Daily Show or Colbert Repor(t)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Daily Show or The Colbert Report...which do you like better?

• The Daily Show will always be the best!

Votes: 36 65.5%
  • Stephen Colbert...great host...or greatest host?

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters
saw this available as a shirt and sticker, etc. on cafe press:

15059645_240x240_F.jpg

the colbert report suffers from just being colbert making jokes and doing all the commentary until the guest interview. it's funny, but it gets tiresome. the daily show has the advantage of having the fake news feature story to break it up and provide some more variety. i don't want to say stewart is funnier because i'm sure if it was just him like it's just colbert, and colbert had a supporting cast, i'd be saying the exact opposite.

I haven't watched either in a long while, but I caught Amy Sedaris (LOVE HER) on Colbert this week and completely cracked up at their tumbling routine. Bwa!

The Daily Show was my first favorite, and will stay my favorite. :up:

But I've loved Colbert's humor since he was on The Daily Show, and The Word cracks me up every time.

corianderstem said:
I haven't watched either in a long while, but I caught Amy Sedaris (LOVE HER) on Colbert this week and completely cracked up at their tumbling routine. Bwa!

That was hilarious! The one part of Colbert I caught last night :lmao:

I'll be perfectly honest with you folks. Stephen Colbert was always my very favorite part of The Daily Show when he was on it. "This Week in God" just isn't the same without him. That said, it's no surprise than I am absolutely in love with The Colbert Report. I'd say it's already at the point after just one season that took The Daily Show 4 or 5 years to reach.

Lila64 said:
saw this available as a shirt and sticker, etc. on cafe press:

15059645_240x240_F.jpg

there's a shirt on bustedtees now too...I must buy it :drool:

I honestly can't choose. I mean, I'm in love with them both, really. I'd be tempted to go with Colbert just because he's more absurd ("Sure, they could be rebuilding New Orleans, but what if they rebuilt New Orleans out of flags and somebody burnt it?!"), but you can't beat that "I don't even need to say anything because this shit writes itself" look that Jon Stewart gives (wish I could find a pic...do people know what I mean?)

I think for doing the show pretty much all himself, Colbert holds up just fine. I msis him on Daily Show but I'm glad he has his own show - makes for an hour of great TV instead of just a half hour :drool:

Last edited:
pirate colbert :drool: brilliance, I tell you.

thanks for the link :D they're great when they crack each other up, I agree.

Last edited:
Hadn't seen the pirate clip :lol: The guy's one scooch away from being certified - but he is a half a scooch away from being total genius!! :wink: :drool:

niiiice sig :wink:

im doin an avatar :happy:

edit: not the best but...

colbertpirate.jpg

u2dem, if you want it, take it. otherwise I may use it :D

Last edited:
I've tried for the signature - hopefully it came out okay. If U2Democrat wants to make an avatar or signature, I will remove the pic from my siggy, np!

I like the Colbert Report, but I often find myself shutting it off after The Word.

I just cannot decide!!! I think Jon Stewart is better with the interviews, but Colbert is funnier in the first half "comedy" part of his show. And you gotta love "the Word". :lol:

Thank goodness for a double dose of hilarity every night. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom