Cursing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you swear?

• Yeah, like a wounded pirate

Votes: 37 39.8%
  • Yes, but never to curse someone out

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Yes, but only occasionally

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • Yes, but only if it's a really bad situation (hurting yourself, etc.)

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • No, I try not to, but I could care less if others do

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • No, and it makes me uncomfortable when others do it

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • No, and I'll confront anyone who does in public

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a loser and won't choose any of the options, but I want to see the results anyways

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Just curious how people are with cursing in everyday life.

Vote in the poll above and post why you voted the way you did. :)

The two biggest thing that people like about me is that I am a complete virgin and I never swear. :) I find swearing distasteful. No one has ever heard me swear because I have never done it.

I voted for #3. I generally try to remain a fairly eloquent speaker, but, especially when I get mad, I will start swearing every other word...lol. Aside from anger, you'll rarely hear a swear word uttered from me.

Melon

Can I say that I'm a wounded pirate but only occasionally?

Yes, I swear. I can put a truck driver to shame. But, I don't swear on a daily basis or in every conversation I have. It also depends on who I'm talking to. If its someone who normally doesn't curse, I try not to. However, if its someone like my mom or my sister who belong in the pottymouth hall of fame, I'll let it fly.

I DO NOT swear in front of my grandmother

I don't swear at family gatherings

I *try* not to say fuck in front of my kids but it slips

I never, ever lose control and curse someone out...well, maybe twice in my whole life.

I DO curse badly when I'm alone in my car. A certain word that starts with the letter c and ends in "sucker" flies out almost uncontrollably if someone cuts me off. Its not pretty and I'm not proud of my filthy mouth :reject:

hehe...I might add that Doozer is a CHAMPIONSHIP cusser :yikes:

Currently it's: "Yes, but never to curse someone out."

But somedays it's: "Yeah, like a wounded pirate."

I ain't got no problem with people cursing but it does fell weird when I'm with my parents and someone curses. :huh:

I've given up caffeine, I've given up eating meat, but I can't stop swearing. Been doing it since the fourth grade. My roommate and I used to joke about the cloud of profanity that surely hung over our house. And when my sister and I get together, it's even worse and more creative. I even swear in front of my parents, because they don't give a :censored:. :wink:

yep - wounded pirate. I've turned into one of those people who can incorporate 'shit' into every sentence I say... i'm not proud of it either...

Wounded pirate here - but never in front of anyone I think it might offend, and not in public places where the general public can hear it clearly.

#2...wounded pirate but I never cuss anyone out. I have to watch my mouth at work, so when I'm not at work, I just don't watch it at all.

Definitely a wounded pirate but I never swear at anyone, except my sister who swears at me when we get into a fight....which is a lot. I've only said fuck in front of my parents once about a year ago and I wanted to run away and hide. But otherwise the words just fly out and I don't even realize it half the time. It doesn't help either that everyone swears like a wounded pirate at my work.

Another wounded pirate.

I've gotten better over the past year or so because I use to swear a lot in casual conversation. Now that I have numerous face to face conversations, with customers, on a daily basis, I've had to learn to not use fuck for every other word.

Yeah, I have to watch it when I'm in public. It's just so easy...hell I'm so used to cursing that I'm shocked when people are bleeped on TV or songs are edited on the radio. I always catch myself thinking "Now what the fuck was that for?" :wink:

I do, probably much more than I should. :D

I come by it honestly though. I had dinner with my grandmother the other night and she was talking about a friend of mine who swears like a sailor, and my grandmother went on to say, "her favourite word is fuck."

There was silence all around the table. :wink:

On a first date with a guy, he told me I cussed like a sailor. :reject: Luckily, he was attracted to that. :lmao: :heart:

While I like to let the expletives fly, I can control myself in situations where I have to, such as at work.

Oh...I really have to watch the swearing in front of Dad...even though I'm 22, he still gets a bit peeved by it. I was on the phone with a friend one day...not realizing Dad was behind me...

Me: *on the phone* "Yeah, so I told that fucking bitch..."

Dad: "You told that WHAT???"

Me: :ohmy: :uhoh: :reject:

I don't swear often, and when I do, it's just harmless little words like "damn" and "hell". When I get really irritated/angry, I'll say some of the worse ones.

And I don't swear in front of family or authoritative figures (like teachers).

*fond memories of TheWanderer's 'FUCK' thread.* Ah, those were the days.

Ahem, I curse like a fucking sailor, but not a pirate; I don't curse people out. Except my closest friends, because they don't care. But I've never cursed in front of my parents. And I will not say anything lewd, obscene, or use any mild or strong oaths directed at others in a raised voice/serious situation.

Back
Top Bottom