cute dog thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liesje said:

Hehe!

Actually, they do hit a second period of socialization where they can start to become really hyper and/or exhibit fearfulness even when they were calm and complacent as a puppy. A lot of people call it their doggy adolescence because like teen kids they can do a total 180 and get really bad. As long as they get their puppy manners classes and beginner obedience underway, it's not a big deal.

Thank you for the heads up :). Going to have to look into the classes. I remember how my mom felt when my siblings and I hit are our teen years. Scares me to think about going through those moments with my "baby: :yikes: :lol:

BonosBaby12 said:

Thank you for the heads up :). Going to have to look into the classes. I remember how my mom felt when my siblings and I hit are our teen years. Scares me to think about going through those moments with my "baby: :yikes: :lol:

Yup the classes (any class) is a great idea! We encourage it and often require the owners be signed up before they can complete the adoption of their dog. Even if the trainer isn't the best and the dog doesn't learn a lot of commands, the classes give them an opportunity to learn what behaviors are socially acceptable among other dogs and strangers. Dogs are pack animals and once they are removed from their "pack" as a puppy, they need someone to socialize them otherwise they get stuck in an unnatural state of fear/low-confidence or overly assertive/dominant behaviors. Unfortunately, we see this very often in small toy dogs because they are so small and cute they get treated more like people than a dog. Also, toy dogs get held and carried a lot and holding them at the wrong times reinforces their insecurities and fearful behaviors. Puppy manners classes or basic obedience classes give the dog and opportunity to...be a dog! Also, crate training is key with every dog, often overlooked with toy dogs, but it's really a must for every dog. Even if you don't intend to crate them, they still need crate training as a way to learn boundaries and also have a space that is their own haven (when trained properly, the dog sees his crate as HIS happy place and willingly goes in and out). I recommend crate training until proper crate behaviors are achieved and then you can relax and let the dog sleep in the bed, on the couch, etc. Crate training gives you the chance to claim your furniture so that if there ever is a time you don't want Doggy on the bed, you can ask him to get off without a fight and a bite.

And I can't say enough how cute he is! I love his coloring.

Thanks, Justin. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I'm also against ALL BSL AND the spay/neuter bill they're trying to pass in Cali. Nothing good will come of either!

Also, you'd be surprised at how many people don't even know what an American Pit Bull Terrier really is, but yet they're happy to blame dog attacks on "pit bulls" like nobody's business. Check out this link before saying "a pit bull was responsible for that bite."

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

Justin24 said:
:sigh:

My vicious beast..
babytongue19.jpg

puppytongue215.jpg

doggyyawn.gif

Ban them! BANNN!

JCOSTER said:

Kaf thats some tongue on your doggie. When he gives you a lick does he wipe your face off?
It's a she :sexywink: And yes.. yes she does, she's a kissy-monster. That's how she mauls people, you see. She licks their faces clean off. Terrifying really. I fear for my life on a daily basis :uhoh:

Liesje said:
Thanks, Justin. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I'm also against ALL BSL AND the spay/neuter bill they're trying to pass in Cali. Nothing good will come of either!

Also, you'd be surprised at how many people don't even know what an American Pit Bull Terrier really is, but yet they're happy to blame dog attacks on "pit bulls" like nobody's business. Check out this link before saying "a pit bull was responsible for that bite."

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

I know, one of my friends has one and he's the sweetest/cowardly dog....but my dogs are cuter
:wink:

kafrun said:

It's a she :sexywink: And yes.. yes she does, she's a kissy-monster. That's how she mauls people, you see. She licks their faces clean off. Terrifying really. I fear for my life on a daily basis :uhoh:

I have one of those too, he would lick my contact lenses right outta my eyes if I let him. I usually catch him just in time. Thank God at my age my reflexes are still quick. :laugh:

i think the cutest dogs are bernese mountain dogs

bernese-mountain-dog-picture.jpg

:cute:

anybody else like bernese mountain dogs?

The bernese mountain dog is a lovely breed. I mean, I love my two shih tzus, but if I was ever to get a new purebred, it would be a bernese mountain dog.

http://forum.interference.com/misc.php?s=&action=faq&page=5#31:
What constitutes a post or thread worthy of being closed, deleted, or edited by the forum moderators?

Topics that are dragged on or 'bumped' up for no legitmate reason or to start a fight/get a rise out of people...etc.

also, this thread is right at the 500 post limit. a new thread can be started ONLY if none of the u2man drama is brought into the new thread. if any of the previous stuff is brought into a new thread, it'll be closed as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom