Cunter, Switzerland superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:

The last time I had this much fun online was looking at gabrielvox's website :laugh: :laugh:

So anyway, seeing as Ax looks like Adam, I think he should be playing bass in Phail, and not Ali. Ali can play guitar, and I can sing, and Daniel can play drums! Then it'll really be Phail...

:lol: Though wouldn't I be even more of a phailure as Adam if I were not actually playing the same instrument he plays?

Axver said:

:lol: Though wouldn't I be even more of a phailure as Adam if I were not actually playing the same instrument he plays?

Very true, very true :hmm:

Phail - the new U2 "tribute" band that's rocking the nation! Featuring renditions of the entire October album and songs such as "Ultra Violet", Phail are guaranteed to entertain you with their impersonation of U2!

The Sad Punk said:
Whoever ends up with the bass job in Phail, it's going to be pretty damn hard for them to play worse than Adam.

Ax and I decided the other day, if I'm drumming and Ali's playing bass, we're running through October, beginning to finish. That'll be the new definition of Epic Phailure, I'm sure.

The Sad Punk said:

What number is it up to?

Has there actually been any U2 yet?

number 225 , only u2 i have seen was one yesterday at #640

i would sincerly hope there will be more u2 soon, freaking madonna is popping up all the time :yuck:

major_panic said:

Ax and I decided the other day, if I'm drumming and Ali's playing bass, we're running through October, beginning to finish. That'll be the new definition of Epic Phailure, I'm sure.

The important part is that none of us may look at tabs beforehand. We simply have to guess. And I'm meant to play both piano and guitar for I Fall Down.

Axver said:

The important part is that none of us may look at tabs beforehand. We simply have to guess. And I'm meant to play both piano and guitar for I Fall Down.

Hmmm, one of us is gonna have to wear a beanie, and another is not going to have to smile and wear a really tight-fitting shirt.

And one of us is going to have to ramble and forget words. And fall off the stage whilst walking backwards. And sing "love love love - Africa! Africa! Africa!" if we play Streets.

major_panic said:

Hmmm, one of us is gonna have to wear a beanie, and another is not going to have to smile and wear a really tight-fitting shirt.

And one of us is going to have to ramble and forget words. And fall off the stage whilst walking backwards. And sing "love love love - Africa! Africa! Africa!" if we play Streets.

And we need snippets. Lots and lots of snippets. At least half must be Beatles songs.

poster56658791.jpg

major_panic said:

You should go for an October era image. Just to add to the Phail.

The Sad Punk said:

Just one of those big "best song around" countdowns that are of no worth whatsoever but suck you in anyway.

Ah, right. And out of 1,000 hours of worth of videos, there's approximately two I like, I'm sure.

Have a good night, Ian!

Axver said:

Ah, right. And out of 1,000 hours of worth of videos, there's approximately two I like, I'm sure.

72 or so hours, actually.

So it's more as if you just like one bit in one of the videos.

The Sad Punk said:
72 or so hours, actually.

So it's more as if you just like one bit in one of the videos.

:lol: One video briefly shows a train or something ...

Axver said:

And we need snippets. Lots and lots of snippets. At least half must be Beatles songs.

And the rest being INXS and Rolling Stones snippets?

Bad / Sympathy for the Devil (snippet) / Ruby Tuesday (snippet) / Not Fade Away (snippet) / Wild Horses (snippet) / Paint It Black (snippet) / Jumpin' Jack Flash (snippet)

and

With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet) / Never Tear Us Apart (snippet) / Suicide Blonde (snippet) / Original Sin (snippet) / Listen Like Thieves (snippet) / Beautiful Girl (snippet) / Elegantly Wasted (snippet)

and

Help (snippet) / Beautiful Day / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / Hey Jude (snippet) / Eleanor Rigby (snippet) / Yellow Submarine (snippet) / Ticket to Ride (snippet) / Let It Be (snippet) / Can't Buy Me Love (snippet) / A Hard Day's Night (snippet) / Love Me Do (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet) / Imagine (snippet) / Theme to Thomas the Tank Engine (snippet) / Here Comes The Sun (snippet) / I Am The Walrus (snippet)

major_panic said:

i think i can do the rambling falling over and off the stage really well, and i wear my sunnies allllll the time, even inside.

major_panic said:

Help (snippet) / Beautiful Day / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / Hey Jude (snippet) / Eleanor Rigby (snippet) / Yellow Submarine (snippet) / Ticket to Ride (snippet) / Let It Be (snippet) / Can't Buy Me Love (snippet) / A Hard Day's Night (snippet) / Love Me Do (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet) / Imagine (snippet) / Theme to Thomas the Tank Engine (snippet) / Here Comes The Sun (snippet) / I Am The Walrus (snippet)

I can only support this if you add a City Of Blinding Lights snippet in a nod to gabrielvox.

mysterious_jen said:

i think i can do the rambling falling over and off the stage really well, and i wear my sunnies allllll the time, even inside.

:up: Congratulations, you qualify as Bono!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom