D12 Rapper Shot Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I just heard about this on the news :(

Rap star Proof shot dead in Detroit nightclub
(Tuesday April 11, 2006 06:40 PM)

CHICAGO (AFP) - Rap star Proof, a founding member of D-12 and close friend of Eminem, was shot dead at a Detroit nightclub, his publicist said.

DeShaun Holton was killed after a fight broke out at Club CCC on 8 Mile Road, the street memorialized in Eminem's quasi-autobiographical film. Holton had a small role in the film as a rapper who made Eminem's character choke during an early battle scene.

The character "Future" portrays the influence Proof, who hosted battles at Maurice Malone's Hip Hop Shop, had in helping Eminem rise to fame.

Holton, who was the best man at Eminem's January wedding, recently released a solo album, Searching for Jerry Garcia on his Iron Fist Records label.

In an eerie irony, Holton's character was shot and killed in Eminem's Like Toy Soldiers video which warns against hip-hop wars escalating into violence.

This was the second shooting involving Detroit rap stars in recent months. Obi Trice was shot in the head while driving in Detroit with his girlfriend on New Year's Eve. The bullet remains lodged in his skull but Trice has recovered and is working on a new album.

Police would not confirm that Holton was the victim, but they said a 32-year-old man was killed after he was shot in the head when a fight broke out about 4 am. He was carried into a car and but was dead when he arrived at the hospital. A 35-year-old man who was also shot remains in hospital in critical condition, police said.

Police have no suspects in custody and are in the process of investigating a number of leads, Sergeant Omar Feliciano said.

"Memorial service arrangements are still being made, and his family and friends would appreciate privacy during this difficult time," publicist Dennis Dennehy of Proof's Interscope Records said in a statement.

Dennehy could not confirm the identity of the second man who was shot but said rumors that D-12 member Bizarre was involved were false. He was home in Atlanta, Georgia at the time.

IWB...comments like that are NOT cool. I don't care if it was a joke. Completely tasteless.

I was sad to hear this news. There's been lots of coverage of this by me, since it's Detroit news.

Oh, and I also heard on the news this morning that they are now saying that Proof was the first to draw a gun, and he fired the first shot. :sigh:

pfft. whatever.

Proof asked for it by carrying around an assault weapon in the first place. and he most likely fired the first shot. i don't feel bad for him at all.

You live by the Gun, You die by the Gun. He made his choice and he payed for it.

The news this morning said that they have a suspect in custody. It was also said that Proof had been involved in three different disputes that night. After one of the disputes, which involved a game of pool, Proof took out his gun, fired one shot in the air, and then fired at someone. :sigh: So senseless.

Back
Top Bottom