Cunter, Switzerland superthread - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-23-2008, 06:10 AM   #241
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,041
Local Time: 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
*reads blog of an Australian bloke living in London*

God help me, he's crapping on about trains.
TRAINS ARE EVEEERYYYYWHEEEEERRRE.

Except Tasmania. They're getting fucked.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:10 AM   #242
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 05:48 PM
The last three weeks of new Simpsons have been terrible.

I thought they were going to do away with Sideshow Bob in tonights episode. It would have been the last new Simpsons episode i would have ever watched.

As it stands i may not watch any more anyway. This current season on NZ TV is just the lowest i've ever seen this show.
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:11 AM   #243
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic


Ooooh nice, any interesting food?
Oh yeah, I go there fairly often and it's really nice. Lots of spiced lentils (there are really good meat dishes too), chili and turmeric coloured vegetables. And you eat it all with your hands, which is awesome.

I drank a couple of African beers, too.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:12 AM   #244
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
The last three weeks of new Simpsons have been terrible.

I thought they were going to do away with Sideshow Bob in tonights episode. It would have been the last new Simpsons episode i would have ever watched.

As it stands i may not watch any more anyway. This current season on NZ TV is just the lowest i've ever seen this show.
You still watch new episodes of the Simpsons?

I didn't know you were such a masochist, Ian.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:12 AM   #245
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic


Nice, although by that do you mean you played football and won, or your team played football and won? Either way, I'm guessing your team isn't the Melb Demons.
My team won. After the shitstorm of the past few days it was nice to have something go my way, first time i've ever had tears in my eyes at a sporting event - when the team scored the try that sealed the game.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:12 AM   #246
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 02:48 PM
at Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's latest thread. He must really be dying to talk about Bono's voice, but seeing as how Bono hasn't done much recently he's falling back on random songs...
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:14 AM   #247
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk


Oh yeah, I go there fairly often and it's really nice. Lots of spiced lentils (there are really good meat dishes too), chili and turmeric coloured vegetables. And you eat it all with your hands, which is awesome.

I drank a couple of African beers, too.
Hmmm sounds interesting. Not too far off from some of the Indian food I've seen, either, although I'm not sure if Indians know that vegetables exist sometimes.
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:14 AM   #248
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk


You still watch new episodes of the Simpsons?

I didn't know you were such a masochist, Ian.
Eternal optimist - i hope like mad they might come up with a good one.

Frankly, if they can't do it with a Sideshow Bob episode they're fucked.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:14 AM   #249
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
at Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's latest thread. He must really be dying to talk about Bono's voice, but seeing as how Bono hasn't done much recently he's falling back on random songs...
hmmmmmmmmm's
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:15 AM   #250
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
TRAINS ARE EVEEERYYYYWHEEEEERRRE.

Except Tasmania. They're getting fucked.
I'm almost afraid to say this, but not true. I went on a scenic steam railway from ... gawd, what was it called... Queenstown to Straughan (or however you spell that)... the South West Wilderness railway or something. (Well, we stopped halfway to Straughan and went back again, but still.)

It had this thing in the middle of the track to help it up and down steep slopes... can't remember what that's called either.

There are pictures somewhere, but they're at home and aren't scanned.
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:15 AM   #251
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,041
Local Time: 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
The last three weeks of new Simpsons have been terrible.

I thought they were going to do away with Sideshow Bob in tonights episode. It would have been the last new Simpsons episode i would have ever watched.

As it stands i may not watch any more anyway. This current season on NZ TV is just the lowest i've ever seen this show.
Which episode was it? I saw an utterly dire Sideshow Bob episode recently myself.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:16 AM   #252
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic


Hmmm sounds interesting. Not too far off from some of the Indian food I've seen, either, although I'm not sure if Indians know that vegetables exist sometimes.
Yeah, some of the dishes are sort of similar to Indian ones.

Indians know vegetables exist, the best curries are vegetarian! Nothing like a good Dal with Aloo Gobi.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:17 AM   #253
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Which episode was it? I saw an utterly dire Sideshow Bob episode recently myself.
Bob faked his death in an attempt to kill Bart.


Actually, now that i think about it the Italy Bob episode wasn't much either.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:17 AM   #254
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2


My team won. After the shitstorm of the past few days it was nice to have something go my way, first time i've ever had tears in my eyes at a sporting event - when the team scored the try that sealed the game.
That's good to hear. Hope everything's going well.
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:18 AM   #255
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,041
Local Time: 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

I'm almost afraid to say this, but not true. I went on a scenic steam railway from ... gawd, what was it called... Queenstown to Straughan (or however you spell that)... the South West Wilderness railway or something. (Well, we stopped halfway to Straughan and went back again, but still.)

It had this thing in the middle of the track to help it up and down steep slopes... can't remember what that's called either.

There are pictures somewhere, but they're at home and aren't scanned.
Oh yeah, Tasmania has some awesome heritage lines. I believe you're thinking of the Abt rack railway. I am SO JEALOUS.

But in terms of their revenue railway, they are so, so fucked. They have no passenger trains AT ALL - the only state or territory to lack them. Hobart has no commuter rail. And the freight network is on the brink of collapse. It's terrible. And when it does collapse (as seems inevitable), Tasmanians are going to wonder why so many semis are bashing their roads to pieces ...
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com