Cumby, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck it's cold tonight.......and the wind is absolutely howling here....:yikes:

We've had hail, thunder, lightening etc all day...:yikes: and Ian, I had to drive up to Khyber Pass in the middle of it all this afternoon :yikes:

Fuck it's cold tonight.......and the wind is absolutely howling here....:yikes:

We've had hail, thunder, lightening etc all day...:yikes: and Ian, I had to drive up to Khyber Pass in the middle of it all this afternoon :yikes:

it might be cold here too, I don't know. I've got the heater on and I'm swathed in flannel and polar fleece with a touch of sheepskin :sexywink:

Mrs Richards: And another thing, I asked for a room with a view!
Basil: [muttering to Manuel] Deaf, mad, and blind...
[He goes to the window and peers through it.]
Basil: Ah, this is the view as far as I can remember, madam… yes, yes, this is it.
Mrs Richards: When I pay for a view, I expect something more interesting than that.
Basil: That is Torquay, madam.
Mrs Richards: Well, it's not good enough.
Basil: Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically—
Mrs Richards: Don't be silly! I expect to be able to see the sea.
Basil: You can see the sea. It's over there between the land and the sky.
Mrs Richards: I'd need a telescope to see that.
Basil: Well, may I suggest that you consider moving to a hotel closer to the sea?! [muttering to himself] Or preferably in it.
Mrs. Richards: Now listen to me. I'm not satisfied, but I've decided to stay here. However, I shall expect a reduction.
Basil: Why? Because Krakatoa isn't erupting at the moment?

:lmao:

It's nasty as hell here too - what were you doing in sunny Auckland?

Check up with my heart surgeon. I'm a druggie for life now :yes: - they can't operate on it - too difficult, but it's not going to kill me etc, and the pills keep it under control and make life more than liveable. So really I have nothing to complain about.

Auckland sucks arse. It took me 20 mintues to get from Mountain Road and onto the motoway (very short distance).....:yikes:

I only live just south of Bombay....speaking of which, I got drive through McDonalds from Bombay tonight - 15 minutes from ordering to getting my food through the window. When asked why they said "oh we were waiting for the fries' and they slammed the window shut. My burger had one tiny tiny bit of lettuce, a cup of mayonnaise, and was foul. I would have got more fries in a happy meal than what I got in my carton, and they were only half cooked! I rang them up and manager talked all sorts of shit out of his arse, but he's sending the assistant manager around with vouchers.....fucking unreal.

it might be cold here too, I don't know. I've got the heater on and I'm swathed in flannel and polar fleece with a touch of sheepskin :sexywink:

:ohmy: I have my thermals on underneath my flannelette pj's (soooo sexy:giggle: ) and the heater is on high. It's still fucking freezing so I'm probably going to go to bed......

Check up with my heart surgeon. I'm a druggie for life now :yes: - they can't operate on it - too difficult, but it's not going to kill me etc, and the pills keep it under control and make life more than liveable. So really I have nothing to complain about.

Auckland sucks arse. It took me 20 mintues to get from Mountain Road and onto the motoway (very short distance).....:yikes:

I only live just south of Bombay....speaking of which, I got drive through McDonalds from Bombay tonight - 15 minutes from ordering to getting my food through the window. When asked why they said "oh we were waiting for the fries' and they slammed the window shut. My burger had one tiny tiny bit of lettuce, a cup of mayonnaise, and was foul. I would have got more fries in a happy meal than what I got in my carton, and they were only half cooked! I rang them up and manager talked all sorts of shit out of his arse, but he's sending the assistant manager around with vouchers.....fucking unreal.

Well, that's mixed news. Not perfect, but certainly not bad either.

People in Auckland forget how to drive at the first sign of rain, it's scary.

And drive through windows are dreadful - they get lazy because they expect you to not put in the effort to fix it.

Wendys do better burgers anyway.

:mad: I hate it when drive thru takes ages. Once your in the queue you can't get out because of all the shrubs. I sometimes feel like honking my horn or yelling out at the people in front, "if you wanted something complicated then bloody go inside."

ooh, I'm all angry now

angry over :D

Ax, did you see what I wrote about the Verve?

The single's up on last.fm

Sorry for a second (possibly useless) post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom