Cunter, Switzerland superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:
*reads blog of an Australian bloke living in London*

God help me, he's crapping on about trains. :|

TRAINS ARE EVEEERYYYYWHEEEEERRRE.

Except Tasmania. They're getting fucked.

The last three weeks of new Simpsons have been terrible.

I thought they were going to do away with Sideshow Bob in tonights episode. It would have been the last new Simpsons episode i would have ever watched.

As it stands i may not watch any more anyway. This current season on NZ TV is just the lowest i've ever seen this show.

major_panic said:

Ooooh nice, any interesting food?

Oh yeah, I go there fairly often and it's really nice. :) Lots of spiced lentils (there are really good meat dishes too), chili and turmeric coloured vegetables. And you eat it all with your hands, which is awesome.

I drank a couple of African beers, too.

coolian2 said:

I thought they were going to do away with Sideshow Bob in tonights episode. It would have been the last new Simpsons episode i would have ever watched.

As it stands i may not watch any more anyway. This current season on NZ TV is just the lowest i've ever seen this show.

You still watch new episodes of the Simpsons?

I didn't know you were such a masochist, Ian.

major_panic said:

Nice, although by that do you mean you played football and won, or your team played football and won? Either way, I'm guessing your team isn't the Melb Demons.

My team won. After the shitstorm of the past few days it was nice to have something go my way, first time i've ever had tears in my eyes at a sporting event - when the team scored the try that sealed the game.

:laugh: at Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's latest thread. He must really be dying to talk about Bono's voice, but seeing as how Bono hasn't done much recently he's falling back on random songs...

The Sad Punk said:

Oh yeah, I go there fairly often and it's really nice. :) Lots of spiced lentils (there are really good meat dishes too), chili and turmeric coloured vegetables. And you eat it all with your hands, which is awesome.

I drank a couple of African beers, too.

Hmmm sounds interesting. Not too far off from some of the Indian food I've seen, either, although I'm not sure if Indians know that vegetables exist sometimes. :huh:

major_panic said:
:laugh: at Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's latest thread. He must really be dying to talk about Bono's voice, but seeing as how Bono hasn't done much recently he's falling back on random songs...

hmmmmmmmmm's

Axver said:
TRAINS ARE EVEEERYYYYWHEEEEERRRE.

Except Tasmania. They're getting fucked.
I'm almost afraid to say this, but not true. I went on a scenic steam railway from ... gawd, what was it called... Queenstown to Straughan (or however you spell that)... the South West Wilderness railway or something. (Well, we stopped halfway to Straughan and went back again, but still.)

It had this thing in the middle of the track to help it up and down steep slopes... can't remember what that's called either.

There are pictures somewhere, but they're at home and aren't scanned.

coolian2 said:

Which episode was it? I saw an utterly dire Sideshow Bob episode recently myself.

major_panic said:

Hmmm sounds interesting. Not too far off from some of the Indian food I've seen, either, although I'm not sure if Indians know that vegetables exist sometimes. :huh:

Yeah, some of the dishes are sort of similar to Indian ones.

Indians know vegetables exist, the best curries are vegetarian! Nothing like a good Dal with Aloo Gobi.

coolian2 said:

My team won. After the shitstorm of the past few days it was nice to have something go my way, first time i've ever had tears in my eyes at a sporting event - when the team scored the try that sealed the game.

That's good to hear. Hope everything's going well.

Alisaura said:

I'm almost afraid to say this, but not true. I went on a scenic steam railway from ... gawd, what was it called... Queenstown to Straughan (or however you spell that)... the South West Wilderness railway or something. (Well, we stopped halfway to Straughan and went back again, but still.)

It had this thing in the middle of the track to help it up and down steep slopes... can't remember what that's called either.

There are pictures somewhere, but they're at home and aren't scanned.

Oh yeah, Tasmania has some awesome heritage lines. I believe you're thinking of the Abt rack railway. I am SO JEALOUS.

But in terms of their revenue railway, they are so, so fucked. They have no passenger trains AT ALL - the only state or territory to lack them. Hobart has no commuter rail. And the freight network is on the brink of collapse. It's terrible. And when it does collapse (as seems inevitable), Tasmanians are going to wonder why so many semis are bashing their roads to pieces ...

coolian2 said:

Bob faked his death in an attempt to kill Bart.

Actually, now that i think about it the Italy Bob episode wasn't much either.

Not sure if that's the one I saw. All I remember is Bob had the perfect chance to kill Bart but decides he can't and sings some song about getting used to the sight of Bart's face or some such shit. It was HORRIBLE.

Axver said:
But in terms of their revenue railway, they are so, so fucked. They have no passenger trains AT ALL - the only state or territory to lack them. Hobart has no commuter rail. And the freight network is on the brink of collapse. It's terrible. And when it does collapse (as seems inevitable), Tasmanians are going to wonder why so many semis are bashing their roads to pieces ...
Oh right. Well, I guess there's not enough population there to support it...?

And as for bashed up roads, HAH. Now they can see what life's like for the rest of us :p

poster83754458.jpg

Alisaura said:

Oh right. Well, I guess there's not enough population there to support it...?

And as for bashed up roads, HAH. Now they can see what life's like for the rest of us :p

Actually, there is. The Tassie railways should be doing fairly well. Privatisation has ruined it though - companies coming in to make short term profit for shareholders everywhere possible while running the system into the ground and spending the barest minimum possible (and sometimes not even that) on maintenance.

Privatisation just does NOT work for railways.

coolian2 said:

I forgot about that one.

Yeah, that was DIRE.

I think that was the worst Simpsons episode I have ever seen. Oh non-existent God, that ending was so fucking dumb.

coolian2 said:

If the alternative is American Idol i'll put up with it.

American Idol sucks too, but at least you can laugh at how terrible the singers are (in both singing and stage presence) and the hyperbole and completely incorrect opinions of the judges. I watched last years Australian Idol like this, and it was actually really fucking funny.

Speaking of the Simpsons, this is my favourite Simpsons website:

http://www.rubbercat.net/simpsons/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom