cute dog thread - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #271
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
redhotswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Waiting for this madness to end.
Posts: 5,846
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Aww, Abby is so adorable!
__________________

__________________
redhotswami is offline  
Old 01-21-2007, 06:07 PM   #272
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 05:50 AM
Beagles

Here's Penny as a puppy nearly 11 years ago:

__________________

__________________
Tiger Edge is offline  
Old 01-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #273
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
angelordevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Inside a sound
Posts: 5,827
Local Time: 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by PlaTheGreat
Beagles

Here's Penny as a puppy nearly 11 years ago:

Cute! Here are some pics of Coco, my doggie...








__________________
angelordevil is offline  
Old 01-21-2007, 09:40 PM   #274
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 10:50 AM
Aww, Coco looks so at home in the snow...

Anyone else find that their dog absolutely hates those snow boots for keeping ice out of their paws? Our pug is too old nowadays to be outdoors long enough to need them, but it used to be just hilarious watching his reaction to having them put on--he'd arch his back, splay all four legs out as if he were walking on skis, snort loudly and indignantly, then avenge himself once we got him outside by repeatedly slipping his collar (pugs excel at that on account of all those skin folds).
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 01-21-2007, 10:25 PM   #275
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
angelordevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Inside a sound
Posts: 5,827
Local Time: 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by yolland
Aww, Coco looks so at home in the snow...

Anyone else find that their dog absolutely hates those snow boots for keeping ice out of their paws? Our pug is too old nowadays to be outdoors long enough to need them, but it used to be just hilarious watching his reaction to having them put on--he'd arch his back, splay all four legs out as if he were walking on skis, snort loudly and indignantly, then avenge himself once we got him outside by repeatedly slipping his collar (pugs excel at that on account of all those skin folds).
I think your pug must be related to Coco, at least attitude-wise. She's acted the same way when I've tried to put little dog sweaters and coats on her. She gets highly offended, and won't move, while looking me straight in the eye. Needless to say, I've given up on trying to keep her warm. I've never tried boots, but I can only imagine the turmoil those would bring...I should try it for my own amusement!

Actually, it's funny that you mention them, because she had 'frozen paw issues' for the first time in her five years just yesterday. When we went for a walk, the temperature was hovering just around freezing, and it was very slushy. Every so often, she'd lift her paw up and curl it towards her. It took me a while to catch on, but I eventually picked her up and warmed her paws with my hands. She normally loves the outside, however, and craves walks and hikes. Whenever I mention "leash" or "walk" she'll instantly bolt around the house in mad circles...it's really something to see.
__________________
angelordevil is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 09:19 AM   #276
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 04:50 AM
I took some pics at the in-laws this weekend. This is my husband and his 10 year old ASCOB Cocker Spaniel Sammy.

He was trying to hide b/c he was going to get his ears cleaned (he has a yeast infection in his ears)




__________________
Liesje is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 09:23 AM   #277
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 04:50 AM
The cocker is not really my type of dog, but he is cute and pretty well behaved. This is my uncle's dog Della. She's more my style











She's a great dog. Not a house pet for sure (she tried to eat my cats), but she does her jobs (retrieving and doing patrol) extremely well.
__________________
Liesje is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 09:25 AM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
redhotswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Waiting for this madness to end.
Posts: 5,846
Local Time: 04:50 AM
aww what sweet dogs! ya know, ive only ever had aussies. and i have to say, i always have this initial shock when i first see dogs with tails i sometimes forget they exist!
__________________
redhotswami is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 09:37 AM   #279
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Well, Sammy is cropped but you can't tell from the pics. He's got a little bob-tail that's always wagging. Personally, I prefer tails unless there's a compelling reason for having it docked (like an injury or Happy Tail, or the terriers and gun dogs like Sammy that have longer hair and are required to move lower to the ground through thorns and thick brush).
__________________
Liesje is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 10:29 AM   #280
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Souly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,039
Local Time: 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by PlaTheGreat

Helping me study for a final:


Penny is amazing.
__________________
Souly is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 10:47 AM   #281
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
redhotswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Waiting for this madness to end.
Posts: 5,846
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje
Well, Sammy is cropped but you can't tell from the pics. He's got a little bob-tail that's always wagging. Personally, I prefer tails unless there's a compelling reason for having it docked (like an injury or Happy Tail, or the terriers and gun dogs like Sammy that have longer hair and are required to move lower to the ground through thorns and thick brush).
Do you know why some dogs tails are docked (besides the ones you mentioned)? I have no idea why aussies are. But yeah, that little stub wag is the cutest!

Here is Bailey again, sleeping like a baby.

__________________
redhotswami is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 11:38 AM   #282
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by redhotswami


Do you know why some dogs tails are docked (besides the ones you mentioned)? I have no idea why aussies are. But yeah, that little stub wag is the cutest!

Here is Bailey again, sleeping like a baby.

He's so pretty!! I've never been a huge Aussie fan, but they are really growing on me and the ones with brown variations like Bailey are my fave.

I'm not sure why Aussies are normally docked. It's probably because a long time ago, someone decided to dock them, and they've been docked every since. Now, if they were left undocked, it would be unclear as to how to judge the tails, since the tail has always been docked and the breed standard doesn't take it into account. Does that make sense? The breeders have worked for a long time to get the perfect dogs, in appearance, function, and genetics, and since they've never bred for tails, they wouldn't be able to control it and ensure the tail is without genetic defect (if it's possible).

My guess is maybe they were originally docked because of their longer hair get caught in things. However, it has always surprised me that a herding dog would have a docked tail since tails help with balance and agility. Border collies also have longer hair, move even lower to the ground than Aussies, and keep their tails, so I'm not sure what function the docked tail has for a herding dog. Like Borders, Aussies excel at agility, so apparently they docked tail isn't a hindrance. As long as it's done properly (it must be done when they are newborns, before they fully develop their nerves, so it won't hurt), I guess it's just part of being an Aussie!
__________________
Liesje is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 12:06 PM   #283
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
redhotswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Waiting for this madness to end.
Posts: 5,846
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje


He's so pretty!! I've never been a huge Aussie fan, but they are really growing on me and the ones with brown variations like Bailey are my fave.

I'm not sure why Aussies are normally docked. It's probably because a long time ago, someone decided to dock them, and they've been docked every since. Now, if they were left undocked, it would be unclear as to how to judge the tails, since the tail has always been docked and the breed standard doesn't take it into account. Does that make sense? The breeders have worked for a long time to get the perfect dogs, in appearance, function, and genetics, and since they've never bred for tails, they wouldn't be able to control it and ensure the tail is without genetic defect (if it's possible).

My guess is maybe they were originally docked because of their longer hair get caught in things. However, it has always surprised me that a herding dog would have a docked tail since tails help with balance and agility. Border collies also have longer hair, move even lower to the ground than Aussies, and keep their tails, so I'm not sure what function the docked tail has for a herding dog. Like Borders, Aussies excel at agility, so apparently they docked tail isn't a hindrance. As long as it's done properly (it must be done when they are newborns, before they fully develop their nerves, so it won't hurt), I guess it's just part of being an Aussie!
Aww thanks!! He is a Red Merle, but he was the first one I've ever seen. Buster, my other, was a Blue Merle. I love the Merles, and I love Led Zeppelin, so I always want Merles so I can sing Bron y Aur Stomp to them.

That's why I asked, beacuse you're right, the other herding dogs have tails. So...I you're probably right, back in the day somebody probably thought it looked hot, and people stuck with it. So now it has carried on.

Thanks for the info though! You were more helpful than Bailey. I tried asking him and he burped.
__________________
redhotswami is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 03:07 PM   #284
ONE
love, blood, life
 
BonosBaby12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East Coast girl living in Chi-Town
Posts: 14,889
Local Time: 03:50 AM
Pla your beagle is soooooo precious! Awwwwww Beagles are my absolute favorite dogs

Just how cute are Coco,Sammy, and Bailey?!

Thanks for the compliments everyone on Abbey
__________________
BonosBaby12 is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 03:23 PM   #285
ONE
love, blood, life
 
JessicaAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Milwaukee, WI (USA)
Posts: 11,743
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Please meet Lady ...

Sleeping:


Dressed as a bumblebee for halloween:



With her doggie cousin Woody:
__________________

__________________
JessicaAnn is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com