most suicidal flies.

Some of the other flats in this building have flyscreens too. Not sure why some do and some don't. I'd get some installed, but what's the point sinking money into a place when you only rent it?

Shit. I'm already in love with this dog. I was afraid of this. I'm going to be heartbroken when the landlady tells me we can't have him tomorrow.

Shit. I'm already in love with this dog. I was afraid of this. I'm going to be heartbroken when the landlady tells me we can't have him tomorrow.

I thought you said earlier you could keep him.

...I'd rather not go into how many attempts it took me to type that sentence correctly. And these two, as well.

Well, dogs are allowed in my apartment complex, but the website says small dogs.

This little gal is going to get up to 30 pounds, which is considered a medium dog.

So I'm not sure what's going to happen. I'm just a pessimist.

Haha, it's not bad at all (except from a photography perspective) - and gave us an excuse to call into Max Brenner for hot chocolate! My fingers got pretty cold on the camera though. Not as bad as that time in Malbun, Liechtenstein, mind you!

Or Mt Macedon...

Still, when hypothermia is followed by delicious hot chocolate, it's almost worth it. It'll be worse going up a mountain in Switzerland or Liechtenstein or Norway in September, though... :uhoh: I hope they have a lot of hot choc on standby!

U2.com= fail.

... I don't think there's enough sarcasm in the universe with which to adequately infuse a response of "No, really??"

:wink:

Since we couldn't name the cat Bonnie, it's a potential name for the potential dog. If it's a wacky fun dog. We'll see :eek:

Just listening to some M83 for the first time in a long time, and god that sample in Graveyard Girl is so fucking bad, it's probably the main reason WHY I haven't played this in a good year or two!

Or Mt Macedon...

Still, when hypothermia is followed by delicious hot chocolate, it's almost worth it. It'll be worse going up a mountain in Switzerland or Liechtenstein or Norway in September, though... :uhoh: I hope they have a lot of hot choc on standby!

Haha, oh god, if this tram I wanted to see was running near the top of Mount Macedon, there's no way I would've walked up and down for 45 minutes waiting for it!

At least it's September rather than January! :wink:

Well, as you'll recall, we were going to name the cat "Bonnie the Cat" until we found out it was a boy, which is why we switched the name to Bowie (incidentally:
bowie_eyes_cat.jpg
).

Now, we have a girl, so the Bonnie name may as well come back to the table, though more likely than not we're saving it for a future cat.

So there you go.

bono_212 said:
Since we couldn't name the cat Bonnie, it's a potential name for the potential dog. If it's a wacky fun dog. We'll see :eek:

I'm fairly settled on Audrey, personally. Sly, seductive, and wont to head out on countless misadventures in the name of love and justice.

But if that just ain't happening for our good-time rabblerouser, Bonnie is on deck. I know a Bonnie when I see one.

Audrey, known to go under-cover as a prostitute, but manages to stay classy and not sleep with her father.

You're determined to make sure none of us ever forget that song, as much as we'd like to, aren't you! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom