Daily Show or Colbert Repor(t)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Daily Show or The Colbert Report...which do you like better?

• The Daily Show will always be the best!

Votes: 36 65.5%
  • Stephen Colbert...great host...or greatest host?

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Which do you prefer? The satire in both shows is brilliant.

Jon_Stewart.jpg

or

colbert.gif

Comparing Steven Colbert to Jon Stewart is like comparing Michael Jordan to God.

The Daily Show is unbeatable, but Colbert still kicks major ass.

I'm voting Daily Show because it's had Stewart, Colbert, Carrell, Black, Helms and Rocca on the same show:
...kilelr cast!

though for a rookie, Colbert Report is jammed packed with a certain know-it-all humour, wit and entertainment...they're both alike and yet maintain different styles...:hmm: ....I like them both, Daily Show to me is more classic and I'm defnitely guilty of nostalgia with this show...I started watching it in 9th grade...which is also when I got into politics, good music & movies etc...

I remember in English class we had a daily assignment where we had to watch news and write a summary and our thoughts yada yada yada...I would always write about the most ridiculous segments from the show ....it was obvious the teacher never read them cause I always got perfect scores. My friends never believed me when I said "I saw it on the Daily Show"...well they never believed me this show existed...they probably assumed it was a serious news show...but I remember towards the end of high school my friend was so excited to tell me she saw the host of the Daily Show on some other show exclaiming "I cant believe it's a real show", it was so random she remembered...it seriously was years later :giggle:

Last edited:
Vance DeGeneres :drool:

First time I ever watched the Daily Show, it featured one of Vance's "Tales Of Survival" involving a schnauser/poodle (schnoodle) warning its owner of a snake in the backyard, or something to that effect.

I've been hooked ever since. I love the Colbert Report, Threat Down and Better Know A District are great segments, but it is just too young to stack up to the Daily Show yet. I hope it sticks around for a long time, though, because I can't get enough of it.

That being said, almost nothing on the Daily Show makes me laugh more than Stephen's fear of bears.

Colbert Report...........the humor is a little more bizarre at times.

I've only seen Colbert a couple of times, but the sarcasm is brilliant. That he's playing a character is amazing.

The Daily Show is amazing. I liked it before John Stewart even got there as well. I thought Kilbourn was funny. It's just a well written show.

You must watch more Colbert!

If you become a member of The Colbert Nation you will get 'a-tip-of-my-hat'.

I love The Daily Show too, actually. I think the two shows go together like cookies and milk but if I had to choose one I would have to go with Colbert for the sharp, diamond-cut brilliance of his satire.

Colbert's great, but not as smooth as the Daily Show yet and not as varied (i.e. it's mostly Colbert, while Daily Show has many different personalities contributing). The Word segment can get clunky and, also, Colbert's interviews can get confusing, as on many occasions Stephen goes in and out of character to ask certain questions of the guests.

I've seen nearly every Colbert episode(the first 3 weeks weren't aired in canada) and Daily show for at least 3 years.

For some time now I've wondered if the shows will ever be put into network TV syndication. I used to think South Park was untouchable. Weirdly, I think Colbert will stand up much better in reruns than Stewart.

u2fp

My vote goes for Jon Stewart. Although Colbert Report works perfectly, in all segments except the interviews. I watch both regularly.

At what point exactly did Jon became too self-important? :rolleyes: Out with the old and in with the new I guess. Nevermind that they're both basically created by the same comedy team!

It's a tough choice. The more straight-on but still cutting comedy of the Daily Show, or the subversive and razor sharp satire of Colbert... :hmm: I find myself anticipating both shows equally. I like Stewart's interviews better because he can actually ask really insightful and probing questions and do a fairly straight on interview, whereas Colbert still does the interviews in character and so there's often less substance to them.

When the Colbert Report first started I liked the idea but didn't know if it'd work long term. Steven's got that character down now, though, and The Word is quite possible the funniest 3-4 minutes on TV today.

I'll go ahead and vote Colbert. That man has balls. :up:

Back
Top Bottom