Cumby, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I can totally hear some ultra-Southern person saying "my-lan". But I'd put it down to their accent, not a conscious attempt to change the place's pronunciation. Oh well, if I ever find myself in TN again and somehow end up in Milan, if anybody questions me, I'll just keep pronouncing it like the Italian city's name and say it's because of my accent. :wink:

And too-nik-uh.
:giggle:

omg that's it! well, it's more like toon-ick-uh but hey, close enough. i hear too-neek-uh, too-neesh-a, all sorts of things.

I've been to Oxford ... Canterbury.

Speaking of which, I've been to Canterbury ... New Zealand.

:giggle:

omg that's it! well, it's more like toon-ick-uh but hey, close enough. i hear too-neek-uh, too-neesh-a, all sorts of things.

Oh, being a Kiwi, that "nik" part is always going to be a short vowel for me. And I could also see tyoo-nik-uh after a few too many drinks/just getting lazy a la "where the shtreets have no name".

viva la vida update: so far, not bad, some really cool tracks, but not a masterpiece like everyone's been raving. AB eats this album alive.

So, how the fuck did they expect me to focus on my exam yesterday when this was the view I could enjoy instead?

s640x480

Close the window?

Oh and Ashley told me to tell you Im listening to One.

Seriously, if the window had blinds or curtains or anything, I would have shut them! It was such a fucking boring exam that I found myself routinely gazing out at the view.

And that's an epic fail. :tsk:

Seriously, if the window had blinds or curtains or anything, I would have shut them! It was such a fucking boring exam that I found myself routinely gazing out at the view.

And that's an epic fail. :tsk:

Oh thats a shame. All teachers are just out to get students to fail. :tsk:

I did not choose the song. Ashley did.
I chose Desire. (the only U2 song i like.)

Desire is a thousand times better than One, and don't let any of this forum tell you otherwise.

Especially the rockin' Lovetown Tour performances in 1989 with the shredding solo. :drool:

Oh and Axver as soon as you mentioned Love town Ashley was like "OH GOD"

:lol:

I'm well-known for my (over?-)fondness for the Lovetown Tour. I don't give a shit about a lot of what U2 have done in the 18 years since then, but that tour ruled.

:lol:

I'm well-known for my (over?-)fondness for the Lovetown Tour. I don't give a shit about a lot of what U2 have done in the 18 years since then, but that tour ruled.

Lovetown doesn't even seem real. it doens't seem like u2. it seems like a band of cloned-U2 that somehow was 10x awesomer than the real band at any other time period.

Lovetown doesn't even seem real. it doens't seem like u2. it seems like a band of cloned-U2 that somehow was 10x awesomer than the real band at any other time period.

Yeah. I listen to a bootleg like 26 December 1989 and think "where the hell did that come from? Holy shit!"

I just wish Edge would record more material as rockin' as some of his Lovetown stuff. It's hardly a surprise Acrobat came from an Auckland Lovetown soundcheck.

Yeah. I listen to a bootleg like 26 December 1989 and think "where the hell did that come from? Holy shit!"

I just wish Edge would record more material as rockin' as some of his Lovetown stuff. It's hardly a surprise Acrobat came from an Auckland Lovetown soundcheck.

I don't even understand how the band that existed then (and though we'll disagree here) and in the early 90s became the band they are now.

And what is the deal with playing pretty much only singles during tours :sad:

I don't even understand how the band that existed then (and though we'll disagree here) and in the early 90s became the band they are now.

And what is the deal with playing pretty much only singles during tours :sad:

Yeah, the sudden break between Pop and the current material is a bit startling. I suppose you can see hints of it coming in the 1998 Melbourne soundcheck, but still, the complete mindset shift that accompanied the changed sound is what really bugs me.

It was just a bit strange when at the end of Vertigo, we had some shows that had just the three best performing singles as HTDAAB's representatives. :|

This went quiet all of a sudden. Have Ashley and Brittany gotten into a fight to the death over who gets to use the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom