Cunter, Switzerland superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mysterious_jen said:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
so you admit going there for things other than motivational poster material !

:shifty:

Fine, the captions thread too, for the occasional lols. I also go to It's Official for my daily dose of WTF.

ShowGAYship. :wink:

major_panic said:

I wouldn't know, I'd never go into the Fan Fiction section. The only reason I ever went into PLEBA was for the captions thread, which was the only funny thing happening on Interference until Mia and Vari's threads popped up in EYKIW.

The captions thread should be better. But all too often it's simply a case of reducing Bono to an uninteresting retard obsessed with shinies or something that doesn't actually take advantage of Bono's ridiculous personality in any way shape or form. Some of them will make one get on with their rofls, but it's all a little too restricted in a place where most people are incapable of making fun of U2.

It's been a secret wish of mine to see a caption thread in EYKIW.

major_panic said:

I wouldn't know, I'd never go into the Fan Fiction section. The only reason I ever went into PLEBA was for the captions thread, which was the only funny thing happening on Interference until Mia and Vari's threads popped up in EYKIW.

Dear non-existent God. I think you've just managed to prove it's possible to overshare in a non-sexual way.

mysterious_jen said:
not yet wild, these ones dont take the bait like others do.

i believe them to be a superspecies of pure dork.

:wink:

i get more bite out of chicks than these guys

:sigh:

:lol:

We're just reserved.

OK, fine, so I'm as nerdy as they come.

mysterious_jen said:

nerdy and A sexual

May I remind you of my 72% pure score?

To the best of my recollection, Ali was 77% and you're not calling her asexual!

Axver said:
We can excuse Adam though. It's no secret that if you met him in the street, you'd probably outsmart him at bass knowledge. Larry tries to pretend to be a serious musician.
Technical knowledge is one thing (and I don't really have much of that either)... but he's been playing that thing for THIRTY YEARS. If you do anything for thirty years, you gain some level of proficiency just through sheer bloody repetition and familiarity. I can't slap (cue Jen comment), I probably can't do most of what's on October. Let alone half of Pop. He makes it look so damn easy and it's not. That alone tells me he's a shitload better than I am. My left hand looks like a dying huntsman on the fretboard.

So Adam may not be a "serious" musician... he's still a million times the musician I'll ever be. I can't afford to do nothing but play bass (and shag the odd supermodel) for thirty years. He's a hell of a lucky bastard that he has been able to do that.

I really should avoid this place when my sense of humour's gone missing.

Back in my PLEBAn hole. :reject:

Axver said:

May I remind you of my 72% pure score?

To the best of my recollection, Ali was 77% and you're not calling her asexual!

If you're asexual, what does that make PFan and myself?

major_panic said:

And, as we've established in the last ten or so minutes, I have a huge amount of showGAYship!

I think you need that to jump around for hours and get sweaty with a bunch of other guys with swords and spears.

Alisaura said:

Technical knowledge is one thing (and I don't really have much of that either)... but he's been playing that thing for THIRTY YEARS. If you do anything for thirty years, you gain some level of proficiency just through sheer bloody repetition and familiarity. I can't slap (cue Jen comment), I probably can't do most of what's on October. Let alone half of Pop. He makes it look so damn easy and it's not. That alone tells me he's a shitload better than I am. My left hand looks like a dying huntsman on the fretboard.

So Adam may not be a "serious" musician... he's still a million times the musician I'll ever be. I can't afford to do nothing but play bass (and shag the odd supermodel) for thirty years. He's a hell of a lucky bastard that he has been able to do that.

I have utmost respect for ali and her dying huntsman hands .

:hug:

and dont take it tooo seriously babe :kiss:

Axver said:

I think you need that to jump around for hours and get sweaty with a bunch of other guys with swords and spears.

So, there goes my credibility as a straight guy on these forums?

Seriously though, I'm not gay. Although it is fun to pretend to be.

Alisaura said:

Your sense of humour's gone missing? You still cracked me up with that "my left hand is like a dying huntsman on the fretboard" comment! :lol:

And while Adam clearly improves over time from Boy to Pop, there's a rather sudden regression from Pop to the last two albums. He was really starting to get some talent, and then it suddenly ... disappears, like it's evaporated. WTF, Adam.

major_panic said:

So, there goes my credibility as a straight guy on these forums?

Seriously though, I'm not gay. Although it is fun to pretend to be.

Where's Daniel to post "NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!"?

mysterious_jen said:

:ohmy:

OVERSHARING AGAIN

:lol:

You should see how well my gay impersonation goes down at church. It creeps people out, it's absolutely hilarious.

Although, I've always maintained that only those truly secure in their sexuality can pretend to be homosexual and not care about what others think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom