Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Testje

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lara Mullen said:
I have started drinking beer recently. Today it is Carlsberg because our visitor likes this beer.

Last weekend because of having another different visitor I guzzled quite a lot of wine.

I think I have 2 bottles of vodka and malibu in my room that I was given for my birthday and never touched. We should have a big party and use it all up. :hmm:

Beer! :drool:
Wine! :drool:
Vodka! :drool:

Alcohol! :drunk:

*had some rose wine with his dinner*

And oh, :up: for starting with beer. :D

the spanish people (who are english teachers) who i have had to deal with lately are really hard to understand. everytime i keep asking when my first day is and where i need to go and who i have to meet i keep being told "worry, do not worry, the boss is called pepe, the boss is called pepe". today i was told the boss is really called jose maria and to "bring lots of maps of my beautiful landscape for the pupils" and to "come a little bit earlier than you do". i do think it would actually be easier if they let me speak to them in spanish.

wasn't there a cat in that bar we went to, marty?

i think i was the only one who seemed preoccupied by that fact, i got a little worried when i thought it had ran under our table. :lol:

U bent lief! :sexywink:

My Dutch has improved since then though. I keep asking for lessons but I am a lazy pupil. After a few minutes I will say I am bored and move on to something else. :D

I missed you all here. :heart:

Too bad I have to go again soon. :angry:

the soul waits said:
:reject:
Yeah, now that you mention it, I see people with their dog in the occasional café, yes.

But, cats? That's just weird :hmm:

It is? Well, it was the house-cat (or whatever you call it, the cat that belongs to the bar). It's not like outside people bringing their cats with them when they go to a bar.

Or is it, Laura? :crazy:

Lara Mullen said:
wasn't there a cat in that bar we went to, marty?

i think i was the only one who seemed preoccupied by that fact, i got a little worried when i thought it had ran under our table. :lol:

Yes there was. :)

Most of us just ignored it/him/her. After all, it's just a cat. :shrug:

:D

Lara Mullen said:
U bent lief! :sexywink:

My Dutch has improved since then though. I keep asking for lessons but I am a lazy pupil. After a few minutes I will say I am bored and move on to something else. :D

Wow, you are talking quite formal now. I think most of the Dutchies rarely use 'U' when talking to someone (the English doesn't really have this formal form, as it is 'you' all the time. In Spanish it'd be 'ustéd'). You may say 'jij' or 'je'. :)

:kiss:

I think they belonged to the owners. It was just weird to see animals prowling around. I thought this was really interesting. I kept being told it was really normal. I also wanted to go on the tram. I was told it was just like being on the bus and we weren't going on one. :(

It was especially weird to see a cat in the irish bar, you don't see them here. The girl was pleased when I asked for a Magners though, she was from the south. :up:

Shops also open late in Amsterdam. And on the Sunday morning, the day we met you Marty, we were the only sinners walking about. :down:

Lara Mullen said:
the spanish people (who are english teachers) who i have had to deal with lately are really hard to understand. everytime i keep asking when my first day is and where i need to go and who i have to meet i keep being told "worry, do not worry, the boss is called pepe, the boss is called pepe". today i was told the boss is really called jose maria and to "bring lots of maps of my beautiful landscape for the pupils" and to "come a little bit earlier than you do". i do think it would actually be easier if they let me speak to them in spanish.

I remember when I was having my internship in Spain. I was in Cordobá and one of my co-workers tried to talk to me in English. I had no idea what he was talking about (later it turned out he was talking about movies and Martin Scorcese, but pronounced completely different). I think that in the end I asked him to talk in Spanish, because then I could understand him. :slant:

Popmartijn said:

Wow, you are talking quite formal now. I think most of the Dutchies rarely use 'U' when talking to someone (the English doesn't really have this formal form, as it is 'you' all the time. In Spanish it'd be 'ustéd'). You may say 'jij' or 'je'. :)

:kiss:

Oh, right!

That dutch site gives you formal phrases then :D

Except it says aardig and not lief, I learnt lief last week. :up:

Lara Mullen said:
Oh, right!

That dutch site gives you formal phrases then :D

Except it says aardig and not lief, I learnt lief last week. :up:

Sweeeeet! :heart:

BTW, there's nothing wrong with 'aardig' either, but 'lief', it's like the difference between 'nice' and 'love'.

:cute:

Uhm, that's just a phrase here. :laugh:

I mean, we were the only people actually walking in Amsterdam at like 8.45am in the morning and I kept being told to "hurry up" so we could make the train. My legs were run off me hurrying up.

Lara Mullen said:
I think they belonged to the owners. It was just weird to see animals prowling around. I thought this was really interesting. I kept being told it was really normal. I also wanted to go on the tram. I was told it was just like being on the bus and we weren't going on one. :(

Completely correct.
It's just the same.
Only the tracks are set for a tram.
:)

Lara Mullen said:
Uhm, that's just a phrase here. :laugh:

I mean, we were the only people actually walking in Amsterdam at like 8.45am in the morning and I kept being told to "hurry up" so we could make the train. My legs were run off me hurrying up.

Well, yeah. 8:45 AM on a Sunday morning is an unholy time. You're still supposed to be in bed then.

Or on your way of going to bed. :)

Popmartijn said:

Sweeeeet! :heart:

BTW, there's nothing wrong with 'aardig' either, but 'lief', it's like the difference between 'nice' and 'love'.

:cute:

Goed!

I am not told these things. I was told aardig was formal.

Please don't ruin the tram experience, too. :D

Popmartijn said:

It is? Well, it was the house-cat (or whatever you call it, the cat that belongs to the bar). It's not like outside people bringing their cats with them when they go to a bar.

Or is it, Laura? :crazy:

Felix, the housecat :lol:

I see what you mean, Marty. I'd hardly expect people to walk around in the city with their cat on a leash and then go for some tea.
:lmao:

Popmartijn said:

Well, yeah. 8:45 AM on a Sunday morning is an unholy time. You're still supposed to be in bed then.

Or on your way of going to bed. :)

I think I might have muttered something about it being an ungoldy hour too but not in such erudite terms. :up:

Lara Mullen said:
Goed!

I am not told these things. I was told aardig was formal.

Well, most of the time you're still a bit more reserved to people you like, who are nice, than to the people you love. :)

Please don't ruin the tram experience, too. :D

FizzingWhizzbees said:
No kidding, I just stared at LS for about five minutes thinking "has someone changed the title of the testje thread, I'm sure it was different this morning."

:mac:

the soul waits said:

Felix, the housecat :lol:

I see what you mean, Marty. I'd hardly expect people to walk around in the city with their cat on a leash and then go for some tea.
:lmao:

:lol:

We don't have a thing like house cats here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom