Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Testje

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FizzingWhizzbees said:
i have a foolish question. y'know in the uk if you're careless with your use of the word coke, for instance "i'm dying for some coke right now" instead of "i'm dying for some coca cola right now" your words may be misinterpreted and friends may be lost and reptuations damaged and so on and so forth.

well, do other languages have that problem or is it purely a uk thing?

In Dutchiespeak, we usually only say 'cola' for the drink. No Coke or Pepsi or whatever. Just 'cola'.

:)

Marty, I might be flying home via Amsterdam when I am back home at Christmas. My bank account is nursing the damage I have done to it by booking a serious amount of flights this month so I am not even thinking about more flights just yet though. It's a maybe at the moment.

Lara Mullen said:
Marty, I might be flying home via Amsterdam when I am back home at Christmas. My bank account is nursing the damage I have done to it by booking a serious amount of flights this month so I am not even thinking about more flights just yet though. It's a maybe at the moment.

:hyper:

*lives close to Amsterdam*

:dance:

Popmartijn said:

*lives close to Amsterdam*

:dance:

I shall email you with the plans that are in place now closer to the time, if I am going to follow them through. :up:

I think those are the plans, I dno't think I imagined that conversation at least. :lol:

Lara Mullen said:
I shall email you with the plans that are in place now closer to the time, if I am going to follow them through. :up:

I think those are the plans, I dno't think I imagined that conversation at least. :lol:

*will wait in front of his mailbox every day the whole day until the end of December*
:D

I am going out with some friends next weekend. It's the first time I have been out to a club since June - I still don't really want to go but she's going to France. I got boring this summer.

I also met a girl I used to go to school with today and I hadn't seen her in 3 years until last Friday when I went to her work (a coffee shop). Today she kept staring down at my stomach (where my hand was) and then snatched my hand and asked where my engagement ring was because I was "acting engaged last week". How can you act engaged by just standing there when someone else is asking for the coffees and you don't open your mouth once??? :der: I said I was in a rush and left after that, I also suspect she thought I might have been pregnant and was trying to see if I had any kind of bump. I never liked her to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom