d&g - DESCRIBE & Gabbana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^ yeah, i can do that for b2. fire away.

^ i have to take the SAT subject tests on the day of my show :huh: :| there's no way in hell i'll be able to focus.

funny thing is, the first time we played live it was the day of the SATs too :confused:

sorry... we have bad weather right now so my connection keeps dying.

Redkat, VG and disco - I appreciate this alot.
It's more of a generalised question about what it involves - I looked on the collegeboard website and tried the practice questions they have and found them to be quite straightforward, but is the test actually anything like that or is it a whole lot more difficult? What areas does it test you on (sciences/maths/lit. etc)?
Also, how is it marked and what are the grade boundaries?

^thats pretty harsh. she couldve waited til the day after at least. :huh:

^^yeah, I can't really answer any of those questions, except to say that when we did practice tests for the PSAT I missed like 3 questions out of 120. the actual thing was much much more difficult.

hopefully disco can give you a better idea.

looks like im being kicked off the computer, bye guys :hug:

I REALLY could have done better on my SAT :tsk:

I remember having fun through the whole thing. Talking to the people around me. Likely flirting....I needed to be slapped!

^^^^ the test is divided into 3 parts: math, critical reading, and writing. math is math, and i think it has algebra 1 on it. critical reading is critical reading, and writing has both the multiple choice and essay. i know that some schools will disregard your writing score, taking the math and critical reading scores and scoring it like the old sat.

the grades for each test go to 800, and the essay is scored out of 12 points -- two different people give you a grade of 1-6, and the totals are added up. i did pretty badly on the essay but still did well overall. the essay is usually a really vague topic, and all they want to see is if you can organize a few paragraphs with topic sentences and evidence and all that.

i haven't tried the practice tests online, but the test itself isn't so bad. its really really fucking long (4+ hours), and it's divided up into a bunch of sections -- you do a math section first, then a writing, then a reading, then a math again, and another writing, and so on.

^^ yeah, well i kicked her ass on the sat so :madspit:

^ slapped? :sexywink:

^ oh man, i was at a gas station saturday night, and there were like 4 girls in this car, and i guess they were going to a haloween party b/c they were all dressed up. . . this one girl came out to pump the gas, she had a really tight referee shirt on (you know, black & white stripes), and a REALLY short skirt, and one of those lace things around her thigh that strippers have. . . :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

^
clearly very excited by this experience :giggle:

And the subject tests.... what are they like? Similar, just in more depth?

^ i haven't taken the subject tests yet, but their an hour long each. i hear the Literature test isn't too bad, but hthe other ones are pretty hard.

^
last track played = one of the main songs I associate with my childhood

< does sleep, but just not sleeping so good recently

^ b2, do you think I'll like it? I wasn't all that impressed with the samples on amazon. But that may not mean anything. I do like the new wave genre for the most part. Not a great fan of punk though.

^
doesn't know I was referring to Oasis' 'Wonderwall'

zoot, I didn't read through the entire thread, so I don't know what else you mentioned about the material you like by Joy Division. It fascinates me somewhat as an album because, in places, it seems to encapture how Ian Curtis was at that time so well (sort of in the way that 'Slide Away' did for Hutch, but on a more intense level). Honestly? I don't think it's the kind of album which I would have gone for had that not caught my attention. For these reasons, i'm probably not the most qualified person to advise you :)

^ Well I like Depeche Mode, Tears For Fears, Duran Duran, New Order etc. so maybe I should give them a try. :hmm:

^^ redkat, that's so cool! I've gotta check out this Audioscrobbler thing.

^
it's odd how statistics can actually be so addictive :|

I actually reset my statistics a few months ago because I thought they were too U2/Coldplay dominated. Now they're more U2 dominated than ever :happy:

Back
Top Bottom