cute dog thread - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2007, 06:29 PM   #346
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:19 AM

CALVERT, Md. (AP) - Toby, a 2-year-old golden retriever, saw his owner choking on a piece of fruit and began jumping up and down on the woman's chest. The dog's owner believes the dog was trying to perform the Heimlich maneuver and saved her life.

Debbie Parkhurst, 45, of Calvert told the Cecil Whig she was eating an apple at her home Friday when a piece lodged in her throat. She attempted to perform the Heimlich maneuver on herself but it didn't work. After she began beating on her chest, she said Toby noticed and got involved.

"The next think I know, Toby's up on his hind feet and he's got his front paws on my shoulders," she recalled. "He pushed me to the ground, and once I was on my back, he began jumping up and down on my chest."

That's when the apple dislodged and Toby started licking her face to keep her from passing out, she said.

"I literally have pawprint-shaped bruises on my chest. I'm still a little hoarse, but otherwise, I'm OK," Parkhurst said.

"The doctor said I probably wouldnt be here without Toby," said Parkhurst, a jewelry artist. "I keep looking at him and saying 'You're amazing.'"

Old 03-27-2007, 08:15 PM   #347
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by PlaTheGreat

This is for U2Man.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:57 PM   #348
ONE
love, blood, life

OMG, they are gorgeous! The look a little like Knut the polar bear.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:59 PM   #349
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
CALVERT, Md. (AP) - Toby, a 2-year-old golden retriever, saw his owner choking on a piece of fruit and began jumping up and down on the woman's chest. The dog's owner believes the dog was trying to perform the Heimlich maneuver and saved her life.

Debbie Parkhurst, 45, of Calvert told the Cecil Whig she was eating an apple at her home Friday when a piece lodged in her throat. She attempted to perform the Heimlich maneuver on herself but it didn't work. After she began beating on her chest, she said Toby noticed and got involved.

"The next think I know, Toby's up on his hind feet and he's got his front paws on my shoulders," she recalled. "He pushed me to the ground, and once I was on my back, he began jumping up and down on my chest."

That's when the apple dislodged and Toby started licking her face to keep her from passing out, she said.

"I literally have pawprint-shaped bruises on my chest. I'm still a little hoarse, but otherwise, I'm OK," Parkhurst said.

"The doctor said I probably wouldnt be here without Toby," said Parkhurst, a jewelry artist. "I keep looking at him and saying 'You're amazing.'"

That is unbelievable. When I was sick a few weeks ago, my golden did not leave the side of my bed, not even to go out an potty. He only went to potty when someone came home and they could take him. I love him soooo much!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:52 PM   #350
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:19 PM
Penny never hangs out in my room but when I'm sick she'll lie right next to my bed for hours at a time. She also knows when I'm feeling blue. She'll come and nudge my hand or follow me around the house.

Penny
Old 03-27-2007, 11:11 PM   #351
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:19 PM
We had a Great Pyrenees (named Bailey) who would let my mum lean on him when she was a bit unsteady walking. He would also come running over to her, no matter how much he wanted to run off and play with the other dog if she would make crying noises. It was as if he knew she needed him.

He never did stuff like that for me. I could cry all I wanted and he would just look at me like "Quit your crying, you sissy!"
Old 03-28-2007, 08:10 AM   #352
Blue Crack Addict

AW! I love Pyrs, they are so pretty! One of the last great working breeds still doing it's original job in many parts of the world. My co-worker had two champions that died over Christmas and she just picked up her new Pyr pups on Sunday. She did mention they are one of those "one person" breeds, so her and her husband each have one.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:41 AM   #353
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
We had a Great Pyrenees (named Bailey) who would let my mum lean on him when she was a bit unsteady walking. He would also come running over to her, no matter how much he wanted to run off and play with the other dog if she would make crying noises. It was as if he knew she needed him.

He never did stuff like that for me. I could cry all I wanted and he would just look at me like "Quit your crying, you sissy!"
Pyrenees are such beautiful dogs! Good name too
Old 03-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #354
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

What kills me about the story as well was that the dog ate the piece of apple...
Old 03-28-2007, 09:57 AM   #355
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I haven't exploited my dog in awhile...

@ Graduation

Bailey's First Protest
Old 03-28-2007, 10:04 AM   #356
ONE
love, blood, life

You guys are soooo cute. Like your shirt Mia!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:25 AM   #357
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Thanks JC!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:26 PM   #358
Blue Crack Addict

Bailey's so cute and has such a smart look about him. Do you guys do any rally or agility?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:33 PM   #359
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Thanks! I'm a proud mom

He hasn't taken anything but an obedience courseN, but I think this summer I'm going to sign him up. I've already trained him to run through tunnels and to jump over walls. Now I'm trying to get him to jump through hoops in the air.

I also heard of a "herding" school, where he would get to use his natural instincts. I think I'm going to get him into agility first before herding.

What is rally?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #360
Blue Crack Addict

Here is my Bella