Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Testje

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FizzingWhizzbees said:

No kidding, I just stared at LS for about five minutes thinking "has someone changed the title of the testje thread, I'm sure it was different this morning."

:reject:

:wave:

You're a mod now?

So much has achanged in my absence.

the soul waits said:
Yeah, imagine all the cat hurr flying around

:lol:

If I didn't know any better I could swear it was you I met. My English was run into the ground and then I couldn't remember how to say grape in French and I was called special. :reject:
Apparently I came across as bright though. I don't know how, the same people heard the story about me losing my passport and not realising and thinking I had won a prize for being Easyjet's one millionth customer, or soemthing like that, when I was called to airport information. :lol:

:|

I am a prat.

:laugh:

I still like you :D
Really thoughj, I couldn't be a mod, it must be demanding enough :up:

:lmao:

Isn't that also a kind of cool slang in the US, look at ma hurr and all that?

I swear I heared Snoop Dogg sing "i got ma hurr in a perm" some time.

I don't know

We just pronounce hair like hurr
And air like err
And lorries like lurries

I also have my own strange way of pronouncing sound, pound and town.

I have a Northern Irish ("Norn Irish") accent.

I also can't pronounce the name Heather, well I can, I just tend to be lazy. I say "Hey-er"

It drives the Heather I know absolutely crazy.

Lara Mullen said:

If I didn't know any better I could swear it was you I met. My English was run into the ground and then I couldn't remember how to say grape in French and I was called special. :reject:
Apparently I came across as bright though. I don't know how, the same people heard the story about me losing my passport and not realising and thinking I had won a prize for being Easyjet's one millionth customer, or soemthing like that, when I was called to airport information. :lol:

:|

I am a prat.

Like this colleague of mine who was also staying in Brussels these past couple of months (and is still staying there). A couple of times he would order something for drinks, like wine or so. And they brought him a beer. He doesn't even like beer. :slant:

The Belgians sure love their beer. :)

i wish there was a website with audio clips of all known accents available.

maybe i could make one. i'd get to travel the world and ask random people to speak into my tape recorder. :hyper:

I can ask for a Diet Coke, in Dutch, now in The Netherlands, Marty

I can ask for between 1 and 11 Diet cokes infact. :D

FizzingWhizzbees said:

maybe i could make one. i'd get to travel the world and ask random people to speak into my tape recorder. :hyper:

:hyper: Can I hold the tape recorder? :hyper:

FizzingWhizzbees said:

The BBC are doing / have done a thing about different phrases around the UK. They might even have done accents. :hmm:

the soul waits said:

:hyper: Can I hold the tape recorder? :hyper:

absolutely. you can even have a grant title, like chief engineer in charge of recording via the medium of tape. Or CEICORVTMOP. That looks like it should mean something in Polish or something.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

absolutely. you can even have a grant title, like chief engineer in charge of recording via the medium of tape. Or CEICORVTMOP. That looks like it should mean something in Polish or something.

:lmao: :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Lara Mullen said:

I can ask for a Diet Coke, in Dutch, now in The Netherlands, Marty

I can ask for between 1 and 11 Diet cokes infact. :D

Isn't a Diet Coke just a Diet Coke here? :eyebrow:
Or is it a Cola Light then?
:shrug:

Anywoh, I don't like cola.
:D

Marty, Marty :tsk:

I can ask for a certain number (up to 11) of diet cokes. That was the important bit. :D

i have a foolish question. y'know in the uk if you're careless with your use of the word coke, for instance "i'm dying for some coke right now" instead of "i'm dying for some coca cola right now" your words may be misinterpreted and friends may be lost and reptuations damaged and so on and so forth.

well, do other languages have that problem or is it purely a uk thing?

I don't know what it was, Fizz. I just read about it a few weeks ago.

Lara Mullen said:
Marty, Marty :tsk:

I can ask for a certain number (up to 11) of diet cokes. That was the important bit. :D

i could manage up to ten just by using my fingers and thumbs. the eleven might be a bit of a problem though.

there's a really obvious joke here and i can't make it because i'm too embarassed. :reject:

I never say coca cola. I would just say coke. I have never had the same problem that you just mentioned. :laugh: But I only ever talk about diet coke because that is all we drink at home. Everything is sugar free.

FizzingWhizzbees said:
i could manage up to ten just by using my fingers and thumbs. the eleven might be a bit of a problem though.

there's a really obvious joke here and i can't make it because i'm too embarassed. :reject:

And you know you can't make the joke because you're not a man. :mac:

Glad to be of help.
:D

FizzingWhizzbees said:
i have a foolish question. y'know in the uk if you're careless with your use of the word coke, for instance "i'm dying for some coke right now" instead of "i'm dying for some coca cola right now" your words may be misinterpreted and friends may be lost and reptuations damaged and so on and so forth.

well, do other languages have that problem or is it purely a uk thing?

In Dutch, we say Cola, so it's not a problem here :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom