Curse the snow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:
Some of these are surely repeats.

<snip>

I was therefore pleasantly surprised to read in the bulletin of the American Meteorological Society that matching snow crystals were recently discovered by Nancy Knight of the National Center for Atmospheric Research. The crystals in question admittedly aren't flakes in the usual sense but rather hollow hexagonal prisms. They are also not absolutely identical, but come on, if you insist on getting down to the molecular level, nothing's identical.
[/B]

"surely" repeats? "aren't flakes" ...

I dunno.. sounds like they're stretching it here :sexywink:

Hewson said:
I departed the North Shore at 6:30 AM for my normal 40 minute commute to East Boston. I arrived at my office promptly at 11AM.
The worst commute I have ever experienced by a loooooong shot.

omg this is horrible!!! :(

oliveu2cm said:

"surely" repeats? "aren't flakes" ...

I dunno.. sounds like they're stretching it here :sexywink:

i bet you still believe in santa clause too

sometimes you just gonna move past a thought you have held on to for so long so dearly, yes it hurts, but in the long run you are better off for it

:sexywink:

Chizip said:

i bet you still believe in santa clause too

sometimes you just gonna move past a thought you have held on to for so long so dearly, yes it hurts, but in the long run you are better off for it

:sexywink:

leave santa outta this

Avsgirl is from Colorado, I'm putting my money on her. :wink:

so young, so naive

i wish i still possessed that sweet innocence that still prevails so deep inside of you

Sicy said:
I never see snow. Ever :|

lucky you. you're not missing much. I hate it :grumpy:

What's your address? I'll go out to my front yard and put some in a bottle for you and send it out to you. I think I can spare some :wink:

In all the years I was in elementary school, our school board never ONCE closed. It was pathetic. We'd listen by the radio and hear, 'Peel Board: Closed. Durham Board: Closed. York Catholic Separate: Open for Business.' And my parents would MAKE me go, because I lived a 3-5 minute walk from the school.

Nevermind that the buses were cancelled so there'd be 5 kids in the class....most of the time we got sent home anyway. But was it worth all that trouble?

Same thing in Uni. UofT NEVER closes. And 90% of students commute. Meanwhile, McMaster, like 80% live on campus, and they close at least twice a winter.

SNOW!!

yikes hewson, that sucks

what's worse than slipping and ripping the right knee of your jeans? why, slipping on that same patch of ice only hours later and ripping the left knee :reject:

oliveu2cm said:

leave santa outta this

Avsgirl is from Colorado, I'm putting my money on her. :wink:

See, Chizip, it's stacked against you.

Just like the weight of the billions of all the unique snowflakes in the world. :sexywink:

IWasBored said:
yikes hewson, that sucks

what's worse than slipping and ripping the right knee of your jeans? why, slipping on that same patch of ice only hours later and ripping the left knee :reject:

I hope that it wasn't a pair of your favorite jeans. :ohmy:

*Whimpers*

I want snow...

We are supposed to maybe see an inch of snow tonight and tomorrow morning...but then it's going to warm up into the 40s later this week, therefore causing the snow to melt. Again. :madspit:.

Damnit, it's December! I want below freezing temperatures and more than an inch of snow on the ground! :mad:.

I really hope that we do get snow for Christmas this year. I'm praying we do. Last year sucked without it. It didn't feel like Christmas at all.

And of course, now that my family moves out of the town that we last lived in, they decide to get a big snowstorm this year-they're supposed to get a lot of snow up there tonight, while we get an inch. :(.

Angela

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Same thing in Uni. UofT NEVER closes. And 90% of students commute. Meanwhile, McMaster, like 80% live on campus, and they close at least twice a winter.

UT closes their boonie campuses but not downtown.

When I was in my second year, I still remember a huge snow storm the day of my BIO250 exam, and they let us write it whenever we showed up, so long as it was before noon (it was originally scheduled for 9 am). I got up at 6 in the morning that day. Bah.

The town I very first lived in cancelled school quite often (which is weird, 'cause my parents tell me stories about how, when they were kids and they went to school in that town, cancellations were extremely rare-there could be a foot of snow on the ground and they'd still go). It was either that, or we got let out early (heh, I still remember one snowstorm when I was in elementary school-we got let out, like, 15 minutes before we would've gotten out for the day anyway because of a huge snowstorm that was coming. Well, it hit as we were coming home, and I was riding on the bus, and if you looked out the windows, you saw nothing but white. Needless to say, school was cancelled the next day. And then there was the huge Halloween icestorm of '91 that we got).

The last town I lived in, the guy in charge of school closings was a little more stingy about closing school (although 11th grade was an exception-from about two weeks before Christmas up through to mid-March of that year, there wasn't a single week in that entire time frame where we went to school all day, every day for the week. We either had vacations, or we had snow days, or we had late starts or early outs). I remember days where we'd come to school and kids would be complaining about all the other towns around us and the kids in those towns not having to go to school, and yet we did. But they forgot to take into account that a lot of those towns were rural ones, and the snowplows took a longer time getting to those towns than to ours.

It did irritate me one day, though-travel was not advised in our town 'cause of snow, and there were stories of kids getting into car accident on the way to school, 'cause it was so icy (luckily, everyone was okay, but still...), and yet there wasn't even a delay. The guy who was in charge of this stuff had a car that could handle that kind of weather...he forgot that most kids didn't. And I thought that school should've at least been delayed, if not cancelled.

As for this town...according to my dad, school closings and delays are extremely rare, simply because we're in a warmer part of Nebraska :)mad:...), and it's just not that common to get big blizzards here (although, from what I've heard, we do get icestorms on occasion, which is not a good thing for a town that's extremely hilly, as this one is-and whose hills are rather steep ones, too).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom